DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]

Go down 
+27
lol_paul_ledoux
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
therainonthepavement
mja271
FrankieG
StitchesOnTheRadio
ivienco
BuddyHolly
cruzila
GaslightFan
moosicmaniac
AngryRyan
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
The_River
B701
big blue
enola
rem999
TGAFAN25
njguy99
turnitin2004
flannel
bt211
Rizz
macci
miked331
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 11:07 am

I'd bet on about 8 new songs and 3-4 songs from their catalog.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 1:14 pm

And it's times like these i hate living in South America
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 1:18 pm

an hour is decent, hopefully they'll do at least that again then. can't wait till I live closer so I don't have to travel so much for shows.
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:00 am

how early is everyone going to lining up you think? I've never been to vintage vinyl. I just wanna make sure I have a decent view of the set.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:21 pm

AngryRyan wrote:
how early is everyone going to lining up you think? I've never been to vintage vinyl.  I just wanna make sure I have a decent view of the set.

It's a really small space. You should have no trouble seeing from pretty much anywhere in the store. That said, I plan to be there around noon, if nothing else to look through the used records.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:53 am

njguy99 wrote:
AngryRyan wrote:
how early is everyone going to lining up you think? I've never been to vintage vinyl.  I just wanna make sure I have a decent view of the set.

It's a really small space. You should have no trouble seeing from pretty much anywhere in the store. That said, I plan to be there around noon, if nothing else to look through the used records.

The guy I pre-ordered from said there will be people there pretty early, like probably a few right when they open but he also said you should have a good view from pretty much anywhere and I don't doubt it. And considering they don't play till 1, I don't imagine THAT many people will get there much before noon, but that's just a guess. I'll probably get there earlier than that just because I'm taking NJ Transit in and god only knows what kind of delays I may encounter  Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:50 pm

It appears as of now I'm gonna have an extra so if someone wants in lemme know. Will sell it for the 25$ face value.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:35 pm

Not worth getting there hours before to be honest. Unless you're getting there mega early you may as well just wait until 12:30 and get a spot hanging out in the back.

However, be warned that the stage is only about +8" off the floor so that doesn't do anything to help sight lines.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Heres an image of when they played there in 2008. Gives you a small idea as to the lay out I suppose.

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 27831511
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:20 am

Turnitin24, still available? I already have a ticket but my friend is looking. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 am

oh wow I thought maybe there was a separate space in the back, this is legit just in a corner of a record store lol
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:57 am

Well not a corner...its in the middle of the back of the record store (just one big room) this camera angle makes it look like a corner, but there is actually more room behind where the camera person taking this pic is standing.

Yup, still have the ticket, will respond to your PM.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Back to more positive news. I'm pretty pumped for tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:09 pm

I now have 2 extra tix for tomorrow. My brother and his wife can't make it (kids man)

$25 but no CDs and you would have to meet me there. Will be there by 12.

PM me
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Headed there now anyone on line?
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 6:18 pm

What an awesome show. The new stuff sounded amazing live.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Just a great day. Set was great. Got some nice old tunes. Nobody broke any displays during Great Expectations. Just a fun time.

All in all despite your opinion of yesterday just remember that as guys, these guys are the best. I think that is a major part of why we like this band.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Setlist?
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Stay Vicious
Wooderson
1000 Years
Get Hurt
Helter Skeleton
Señor and the Queen
Red Violins
Underneath the Ground
Rollin and Tumblin
Sweet Morphine
Great Expectations
Stray Paper
Dark Places

Last edited by miked331 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
therainonthepavement
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Someone please post about it in detail-- what was the crowd like? Did Brian tell any stories in between songs? Were there any technical difficulties that led to funny moments? Any moments that felt particularly special for you? How did the signing go for you after the show?

I really wish I could have been there, but mostly I'm psyched for those of you who got to go. The performance there in 08 was one of the best experiences of my life and I hope this one was just as amazing for you guys.
Back to top Go down
GaslightFan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
GaslightFan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:43 pm

The show was great! New songs sounded incredible- especially Helter Skeleton, Stray Paper, and Dark Places. To add to the setlist above- they also played Stray Paper (my favorite!). There was some funny banter about a Boyz II Men concert that some of the guys went to tonight- Alex L. posted about it on Instagram. There was another funny moment where Brian was talking about the Grammy awards... someone in the crowd shouted that Bob Dylan has only 1 Grammy award... Brian thought that was crazy. He said something along the lines of the Grammys are so bizarre that Gaslight might get one someday. He jokingly said he'd make an ungrateful acceptance speech and dis the Grammys but then said something like "actually no... that'd be awesome... I'd gladly take that award home and then tell y'all all about it."

Crowd was pretty great... very respectful. The event seemed well-organized. The signing part was cool- the guys are so incredibly nice, especially Benny! Overall a great time. Still holding out hope they will add an NYC date to the tour. Someone asked during the meet and greet and I think Brian said they were "working on it."  Cool 
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:11 am

Did anyone mention the pre show package controversy to the guys during the signing part of the event? I meant to mention it to Brian but totally forgot of course. Wanted to apologize on behalf of the fans that it came off looking so bad.

Curious if anyone said anything to him and what he said about it if anything.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:30 am

I edited the setlist above forgot about Stray Paper (no idea how because it was great) and had Sweet Morphine out of place
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:55 am

That in store was so awesome. The guys in the band are so down to earth. I posted a bunch of videos on Instagram last night.

IG tag is RyPoli

Take a look if you wanna hear the new songs. Once I get more time I'll upload em to YouTube.

One funny moment is when Alex went to sign my poster and I asked him to use the silver marker and then he still used a black one. He took the silver marker and wrote "sorry!" Just kinda makes my poster even cooler lol awesome talking to all the fans. Met some people from this board but didn't get any named.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:29 pm

AngryRyan wrote:
That in store was so awesome. The guys in the band are so down to earth. I posted a bunch of videos on Instagram last night.

IG tag is RyPoli

Take a look if you wanna hear the new songs. Once I get more time I'll upload em to YouTube.

One funny moment is when Alex went to sign my poster and I asked him to use the silver marker and then he still used a black one. He took the silver marker and wrote "sorry!"  Just kinda makes my poster even cooler lol awesome talking to all the fans. Met some people from this board but didn't get any named.

Thanks for posting them up on instagram! Everything sounds good from those snippets. I think Brian + Alex L. on the chorus of 1,000 Years sounded great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next