DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Scandals/ Jared Hart

Go down 
+19
ifieverstray
cowgirlwiththeblues
shiftynj
Jaws
luckyman
Jerseyrain
Asmith1912
sickgirlesther
sinkorswimmydear
Anya_TGA
LaVidaLoca
LizCollinsNY
pleasepassthesoup
AngryRyan
jensomniac
StitchesOnTheRadio
colmillionaire
Debonair
flannel
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Empty
PostSubject: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:42 pm

sorry if this thread already exists, but the search didn't bring it up...

someone talk about The Scandals/ J Hart with me please. Every time I see him acoustic I love him more, and I'm going to my first Scandals show since actually liking them (I saw them open for Gaslight at Irving last summer but I wasn't properly into them at that point) next weekend and I'm super pumped.

but seriously, I feel like he's really got something. I don't actually know enough about the band to know if Jared's the only songwriter or not, and I've only met one of the other guys, but I'm sure they're all great.

Andrew (Debonair) and I can't be the only big fans out here!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 pm

cheers he's seriously the chilliest, nicest, guy! I've been listening to my boot from bell house like crazy Razz

I'm jealous you get to see them Sad I need to get to one!!!
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm

yeah I'm so excited we have that. Untitled #1 4 lyfe. thanks again Smile
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:27 am

I saw them play at my friends house last year. It was awesome. Super talented.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:05 am

flannel wrote:
yeah I'm so excited we have that. Untitled #1 4 lyfe. thanks again Smile

Jared seriously needs to get us a proper recording of that! High Five

Haha! No prob! I knew out of everyone at least you'd like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:21 am

I will learn to appreciate him/them more very soon, I swear!
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:08 pm

flannel wrote:

someone talk about The Scandals/ J Hart with me please.  Every time I see him acoustic I love him more

Right there with ya on the acoustic love.  Have only seen him at the two Crossroads shows and was absolutely mesmerized by his voice. Have been reticent to listen to the band 'plugged in' because I know how I get when I really like something the way I've originally heard it.  Neutral 

Have a great time & let us know your thoughts on the show!
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:15 pm

jensomniac wrote:
flannel wrote:

someone talk about The Scandals/ J Hart with me please.  Every time I see him acoustic I love him more

Right there with ya on the acoustic love.  Have only seen him at the two Crossroads shows and was absolutely mesmerized by his voice. Have been reticent to listen to the band 'plugged in' because I know how I get when I really like something the way I've originally heard it.  Neutral 

Have a great time & let us know your thoughts on the show!

Yessss. The first Crossroads show was where I was immediately like "goddamn, what have I been missing??"
One of my fave Scandals songs is "Jersey Sweep," which I've never heard him play life, check that out! http://thescandals201.bandcamp.com/

Also, if you haven't heard the Red Bull split he did w BFals last summer for the SOund Select show, make sure to find that! I hope someday to have good recordings of a lot more of his acoustic stuff
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Thank you so much, I will check both of those out! Swear while chatting at the merch table at Crossroads 2 Jared said he had laid the acoustic tracks down for an eventual release (this summer??). I would listen on repeat for days!
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm

He definitely talked about it! I think he said he was doing some sort of split with an "unexpected" person or band but I haven't heard anything recently.

okay I'm an idiot and I don't know how to make a proper hyperlink but
http://instagram.com/p/lMTqgxAd-8/?modal=true
instagram proof that it's real
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:23 pm

and here are the sound select songs from last summer

https://soundcloud.com/redbullsoundselect/jared-hart-performs-all-nighters

https://soundcloud.com/redbullsoundselect/jared-hart-performs-sirens
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:05 pm

You are awesome and I am a lazy POS. Thank you times a million for the links.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 5:04 pm

hahaha you are so welcome Very Happy here for all your Jared Hart needs
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Went to HS with Jared, the entire band are really nice dudes. Take lots of time with fans after shows, and the shows themselves are nothing but energy. Good band.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 10:56 pm

time to bump this cause helloooooo, so excited for their new ep (produced by Brian w much advertising by Red Bull or w.e) and psyched for the tour
(although I think Northcote/The Scandals is a REALLY WEIRD duo of openers, I love them both so much)
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Definitely looking forward to seeing Jared at Crossroads again and for me, first time fully plugged in with the band in Feb/March.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:56 am

Hope I'm not the only one who loooooooved JHart and TGunn's cover of "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. They did it again at the Court Tavern the following Saturday, catch some of it here
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Yaaassss! Thanks for posting this.

I really, really liked Jared at Crossroads in February and must say, if somehow possible, he was even better last week. His voice is so emotive, so unique - I could honestly listen to it all day. It's also very clear he loves playing, which I dig artists who are outwardly happy to do what they do.

He said he's working on a full length of the acoustic stuff - I would kill for that to happen. But given the recently finished Scandals EP and that band touring early next year, I'd say it's quite some time away from fruition. Suggested he just issue a board record from one of the Crossroads shows...he just laughed at me. Seriously though - an unofficial official bootleg. Jus' sayin'.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 2:54 pm

there may be bootlegs but people have to be willing to share them...

but yeah i love him 4evr and i agree w his voice! i heard someone said in another thread that they didn't like his "fake" voice and i've seen people say that before and it bothers me because i don't think he's putting it on AT ALL, that's just how he sings and it's not for everyone but he doesn't need to change a THING

i think 2015 could be a very big year for The Scandals and i'm so excited Smile
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 7:00 pm

flannel wrote:

but yeah i love him 4evr and i agree w his voice! i heard someone said in another thread that they didn't like his "fake" voice and i've seen people say that before and it bothers me because i don't think he's putting it on AT ALL, that's just how he sings and it's not for everyone but he doesn't need to change a THING

Stupid people Sad
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:33 am

it's fine, he is much appreciated by those who are worthy to love him I love you
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 1:26 am

flannel wrote:

You "agree" with his voice? scratch Is that a weird way of saying you like his voice? Because then I "agree" with his voice too. I think it does take some adjusting to though for some people. For me it took till about the 3rd time I heard him live. Now I love it!

And I don't get the fake voice nonsense either. That's called putting some passion into your voice, people! Wink
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:17 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I "agree" with his voice too. I think it does take some adjusting to though for some people. For me it took till about the 3rd time I heard him live. Now I love it!

Yeah, this I totally get. His voice is very distinct in tone and style, like Waits, Petty, Dylan, etc. People will either [grow to] like it or they won't, depending on sheer personal taste.  

How is it different (or not) when he performs plugged in with The Scandals? I would think the subjectivity around the appeal of his voice is more blatant when unplugged.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 7:09 pm

flannel wrote:

Obviously whether or not people like his voice is subjective (I happen to like it for the Scandals, but am less into it when he goes acoustic), but it's definitely an affectation. Don't think I'd use the word "fake", but it's not his natural voice. It's an artistic/stylistic choice.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:50 am

@Jen, I would say it's just... more when w The Scandals. also he kind of goes in and out of the growl in acoustic sets, and I don't think he does that full band. tbh tho I am always too busy shouting along to listen >_>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    The Scandals/ Jared Hart  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scandals/ Jared Hart
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next