DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]

Go down 
+27
lol_paul_ledoux
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
therainonthepavement
mja271
FrankieG
StitchesOnTheRadio
ivienco
BuddyHolly
cruzila
GaslightFan
moosicmaniac
AngryRyan
SirBrad
pleasepassthesoup
The_River
B701
big blue
enola
rem999
TGAFAN25
njguy99
turnitin2004
flannel
bt211
Rizz
macci
miked331
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 3:48 pm

did anyone record this?
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:22 pm

lol_paul_ledoux wrote:
did anyone record this?

This is from Vintage Vinyl about the details of the event - keeping fingers crossed they'll have the same type of video they had for the 59 Sound in store

"Can I take pictures or video during the performance?
The band may request that you not photograph or record the show. We'll be taking plenty of quality photos and video for our website."
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I uploaded two songs I recorded. Listen with headphones for the best quality.

Red Violins
https://youtu.be/-eC4Ex_hOek

Dark Places

1,000 Years

Uploading a few more right now.

Last edited by AngryRyan on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Anyone got full vids of Stay Vicious and Helter Skeleton? Dying to see how those two translate live.
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:12 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Anyone got full vids of Stay Vicious and Helter Skeleton? Dying to see how those two translate live.

here's a minute of Stay Vicious

Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:46 pm

There was a guy from VV right in front taping the entire thing.

They will post it eventually
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Finally got a chance to post. Show was awesome as others said. The guys were very nice during the signing too. They even signed my 45 club membership card...

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 10617096_979050372120745_76491161_n
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Pics

http://www.vvinyl.com/instore/gaslight_anthem_3rd
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Yes, they are all incredibly down to Earth - and patient. They honoured the commitment to sign for everyone (~200 people), which I think speaks volumes to who they are and how they treat their fans. Not all bands honour that commitment at in-stores.

Despite these facts, I was a little overwhelmed and therefore kind of shy when meeting all of them at once, even briefly, and it happens with people I really admire. I was able to give Brian a small piece of art I made for him and Benny gave me a hug when I asked. That really meant a great deal given some personal circumstances I've been dealing with as of late.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 2:22 pm

PS/ Having been lucky enough to hear some of the new songs twice now, I must say Stray Paper and Helter Skeleton are my favourites; but 1,000 Years and Sweet Morphine have their own great moments too. I really, really love this record.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:48 pm

miked331 wrote:
Pics

http://www.vvinyl.com/instore/gaslight_anthem_3rd

amazing pictures!!! thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 12:07 am

Awesome show. They really enjoy playing the new songs, and it shows. There was great banter about sausage and pepper sandwiches and the Grammies. You will have to just watch youtube videos to hear it. I had a great spot just getting lucky the way everyone walked in. Very cool when they were signing, and talked to us all individually even if it was only for a couple seconds.

Not my video but found online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDysReR8s4
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:10 am

anyone know why Ian wasn't signing at Vintage Vinyl?
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:45 am

AngryRyan wrote:
anyone know why Ian wasn't signing at Vintage Vinyl?

not to sound like a complete d--k, but I really wouldn't want a touring/studio member signing my album.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Enjoy people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shnA4vbB2Kc&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:46 pm

miked331 wrote:
Enjoy people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shnA4vbB2Kc&feature=youtu.be

Ahhh, reliving this is great.  cheers 

Holy unnecessary zoom...
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:25 am

LMBO all benny wants is a sausage with peppers and onions.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but gotta say: that chorus of 1,000 Years is working for me way better in this video than on the album.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:48 pm

jzancan wrote:
Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but gotta say: that chorus of 1,000 Years is working for me way better in this video than on the album.

Agreed. The grit on his voice in that second chorus is outstanding.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]   Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Vinyl instore, Aug 16 [was: Rumor: NJ album release show (week of album release)]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4