DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]

Go down 
+27
lol_paul_ledoux
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
therainonthepavement
mja271
FrankieG
StitchesOnTheRadio
ivienco
BuddyHolly
cruzila
GaslightFan
moosicmaniac
AngryRyan
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
The_River
B701
big blue
enola
rem999
TGAFAN25
njguy99
turnitin2004
flannel
bt211
Rizz
macci
miked331
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Might as well get this started.

There's a rumored show next week in NJ. Unlike the Varvatos show I do not have any inside info. I don't know where or when.

What I do know all comes from Rich Russo's twitter which you can check out. @djrichrusso

In short here's what he's hinted at.

It's next week
It's in NJ
It's not fanclub only (similar to JV show)
But it's more "organic" (unlike JV show)
It's likely to be announced Friday

I have a decent feeling of where it is but it's truly a guess so I'll keep it to myself right now.
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Yeah I was just going back and forth with him on Twitter.

Maybe Starland? Maybe an in-store??
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Starland is booked Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Doesn't look like anything is gong on at the Lanes for most of next week. Pony is also black on Monday and Tuesday. And Count Basie Monday through Wednesday. I have a feeling it's at the Basie with the prices he just listed.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 pm

I didn't think of the Basie but that could be it. I might as well say that my guess is vintage vinyl.

To me that would be similar to the the JV show in a way and I guess be more organic. Plus if it's the basie (which I hope it is) why wouldn't the fan club be involved.

Last edited by miked331 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Also I had asked him if it was the pony and he said no.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Thank you for sharing! I missed the fan club email by an hour today and by the time I was able to check again the list was closed. NJ next week would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 11:56 pm

this shit is so fucking stressful for people living in states bordering NY and NJ i stg
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:13 am

Are we sure the secret show is tuesday not friday? From DJ Russo:

Pretty cool announcement happening Friday! Hope your cars are gassed up and you’re not chained to a desk as you’ll need to act quickly!

If its friday not sure I can make it Sad Praying its tuesday.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:06 pm

He was pretty clear the show was next week. Tuesday is a guess because it's the release date.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Yes, that would definitely make the most sense. Handwritten release show was also tuesday I believe.

Just the way he phrased it,

"hope you're not chained to a desk and your car is gassed up friday"

If the show is tuesday then not sure what being chained to a desk or having your car gassed up for friday would matter.

Just me being super pessimistic knowing friday wouldnt work for me. Glad it sounds like its a tuesday. Thanks a bunch for the info.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:55 pm

I think they will announce the show on Friday around noon for Tuesday night with the only way to get tickets is at the venue in person. Just taking a wild guess.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Ah, thats very good speculation.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:02 pm

That's what it sounds to me as well based on the Twitter. Which is bad news for me living a few states away ... hoping perhaps for another fan club opportunity.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Vintage Vinyl is too small. The Lanes or Pony are a possibility. Something tells me not the Count Basie or the Paramount -- too many seats to fill.
What about the Wellmont? Not the greatest venue but big enough/intimate enough for a release show -- and it's dark next week too.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Wellmont is bigger than you think...assuming its the same place I'm thinking. That holds over 2k. Basie is smaller than that, no?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:18 pm

You're right.. the wellmont is bigger than I thought. But if you close off the balconies it's probably just a little more than the pony.

Count basie holds about 1500, but it's ticketed seats. To me at least that will be harder to fill on a tuesday night then a GA show in a big space. But I'm speculating like everyone else...
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:33 pm

That's true, probably easier to sell out a GA show than a seated show. Probably people who wont go to a seat show by themselves but would go to a GA show by themself.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Hmmm...there was a post that just said "insanely small" but it seemed to be posted and also deleted between the time i started writing and posted. So maybe it is vintage vinyl. id never be able to get there in time if it was that small.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Sorry for the triple post, but a strategy question:

I live in NYC, but my parents live in Jersey. I happen to be off from work tomorrow. Should I go back to Jersey tomorrow morning and await an announcement hopefully? Or stay in the city.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:21 pm

that's rough! people seem to think they'll be doing a Jersey show? but were all those places in the same area... idk. put all the potential venues people have mentioned on a map and see what looks best  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:04 am

Organic? Anyone mention the State Theater in New Brunswick!??  jocolor
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:14 am

Last night Brian said they're not playing anymore shows until their tour...

Who knows? If this is happening, maybe he couldn't say anything last night?
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:22 am

Hmm well that puts a slight damper in my day as I get set to take a bus back to NJ in case they do announce something. Could it be tickets for a New Years show or something? Or they overseas by then? Didn't look at their sked passed the 13th of Sep.
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:48 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Last night Brian said they're not playing anymore shows until their tour...

Who knows? If this is happening, maybe he couldn't say anything last night?

i don't remember him phrasing it like that... I think he said something alongthe lines of "this will be one of the last shows" before the tour

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next