DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12

Go down 
+5
bt211
Jack
SirBrad
StitchesOnTheRadio
miked331
9 posters
AuthorMessage
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Empty
PostSubject: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:12 am

Brian is doing a set at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 day of Starland show

Fords, NJ for those that don't know
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:58 am

Hmm. I'm debating doing this but I feel like it might be kinda like going to the same show twice in one day?

Thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:03 pm

it's an acoustic set and it'll probably only be about 45-60 minutes so it won't be entirely the same.

but it might make for too much for one day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:45 pm

SirBrad wrote:
it's an acoustic set and it'll probably only be about 45-60 minutes so it won't be entirely the same.

but it might make for too much for one day.  

That's honestly what I'm thinking. I mean he doesn't necessarily have enough songs to do two different sets even if he wanted to, haha. So I'm likely going to pass. I don't know if Starland is sold out yet but if it is, hopefully those who missed out can go to this.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:15 pm

I'ma be there. Come say hi if any of y'all decide to show up. I'll be the tall blonde guy in the denim jacket.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Thank you miked331 for letting us know about the in-store. I am excited. I was undecided if I should make the trip just for the Starland show but now with two good reasons I am persuaded Very Happy.
Also, in case anyone else is wondering, the store is going to ship the wristbands by mail over the next few days.
Back to top Go down
danastacy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
danastacy

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 4:21 am

Does anyone know the likelihood that they will allow him to sign things in addition to the album? I know not all in-stores work the same way. I wanted to bring a poster as well.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.instagram.com/dana_s____/
jbdecapua
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:27 pm

At his in-store record release in Philly a few days ago, I got Elsie and my This Charming Man records signed and he didn't care at all. He was actually happy to sign something besides Painkillers and talk about them with me!

For the Get Hurt record release at Vintage Vinyl, they were extremely strict about only allowing for 1 thing to get signed, so I think it depends on how busy it is and if they're in a rush or not.
Back to top Go down
danastacy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
danastacy

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 3:43 pm

^ Thanks! I'll bring it anyway. It won't be the first time I've lugged it around hoping to catch him, lol (including the time I met him but froze like an idiot.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.instagram.com/dana_s____/
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 11:08 am

Who went? how was it? what did he play?
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:04 pm

miked331 wrote:
Who went? how was it? what did he play?

It was really good...

He only played 4 maybe 5 songs. Talked a ton. Didnt take detailed notes on what he played but I remember for sure he played Wonderful Life, Steve McQueen, and Nobody Wins. I know for sure he played 1 more, maybe 2 but dont remember which.

The signing was awesome. He was taking pictures with everyone, got to talk to him for a minute or so. Took a long time in line waiting, but you cant complain when hes actually engaging with people. Many artists would just sign something and have you move along, but he actually seems genuinely happy that people are there and want to see him.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:12 pm

Only three songs: Wonderful Life (with harmonica), Nobody Wins, and Steve McQueen.

Highlight was my daughters getting to meet Brian. He was really great with them.

Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 2s5zalt
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Ha that's awesome! Couldn't believe how well your kids handled the show and waiting for 2 hours afterwards. Even I was starting to get antsy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12   Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallon at Vintage Vinyl 3/12
Page 1 of 1