DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+54
HorribleCrowe
maybemarie
Tiffany
Hombie
NotLikeWeBleed
BossTime
redskynight
redheadchick
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Smasha13
Rose1991
TooMuchGaslight
michaelphillips
eagles1139
cdala
pleasepassthesoup
katechampagne
Yozzy
MoonlightLady11
bringiton_ty
The Angry Johnny Revue
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Casey
loazis
jonnyz83
The_River
Doozey
Labhras
brianisbae
thomas94
StitchesOnTheRadio
rumham
Christophe
Paddy
Aregular_89
Debonair
brunswick18
mwh
TGAFAN25
Bobul
HolyBreakOfDay
flannel
DeathoftheCool
Hanswurst
zerb012345
steph
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jack
NeverTrustAJunkie
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
Harbortown
JimmyB
Anya_TGA
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:16 am

Harbortown wrote:
Heey handsome, how are you?
Just graduated. Have no idea what to do, no idea how to make any money, no self-confidence. Thinking that I'm not fit for Western society, it all seems way too complex right now. Contemplating going to a therapist, maybe live in a cave somewhere on my own. The usual stuff. I'm staying the fuck away from model trains though. I'll become a druggie before any of that.  Wink 

Sup with you?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:58 am

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
At least I have some talent at doing model railroad stuff and guitar stuff.
What's this got to do with anything?

Also what rumham said.
It makes me feel as though I have some purpose in life. Instead of being constantly disappointed and useless. I already gave up on finding some romance, so why not fill the void with my hobbies?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:22 am

JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
At least I have some talent at doing model railroad stuff and guitar stuff.
What's this got to do with anything?

Also what rumham said.
It makes me feel as though I have some purpose in life.  Instead of being constantly disappointed and useless. I already gave up on finding some romance, so why not fill the void with my hobbies?
Yeah but what has that got to do with losing faith in your generation?

It felt as though you were saying you're slightly better than the rest of your generation because you've got model railroads and guitar playing as hobbies, but I probably misread that.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:39 am

Jimmy, my best friend and I have no common hobbies or music taste. She just saw One Direction live the other day, yet we're still pretty damn close. My point is, I don't think there's anything wrong with her, and no reason to lose faith in anything. My other point is, just be open minded. You never know who will end up being a friend. Years ago we would try and avoid each other, yet now it's the exact opposite. Keep looking.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:36 am

JimmyB wrote:
It makes me feel as though I have some purpose in life.  Instead of being constantly disappointed and useless. I already gave up on finding some romance, so why not fill the void with my hobbies?

It's only your life. It's up to you to make it good or bad. So if you're not pleased with anything it's up to you to change it. I have no clue what you're waiting for, but no one beside yourself can make your life better. No pills, no love, nor anybody can do it for you.

On the other hand you should learn to let it go and not giving a fuck about most things in life. Life sucks? So be it.

The only good thing is that you have hobbies, and if you want to make friends, find love, share stuff with other people, then keep on being active and sharing your hobbies with people. You like music? Then start a band... Life is short, but it can be really long if you're not doing a thing with it. So, go ahead and do things.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:49 am

loazis wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Heey handsome, how are you?
Just graduated. Have no idea what to do, no idea how to make any money, no self-confidence. Thinking that I'm not fit for Western society, it all seems way too complex right now. Contemplating going to a therapist, maybe live in a cave somewhere on my own. The usual stuff. I'm staying the fuck away from model trains though. I'll become a druggie before any of that.  Wink 

Sup with you?
Oh man, what degree did you get?

I'm not doing much, just looking forward to going to the US in two weeks. Retardedly enough I've been eating a ton of junk food which is the exact opposite of what I should be doing to prepare for such a trip.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:51 pm

What would you do when your friends dealing with severe, severe depression? What is there to say? I've never been so worried about her and don't know the words.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
What would you do when your friends dealing with severe, severe depression? What is there to say? I've never been so worried about her and don't know the words.
Don't tell her to "get over it". Be there for her, and tell her that youwill be there to talk,and if you feel miserable at any time, call you
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:03 pm

JimmyB wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
Don't tell her to "get over it".  Be there for her, and tell her that youwill be there to talk,and if you feel miserable at any time, call you
Never has it once crossed my mind to say that to her. I always tell her I'm here and she can call at anytime. She just says nothing will help.

I'm legitimately scared.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:18 am

Mike_Millburys_Shoe wrote:
Casey wrote:
Basically pumping my own tires...

Well well well, Mr. Canucks Fan. I have been waiting for the right moment to make my presence known to you. Now seems as good a time as ever.  Twisted Evil

Hahaha, well fuck!
On a side note, that quote was taken out of context by the media entirely. The media totally made Luongo look like an asshole, and anyone that follows him knows he's a light hearted and funny guy. They cut out the beginning of his quote, where he sheds light on how him and Thomas play different styles and how he plays farther in the crease and Thomas plays aggressively, so they both have different strengths/weaknesses and can make different types of saves. Yet they only included the "I could have made that save" quote to paint him out as a villain. The tire pumping quote was pretty dumb though, and a couple summers later Luongo's tires were stolen off his SUV in Florida haha!

