DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?

Go down 
+279
Ashburtongeorge
Lastoftheindependents
emenius
~Aaron~
NotLikeWeBleed
Johnny 99
Hombie
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
TLRRescue
tigerstrom29
AngryRyan
gchestney
aaron0vt
Smasha13
Leigh
GaslightInspired
scottydontno
pleasepassthesoup
Forum Owner
23Punk
Aregular_89
jzancan
mwh
TheScottWillzAnthem
Hanswurst
CroyBhoy1981
Blues With the Dogs
DeathoftheCool
Jersey-Chris
LiveFastDieOld
BereasaTGA
kimmy
Anya_TGA
zerb012345
SpaceEcho34
Thunder_Road
FrankieG
kappanera
beckiee1993
jonester
Italian__Fallon
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cdala
EveryLittleSecret
HolyBreakOfDay
rdghst
FelixMA
BuddyHolly
Definitely_Josef
virginiasheart
Andy_
DianaAntonia
thgilsag_mehtna
DiamondSinatra
bringiton_ty
rsi1991
Paddy
GaslightFletch
Lexicon
OllieC
matkins
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
wedidwhenyoung
keepsake
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Xanthias
jgardz
aussieTGAfan
JamesLUFC
Emusic
NYYFAN523
gking92
DryCounty
CapedAvenger
CasanovaBaby90
Try Me
Chesser19
Greenlizard
Chappers
OldManShoes3
moconnell23
Nothingman
TheSultanOfSwing
mrlisc2
A_Regular
Mr.Grieves
numnutz78
snakester
RaquelWaltz
Velocity
kayla_tga
nzappia90
StitchesOnTheRadio
Breanne
saltandburn1967
VanillaMintFusion
White Man In Hammersmith
TheContender
HighLonesome
Paula
redheadchick
'49mercury
AGoodTime
deadmanstown
marcsnitz
sonsofregret
Heart_Strings
gaslightsofie
AmSlang59
enola
clemsn78
Miles
rgillies
Steve70s
Keeb631
Don Carlo
EmmaMary
BobbyBaseball
Fiddler
Jerseyrain
nomad677
CharlotteGaslight
rumham
waltzingseñora
Matilda Noir
nebraska
J_Bizness
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Tobbo
33rpm
thealarmist
Blue_Collar_Man
mirrorenigma
spgilbert
Pel.71
Phil Rockabill
stayFree
I am Incinerator
StopAndSlideToTheRight
RememberLikeWeWereAlive
03aarm
The Angry Johnny Revue
joshyboytyler
kateoflowerchelsea
kkent16
Johnxazn
\m/aria
ashleybb
Harbortown
johnnyk748
hey yellow
Fat C
Matty-E
Simon
Know Your Borders
Gaslight23
UK Ellie
knuckles
Hemingway
No_Direction
NeverTrustAJunkie
gaslightom
Shrewsbury_Stars
Zeebs07
brianisbae
spork13
casanova15
fullcollapse
Henriflame
chickenman
Pants
concresence
theBasemen
GraveRobbers
JimmyB
Ghost
Kosburn59
ozfacter
Seldini
CASANOVA, BILLY!
Jessii
Christophe
summy
JJW319
Regarded
gp
Dwizza
bish
wonderson189
QueenOfTheBronx
azlisa
SmilinSkullRing
Philo
LuceroDiehard
amberfoyd
steffuhnee
oli1980
sidekicksuicide
randomhero78
ExitEnglish
tgatom
Jaywalk
its_lesleyanne
MKULTRA
JoeHamling
B701
cristinaevelyn
jward326
Reinvent good times
vamike
Turn the Casanova On
kuruptlon
Jay
rem999
torbar
Tailschao
Bea
bringiton
stayhungry
bobbyjames
pricegrabber
Casey
Izzy Eviel
Jeff
IKeeptheDiner
loazis
DaveSavedTheDay
borrowedcar
dapperdecembrist
mostly_harmless
matt even
nuwbuddy
dmac
RobertODonnell
andy.mac
Maureen973
thecosmickid
scousertommy
RunawaySmile
Holland
noble_man
redd
KittyKat
ral
Deeper Shade of Blue
carson
massie1903
Refused
Palmer89
Emyr
simo
tdawg
bradcooke
Stevearm
TGAFAN25
twistednightmare
Dan_Dog
steady now steady now
kcdc
Scott
lynchyeatspizza
tomttt
I Came To Dance
ktp
Snap
hostutca
surfNJ
Kristi
kieran
Norb
Luca Chinaski
JoshRaymond
Prisoner
steph
LBAZ
e7c
Jukebox Romeo
283 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
~Aaron~
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
~Aaron~

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:21 am

From a wrestling podcast 'Wrestling Soup', one of the hosts was doing a solo show and mentioned about the band...I was hooked there after!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaronhenstock.com
emenius
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
emenius

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 pm

At my high school, we had this break room that was exclusively for juniors/seniors, with graffitis on the wall, lots of cozy sofas and a hi-fi system. On sunny days, we would carry the sofas and the hifi-system outside during lunch break and relax in the sun. On one of these days, someone put on "Old White Lincoln"... the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
Lastoftheindependents
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Lastoftheindependents

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:15 am

I was 15 in late 2007. There was a homeless man that lived downtown near my bus stop that used to play music on some speakers. We'd talk about his music and trade new songs here and there. My dad had just died and I was just wrecked and going through the motions. One night the guy was playing Red At Night and it just fit my mood and situation perfectly. I was a fan from then on, but it wasn't until I heard the 59 Sound that they changed my life (isn't that everyone's story?). I felt like it was written just for me and my dad.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Sweet fucking story, man.
Back to top Go down
Ashburtongeorge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ashburtongeorge

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 9:50 am

My friend told me I had to try this band out and gave me copies of SoS and 59 Sound - I was hooked instantly. Luckily American Slang came out soon after so I didn't have to wait long at all for new material and to see them live at Leeds festival that summer.

I remember standing at Rock City in Nottingham later that year when everyone shouted "two step" in We Came to Dance and thinking just how important a band this must be to so many people, it was just brilliant. Pretty sure that was also the night Brian told the story of Chuck Ragan and the grill he brought to a vegetarian Barbecue (maybe someone can confirm that?!). Moments like that brought the whole thing to life though
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 10:29 am

Ashburtongeorge wrote:
Pretty sure that was also the night Brian told the story of Chuck Ragan and the grill he brought to a vegetarian Barbecue (maybe someone can confirm that?!).

I'm pretty sure it was, I was there.  It was also special for me, because I'd stood outside by myself in the freezing cold for hours ("you know you're a Gaslight fan ...") to speak to Brian, and at one point Chuck came out with a cup of tea for me. Very Happy Anyway, I did speak to Brian Hug and they let me in for part of the soundcheck. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Ashburtongeorge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ashburtongeorge

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 12:02 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Ashburtongeorge wrote:
Pretty sure that was also the night Brian told the story of Chuck Ragan and the grill he brought to a vegetarian Barbecue (maybe someone can confirm that?!).

I'm pretty sure it was, I was there.  It was also special for me, because I'd stood outside by myself in the freezing cold for hours ("you know you're a Gaslight fan ...") to speak to Brian, and at one point Chuck came out with a cup of tea for me. Very Happy Anyway, I did speak to Brian Hug and they let me in for part of the soundcheck. bounce

haha yep been there! That sounds amazing though - I only ever hear nice things about Chuck as well, him helping out fans etc, I love it!
Back to top Go down
zombietime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
zombietime

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 6:40 pm

cover of kerrang magazine in 2008. i didn't start listening to them until around the end of the american slang album cycle.
Back to top Go down
SashaV
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SashaV

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm

I was driving to school one morning (high school), and I caught the middle of "The '59 Sound" playing on some rock station in South Jersey that doesn't exist anymore. I believe it was 106.5 G Rock, if anyone remembers. From there I was hooked. I grabbed every album I could, which was only 2 at that point, and then American Slang came out not too long afterwards. I was so excited about this new band I had just discovered, that I found them on MySpace and messaged them. I got a response back from Brian which was very cool of them. Probably should have screen shot all that. But their music really had a huge affect on me and still does.
Back to top Go down
janoSK
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
janoSK

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 6:45 pm

I discovered TGA at the end of 2013 when I was driving my brothers car. There was nothing interesting on the radio as usual, so I looked through glovebox and found some unmarked CD. On the CD there were two albums - Sink or Swim and The 59 Sound and I fell in love with it. I´m not very talkative person and I usually find it hard to express myself but when I heard those lyrics, it was like Brian was reading my mind and said everything instead of me Laughing
I remember playing this CD over and over again everytime I drove that car, although my passengers usually didn´t share my passion Laughing
Back to top Go down
TrueBeliever
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Just curious, is there a thread on here where people display their posters? About to start framing my collection so I can finally get around to hanging them and was curious what other people's collections look like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17