DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]

Go down 
+27
lol_paul_ledoux
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
therainonthepavement
mja271
FrankieG
StitchesOnTheRadio
ivienco
BuddyHolly
cruzila
GaslightFan
moosicmaniac
AngryRyan
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
The_River
B701
big blue
enola
rem999
TGAFAN25
njguy99
turnitin2004
flannel
bt211
Rizz
macci
miked331
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:20 am

It's Vintage Vinyl store opens at 10
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:22 am

Here's the link to the event on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/937377249625256/

The Gaslight Anthem
Instore Performance & Signing
When: Saturday, August 16th, 1pm

The Gaslight Anthem will be performing and signing in celebration of the release of their new album and Vintage Vinyl's 35th Anniversary!

Come to the store RIGHT NOW (we open at 10am this morning) and pre-order The Gaslight Anthem's new album Get Hurt on Deluxe CD or Vinyl LP to get a ticket and wristband that will let you into the event.

Each pre-order includes one wristband and one ticket for the event. Each person attending the event will need to present BOTH their own ticket and their own wristband.

LIMIT TWO PER CUSTOMER--no individual will be permitted more than two tickets (one for you, one for a guest), no exceptions.

We will NOT be taking phone or online orders for this event under any circumstances; you MUST come place your order and collect your ticket and wristband IN PERSON.

For more details: http://vvinyl.com/s/august/

These pre-orders are NON-REFUNDABLE.
HURRY, THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT VERY QUICKLY!

Last edited by enola on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
B701
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:23 am

Vintage Vinyl, Saturday Aug 16 at 1pm (assuming it's the same rumored show mentioned in the thread starter). Tickets go on sale as of 10am today, you need to pre-order album from them to get the ticket and wristband for the show.

http://vvinyl.com/s/august/

It's on the Vintage Vinyl Facebook page as well.
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:23 am

Is the show today or do tickets become available today?
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

miked331 wrote:
It's Vintage Vinyl store opens at 10

Tix onsale at 10?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:24 am

big blue wrote:
Is the show today or do tickets become available today?

see 2 posts above Smile
I just copied the text from the fb page there ...
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:28 am

On a bus in traffic in NYC. Hope to get to the store by noon if I'm lucky. Think I still have a chance?

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 am

Seems like you have to pre-order the record in order to get in. I don't really think it's a good commercial move especially considering most fans in NJ have probably pre-ordered the record at some point but that's just my humble opinion, so whatever.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:56 am

The_River wrote:
Seems like you have to pre-order the record in order to get in. I don't really think it's a good commercial move especially considering most fans in NJ have probably pre-ordered the record at some point but that's just my humble opinion, so whatever.

Well it is a recordstore instore gig. I guess Vintage Vinyl wants people to buy the record there. Makes sense, no?
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:00 am

The_River wrote:

That's what Vintage Vinyl does. They give you something awesome and just ask that you buy an album from them in return. Just look at it as you're paying for the ticket and they throw in a free CD for you to get signed by the band. It's a pretty great deal, actually. I went when Rise Against released Siren Songs of the Counter Culture and when Alkaline Trio released Crimson. Both were a great time.
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:08 am

My kick-a$$ wife left Northern Jersey & should be there around 10:30 - hopefully, she gets there in time!!!
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 am

I get it, it's just that Varvatos didn't ask you to pre-order boots or clothes in order to get in. That's a promotional event, sort of a showcase, so the goal is so to have people coming more and more to your store, or just discover it, not to have people to own multiple copies of the new record.

But yes, "don't like it, don't buy it", as they say... I won't be there in any way, so nevermind my stupid opinion.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 am

it's practically a free gig - I'd rather buy another album and see this show than see the PNC show where tickets were $90 and I don't even like the other 2 bands playing.

this is a great deal it's nice to see them playing there again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:14 am

The are playing and signing? I don't mind paying for another copy!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:44 am

Got to vintage vinyl at 1030... no line and they have plenty of wristbands left. But hurry.. it only holds about 200 and they expect to be sold out by lunchtime.
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:21 pm

friend works 2 towns over, she was there at 11 and left 10 min later with two tickets.  woot woot!

Last edited by AngryRyan on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:27 pm

got there at 10:45, got 2 tickets without a problem.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm in as well!
Back to top Go down
GaslightFan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
GaslightFan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:57 pm

I haven't posted in a while but I've been reading the forum everyday.  I'll be at the in-store!  Super excited so had to jump on and post.   Smile
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks for all the info from everyone! Got my tix.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:07 pm

does anyone know if this is gonna be like a legit set list like the Varvatos show or just a few songs? i've only ever been to one in store and the band only played five songs, really hoping this isn't like that...
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:09 pm

I went to one event at VV in 2010 and the band did 8 songs in about an hour then signed. I felt like there was more than 200 people in there, too. But it's kind of hard to get a handle on that since everyone is standing in the aisles.
Back to top Go down
cruzila
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cruzila

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 pm

I've been to several in-store events at Vintage and the set lists vary.  I've seen a band do only 3 songs, but Frank Turner in 2013 did 5 or 6, Dave Hause in 2013 did about 8.  I think TGA did a few more than 10 back in 2008.

My guess is that they will do a fair amount of songs though.  No matter what, it'll be amazing!
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:40 am

I haven't seen this before, but just stumbled upon this video of their set in 2008. Maybe you've all seen it before but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post it anyway.

Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 10:29 am

The FAQ says they will play as long as they want. Which I assume means between and hour and an hour and a half max.

My guess is they only play new songs and play 10-12 of them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next