On the positive side, Boston has overtaken Vancouver as the most hated team in the league now.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:34 am

Casey wrote:
Mike_Millburys_Shoe wrote:
Casey wrote:
Basically pumping my own tires...

Well well well, Mr. Canucks Fan. I have been waiting for the right moment to make my presence known to you. Now seems as good a time as ever.  Twisted Evil

Hahaha, well fuck!
On a side note, that quote was taken out of context by the media entirely. The media totally made Luongo look like an asshole, and anyone that follows him knows he's a light hearted and funny guy. They cut out the beginning of his quote, where he sheds light on how him and Thomas play different styles and how he plays farther in the crease and Thomas plays aggressively, so they both have different strengths/weaknesses and can make different types of saves. Yet they only included the "I could have made that save" quote to paint him out as a villain. The tire pumping quote was pretty dumb though, and a couple summers later Luongo's tires were stolen off his SUV in Florida haha!

On the positive side, Boston has overtaken Vancouver as the most hated team in the league now.

Oh, dude, I LOVE Luongo. It is actually crazy how unhappy/indifferent I have become and now feel towards Timmy after his whole falling out in Boston, versus how great of a guy Luongo has proven to be in recent years. I'll always be grateful to Timmy for 2011, but events since then have tarnished his rep in my eyes. Oh well.

Luongo's twitter is incredible, as is everything that he has done on TSN and such. Hilarious. Seems like a wicked cool guy. I only wish Timmy stuck around in Florida when Lu got traded there so they could've been teammates. I would watch that as a sitcom.

I don't know how I feel about Boston being so hated in the league. I guess it's a compliment since we have such a solid team. Not being liked is never fun though. Tough times to be a Bruins fan on reddit.com/r/hockey haha
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:53 am

I think it's a combination of being really good, and having Lucic and Marchand on the team. No one outside of Bruins fans likes those players :p
The only thing I'm grateful of Boston for is being cool with letting Benning go to become our GM.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:35 am

zerb012345 wrote:
I would suggest googling around for advice on this.

There's plenty of wise people on this forum but most of them probably aren't very Active. Perhaps you can find some kind of support forum.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:51 am

The_River wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

It's only your life. It's up to you to make it good or bad. So if you're not pleased with anything it's up to you to change it. I have no clue what you're waiting for, but no one beside yourself can make your life better. No pills, no love, nor anybody can do it for you.

On the other hand you should learn to let it go and not giving a fuck about most things in life. Life sucks? So be it.

The only good thing is that you have hobbies, and if you want to make friends, find love, share stuff with other people, then keep on being active and sharing your hobbies with people. You like music? Then start a band... Life is short, but it can be really long if you're not doing a thing with it. So, go ahead and do things.
I've tried starting a band several times...they always break up. Also, no one is interested in my hobbies.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:52 am

maybe because your hobby is model trains
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Harbortown wrote:
And what is wrong with model trains?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:35 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Your hobby might as well be ants or goldfish. People in general just won't find it very interesting.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with that being your hobby, the problem is when you let your hobby define yourself. You have to be your own person without having to lean on a hobby in order to have a character/personality.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Your hobby might as well be ants or goldfish. People in general just won't find it very interesting.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with that being your hobby, the problem is when you let your hobby define yourself. You have to be your own person without having to lean on a hobby in order to have a character/personality.
I've got a personality outside of my hobby.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I've tried starting a band several times...they always break up.  Also, no one is interested in my hobbies.

How comes nobody is into guitars, seriously?

Also, start another band.

Smile and be nice to people.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:26 pm

The_River wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I've tried starting a band several times...they always break up.  Also, no one is interested in my hobbies.

How comes nobody is into guitars, seriously?

Also, start another band.

Smile and be nice to people.
Guitar players are a dime a dozen pretty much sadly. No one wants a harmonica player, and my vocals are only goodfor backup singing. I do smile, and I am nice to people. haven't you seen my photo? I do smile.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 6:29 am

Got into my first choice University...so relieved right now  Smile
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:08 am

JimmyB wrote:

Guitar players are a dime a dozen pretty much sadly.  No one wants a harmonica player, and my vocals are only goodfor backup singing.  I do smile, and I am nice to people. haven't you seen my photo? I do smile.

If you're trying to jam with people who don't want a harmonica player then you aren't jamming with the right people
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:54 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
Don't tell her to "get over it".  Be there for her, and tell her that youwill be there to talk,and if you feel miserable at any time, call you
Never has it once crossed my mind to say that to her. I always tell her I'm here and she can call at anytime. She just says nothing will help.

I'm legitimately scared.

If she says nothing will help she needs to get someone to talk to. Otherwise she may need to get a psychiatrist and start medication or even check into a facility. That stuff is nothing to mess around with. It's serious and you're always better safe than sorry, trust me.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Spam - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:59 am

New ink! Smile
Spam - Page 11 Tatt10
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns