DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?

Go down 
+279
Ashburtongeorge
Lastoftheindependents
emenius
~Aaron~
NotLikeWeBleed
Johnny 99
Hombie
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
TLRRescue
tigerstrom29
AngryRyan
gchestney
aaron0vt
Smasha13
Leigh
GaslightInspired
scottydontno
pleasepassthesoup
Forum Owner
23Punk
Aregular_89
jzancan
mwh
TheScottWillzAnthem
Hanswurst
CroyBhoy1981
Blues With the Dogs
DeathoftheCool
Jersey-Chris
LiveFastDieOld
BereasaTGA
kimmy
Anya_TGA
zerb012345
SpaceEcho34
Thunder_Road
FrankieG
kappanera
beckiee1993
jonester
Italian__Fallon
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cdala
EveryLittleSecret
HolyBreakOfDay
rdghst
FelixMA
BuddyHolly
Definitely_Josef
virginiasheart
Andy_
DianaAntonia
thgilsag_mehtna
DiamondSinatra
bringiton_ty
rsi1991
Paddy
GaslightFletch
Lexicon
OllieC
matkins
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
wedidwhenyoung
keepsake
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Xanthias
jgardz
aussieTGAfan
JamesLUFC
Emusic
NYYFAN523
gking92
DryCounty
CapedAvenger
CasanovaBaby90
Try Me
Chesser19
Greenlizard
Chappers
OldManShoes3
moconnell23
Nothingman
TheSultanOfSwing
mrlisc2
A_Regular
Mr.Grieves
numnutz78
snakester
RaquelWaltz
Velocity
kayla_tga
nzappia90
StitchesOnTheRadio
Breanne
saltandburn1967
VanillaMintFusion
White Man In Hammersmith
TheContender
HighLonesome
Paula
redheadchick
'49mercury
AGoodTime
deadmanstown
marcsnitz
sonsofregret
Heart_Strings
gaslightsofie
AmSlang59
enola
clemsn78
Miles
rgillies
Steve70s
Keeb631
Don Carlo
EmmaMary
BobbyBaseball
Fiddler
Jerseyrain
nomad677
CharlotteGaslight
rumham
waltzingseñora
Matilda Noir
nebraska
J_Bizness
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Tobbo
33rpm
thealarmist
Blue_Collar_Man
mirrorenigma
spgilbert
Pel.71
Phil Rockabill
stayFree
I am Incinerator
StopAndSlideToTheRight
RememberLikeWeWereAlive
03aarm
The Angry Johnny Revue
joshyboytyler
kateoflowerchelsea
kkent16
Johnxazn
\m/aria
ashleybb
Harbortown
johnnyk748
hey yellow
Fat C
Matty-E
Simon
Know Your Borders
Gaslight23
UK Ellie
knuckles
Hemingway
No_Direction
NeverTrustAJunkie
gaslightom
Shrewsbury_Stars
Zeebs07
brianisbae
spork13
casanova15
fullcollapse
Henriflame
chickenman
Pants
concresence
theBasemen
GraveRobbers
JimmyB
Ghost
Kosburn59
ozfacter
Seldini
CASANOVA, BILLY!
Jessii
Christophe
summy
JJW319
Regarded
gp
Dwizza
bish
wonderson189
QueenOfTheBronx
azlisa
SmilinSkullRing
Philo
LuceroDiehard
amberfoyd
steffuhnee
oli1980
sidekicksuicide
randomhero78
ExitEnglish
tgatom
Jaywalk
its_lesleyanne
MKULTRA
JoeHamling
B701
cristinaevelyn
jward326
Reinvent good times
vamike
Turn the Casanova On
kuruptlon
Jay
rem999
torbar
Tailschao
Bea
bringiton
stayhungry
bobbyjames
pricegrabber
Casey
Izzy Eviel
Jeff
IKeeptheDiner
loazis
DaveSavedTheDay
borrowedcar
dapperdecembrist
mostly_harmless
matt even
nuwbuddy
dmac
RobertODonnell
andy.mac
Maureen973
thecosmickid
scousertommy
RunawaySmile
Holland
noble_man
redd
KittyKat
ral
Deeper Shade of Blue
carson
massie1903
Refused
Palmer89
Emyr
simo
tdawg
bradcooke
Stevearm
TGAFAN25
twistednightmare
Dan_Dog
steady now steady now
kcdc
Scott
lynchyeatspizza
tomttt
I Came To Dance
ktp
Snap
hostutca
surfNJ
Kristi
kieran
Norb
Luca Chinaski
JoshRaymond
Prisoner
steph
LBAZ
e7c
Jukebox Romeo
283 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:49 pm

haha a mate. uh in high school i saw them on fuse then a few years ago i fell head over heels after steven smith said try them out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Springsteen   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm

I am one of those fans who heard about the Gaslight Anthem via Springsteen. I kept hearing him plug this band so a few weeks ago, I downloaded their songs fron Napster and found friends with the Reading and Bonnaroo boots. Now I am hooked--wondering why I didn't check them out 2 years ago.

For years I have listened to Springsteen and for several years I was into local band Shinedown, which is much different than Bruce.

The Gaslight Anthem is the new music I have been looking for. I gave my wife some CDs and she thinks they sound like Bruce. I disagree. I know they incorporate some of Bruce's characters from the old days (Spanish Johnny & Maria) and words from songs like Thundercrack, but they have their own unique sound.

Cannot wait for the August 2 show at the HOB in Boston. I am sure the band will not let me down.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Heard 'Old White Lincoln' played on an Alt. radio show over here around the time 'The '59 Sound' was released and was instantly hooked. Downloaded 'The backseat', 'Great Expectations' and 'The '59 Sound' the next and ordered both 'Sink or Swim' and 'The '59 Sound' by the end of that week!
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm a die-hard Bruce fan, but surprisingly that's not why I'm a TGA fan. I heard their music shortly after 59 Sound came out. I guess it was receiving a bit of hype somewhere I post at. Anyway, I loved it immediately. The Bruce references were great. I then got SoS and SatQ immediately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:01 pm

My boyfriend has really liked them for a few years now and I took notice, but I never actually bought their albums and I only knew what I had heard from him when he would play them in iTunes. and then we saw them live, and they blew me away. Next day I got all their albums and the EP and I listen to them every single day when I'm at work. It's rare to find albums where you don't skip any songs. They're all perfect!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:41 pm

I was driving in the car when i changed the channel to 93.3 and the first words i heard were, "young boys...young girls." and I was hooked. I went home and bought all of the albums. I'm still listening to them every single day.
Back to top Go down
wonderson189
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
wonderson189

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:01 pm

my friend gave me a mix cd that had Here's Lookin At You, Kid on it i was hooked as soon as i heard:
" boys will be boys, and girls have those eyes, that will cut you to ribbons sometimes, and all you can do is just wait by the moon, and bleed if its what she says you oughta do."
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:10 pm

QueenOfTheBronx wrote:
I was driving in the car when i changed the channel to 93.3 and the first words i heard were, "young boys...young girls." and I was hooked. I went home and bought all of the albums. I'm still listening to them every single day.
Perv...

=PP
Back to top Go down
wonderson189
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
wonderson189

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:51 pm

come on man gimme a break its a great song and those are great lyrics
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:19 pm

loazis wrote:
QueenOfTheBronx wrote:
Perv...

=PP

Oh I didn't even mean it like that.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:43 pm

loazis wrote:
QueenOfTheBronx wrote:
Perv...

=PP

haha. now i have oingo boingo "little girls" in my head. sometimes i realize im singing along to that song in my car, really loud, and wonder what someone would think if they really heard.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:27 pm

haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:13 am

QueenOfTheBronx wrote:
loazis wrote:
QueenOfTheBronx wrote:
Perv...

=PP

Oh I didn't even mean it like that.
Haha, I was kidding, no sweat ;D

steph wrote:
haha. now i have oingo boingo "little girls" in
my head. sometimes i realize im singing along to that song in my car,
really loud, and wonder what someone would think if they really heard.haha. now i have oingo boingo "little girls" in
my head. sometimes i realize im singing along to that song in my car,
really loud, and wonder what someone would think if they really heard.
Haha, that song is so wrong, just looked it up xD
Back to top Go down
bish
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 pm

punknews, sos was highly recommended
Back to top Go down
Dwizza
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Dwizza

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Thought i'd allow my first post to be an explanation of how I came across The Gaslight Anthem.

A radio station in the UK called XFM was playing alot of Gaslight and also Airborne Toxic Event during like Feb, 2009ish. So i'd decide to buy both their albums, with more of a sway towards ATE at the time. I ended up absolutely falling in love with Gaslight, and at the time the 4 men on the album cover seemed so mysterious and new. Little did I know they'd had another album out before this was that I purchased straight away.

That radio station XFM later that year held a competition to go to Japan to go to the Fuji Rocks Festival where Gaslight was playing - the first price was 100 pound to each of the 30 winners, and each winner got put into the draw to go to Japan. I thought it would be cool if i was to end up winning it but didn't think I stood a chance and needed the 100 pounds to pay off my car tax - I only went and ending up winning the trip! Which turned out to be the first time I ever saw Gaslight Anthem and it was absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dana.windley
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Dwizza wrote:
Thought i'd allow my first post to be an explanation of how I came across The Gaslight Anthem.

A radio station in the UK called XFM was playing alot of Gaslight and also Airborne Toxic Event during like Feb, 2009ish. So i'd decide to buy both their albums, with more of a sway towards ATE at the time. I ended up absolutely falling in love with Gaslight, and at the time the 4 men on the album cover seemed so mysterious and new. Little did I know they'd had another album out before this was that I purchased straight away.

That radio station XFM later that year held a competition to go to Japan to go to the Fuji Rocks Festival where Gaslight was playing - the first price was 100 pound to each of the 30 winners, and each winner got put into the draw to go to Japan. I thought it would be cool if i was to end up winning it but didn't think I stood a chance and needed the 100 pounds to pay off my car tax - I only went and ending up winning the trip! Which turned out to be the first time I ever saw Gaslight Anthem and it was absolutely amazing!

That is an AWESOME story!! Hopefully you got to meet them and tell them that you won a trip to see them in Japan! How random and awesome!
Back to top Go down
Dwizza
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Dwizza

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:15 pm

azlisa wrote:
Dwizza wrote:

That is an AWESOME story!! Hopefully you got to meet them and tell them that you won a trip to see them in Japan! How random and awesome!

Haha yer! Got to meet them at Leeds Festival the month later and Benny remembered me from Japan and put 'All the way from Japan' on my autograph, and Brian drew a Japanese flag on my autograph. Then recently at a show in Manchester Alex L dropped my Fuji Rocks Tshirt some love! He pointed at me, then grabbed his tshirt and gave me a thumbs up. After the show Alex R said 'Wow! Was you there!?' so i said 'In there?' and pointed at the acedemy and he said 'No Japan!?' so i said 'Yer!' so he said 'Cool....so was I!' and laughed. Was so cute. I've fallen in love with Alex ever since, hah.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dana.windley
gp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gp

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Saw people talking about them on the B9 board. Went to see them with Thursday shortly after NYE 07
Back to top Go down
Regarded
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:15 pm

An american friend inroduced me to the band through youtube haha. I'm so happy he did. he used to send me really shity music but once he showed me The gaslight anthem playing Even Cowgirls Get The Blues live, I was inlove.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:52 pm

I kept hearing and seeing buzz up to the release of the 59 Sound, especially on ap.net. Finally checked em out, and I loved it. Coincidently, "Ida Call You Woody, Joe" was also on a video game that I was playing at the time Smile
Back to top Go down
summy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am

Thought i'd jump in on this post. Was downloading some new tracks from The National and one of those random music suggestions came up for TGA, ended up downloading american slang and was hooked. I think i spent the rest of the day youtubing clips.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 pm

It was roughly May 2009 I was just skipping radio stations when I heard Great Expectations playing on xfm radio. I really liked the sound of it and after hearing them also play a live version of The '59 Sound on the show I discovered that the band was called The Gaslight Anthem. After that I bought The '59 Sound almost instantly and was completely blown away by the band. Funny how I might never have gotten into them at all if I wasn't listening to the radio that day lol.
Back to top Go down
Jessii
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jessii

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:33 pm

The first time I saw The Gaslight Anthem, was when I was watching the dutch festival 'pinkpop''on tv. They showed two songs from them: Old white lincoln and Miles David& the cool. I really liked the band and searched for other songs on youtube. A few weeks later I bought The'59 Sound and listened to it many many times Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CASANOVA, BILLY!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
CASANOVA, BILLY!

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:04 pm

The first time i heard them it was 2008 i believe i was talking to the mano brothers who do a radio show here in Chicago on Q101 i meet them at a chicago bulls game. i told them i had been thinking about goin to school to be in radio so the invited to to the studio the next day. when i got there i learned brian fallon (who i didnt know at the time) was gunna be doing a in studio performance so after i met brian and heard him do a short acoustic set of the 59 sound, heres to looking at you kid and the weight afterword i talked to brian and he gave me an autographed copy of the 59 sound it was amazing
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 pm

CASANOVA, BILLY! wrote:
The first time i heard them it was 2008 i believe i was talking to the mano brothers who do a radio show here in Chicago on Q101 i meet them at a chicago bulls game. i told them i had been thinking about goin to school to be in radio so the invited to to the studio the next day. when i got there i learned brian fallon (who i didnt know at the time) was gunna be doing a in studio performance so after i met brian and heard him do a short acoustic set of the 59 sound, heres to looking at you kid and the weight afterword i talked to brian and he gave me an autographed copy of the 59 sound it was amazing

WOW! that story is amazing! you are so so so lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next