DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22

Go down 
+60
biggs
Keele
dustinpardue
Hasler09
PC89
Tincan Sailor
nivek87
1930_GA
poormrpitiful
Franco3088
Marcooney
33RPMHero
Behold The Username
rgillies
Jack
henn
The Angry Johnny Revue
ral
big blue
jzancan
matkins
scarsrsouvenirs
Asmith1912
bigbug
brunswick18
lo
enola
eagles1139
Hanswurst
mingus
prettyontheinsidex
LiveFastDieOld
Roe
Christophe
FrankieG
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jaws
Anya_TGA
built2last25
Coltrane
jensomniac
NoSurrender
DeathoftheCool
NeverTrustAJunkie
zerb012345
Rizz
Rogicon
rumham
reitzel6570
njguy99
BossTime
BKO5950505
turnitin2004
flannel
Bobul
StitchesOnTheRadio
ManasquanMike
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:04 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I still bought a ticket though just in case it snows and we can't make the drive.

I just said screw it and did the same. Trying to re-arrange other plans...
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:44 am

"To those of us still left"...who the heck left early? Haha. Just got my ticket. Shocked they werent sold out already. Glad I checked the site today...didnt get an email saying there had been another post in this chain. Wouldnt have been pleased.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 1:10 am

well by still left I mean still there at like 1:30 am as opposed to having left when the show was over haha
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 10:12 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
BossTime wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
Darnit... I hate that I already have something going on that night.

I hear ya. I'm telling myself to be glad I saw the first show and that the second one will be pretty much the same (whatever, I still want to go).

You might as well just go and skip whatever else is going on that night...how could it be better?

I'm taking my daughters to visit family down in Maryland so I'd feel pretty lousy about canceling for a show (especially since I already went last Saturday). If I had less important plans, I'd totally consider canceling . . . but not at the expense of family. I still bought a ticket though just in case it snows and we can't make the drive.

Salud. I'd say family is a pretty damn good reason to miss it.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 pm

flannel wrote:
well by still left I mean still there at like 1:30 am as opposed to having left when the show was over haha

Oh, haha that makes more sense. Was it worth hanging around after the show? What was the scene like. Have never been. Seems like an interesting place to see a show.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Quote :
Please note:

Brian Fallon of the Gaslight Anthem
Crossroads
Saturday, February 22, 2014

is a 21 and over show.

If you are not over 21 years of age, you may request a refund up until the day of the show by contacting Ticketfly Customer Support. Please include the name of the event and your confirmation number in all correspondences.

Thank you!

- Ticketfly Customer Support
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 3:46 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
Oh, haha that makes more sense. Was it worth hanging around after the show? What was the scene like. Have never been. Seems like an interesting place to see a show.

depends on what you think is worth it haha. in general, I always like to hang around if I'm at all interested in meeting band members, cause there's usually cool people around to make friends with. also the other guys were out, so I talked to Brian McGee and Jared. probs shoulda talked to T. Gunn too, but I think I remember him being w his girlfriend (I assume) a lot. my friend and I talked to him a bit before and he was really sweet. oh also there was a tiny merch area.
it is a really cool venue cause it's so tiny. they move all the chairs and tables for the show but put them back after, and it is a bar so you can keep drinking till last call, so it's not like you just have to lurk awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:48 pm

flannel wrote:

turnitin2004 wrote:

depends on what you think is worth it haha.  in general, I always like to hang around if I'm at all interested in meeting band members, cause there's usually cool people around to make friends with.  also the other guys were out, so I talked to Brian McGee and Jared.  probs shoulda talked to T. Gunn too, but I think I remember him being w his girlfriend (I assume) a lot. my friend and I talked to him a bit before and he was really sweet. oh also there was a tiny merch area.
it is a really cool venue cause it's so tiny. they move all the chairs and tables for the show but put them back after, and it is a bar so you can keep drinking till last call, so it's not like you just have to lurk awkwardly.

Thats really cool...I don't tend to hang around much cause if I go with friends they all want to leave. I didnt know band members would come out into crowds much after shows. I figured they had their own exit and they were gone. Yeah itd be cool to get a picture with Brian.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Looks like it sold out again!

They seem to be being quieter about this show. Crossroads, to my knowledge, never really put out an official post about this show. Not that they needed to I guess  Razz since it sold out - but still it seems like you needed to "know" about this show.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:00 am

turnitin2004 wrote:
flannel wrote:

turnitin2004 wrote:

depends on what you think is worth it haha.  in general, I always like to hang around if I'm at all interested in meeting band members, cause there's usually cool people around to make friends with.  also the other guys were out, so I talked to Brian McGee and Jared.  probs shoulda talked to T. Gunn too, but I think I remember him being w his girlfriend (I assume) a lot. my friend and I talked to him a bit before and he was really sweet. oh also there was a tiny merch area.

Thats really cool...I don't tend to hang around much cause if I go with friends they all want to leave.  I didnt know band members would come out into crowds much after shows.  I figured they had their own exit and they were gone.  Yeah itd be cool to get a picture with Brian.

I think you'd be surprised how often band members will come out. That said, it's often not all of them, many times no one comes out, and you could end up waiting only ten minutes or up to two hours. It's a gamble but if you can spare the time it's worth it just to talk to a lot of cool people (band members or not).

Keep in mind, they don't usually come out into like the pit. I think during the winter you may be more likely to see them at the merch table or something just because it's cold outside (Dave Hause does this a lot), but if it's the summer or it's a bigger venue (500+ people) your best bet is probably to wait near the bus/van, etc. (just not creepily close).
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:58 am

Debonair wrote:

They seem to be being quieter about this show. Crossroads, to my knowledge, never really put out an official post about this show. Not that they needed to I guess  Razz since it sold out - but still it seems like you needed to "know" about this show.

I'm sure they knew this would sell out and that advertising wasn't needed. Brian could probably do this once a month and have no problem getting 200 people in the room.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 3:36 am

Bobul wrote:
Debonair wrote:

I'm sure they knew this would sell out and that advertising wasn't needed. Brian could probably do this once a month and have no problem getting 200 people in the room.

Oh with out a doubt he could. It was more just odd(?) to me that they would advertise one show but not the next. I guess they realized after the first one there was no real need since - yes it would sell out. Idk.

It also kinda stinks for those not so "die hard" casual fans out there. The ones who still love the band but don't stalk every form of fan "news" outlets out there. (This forum, andy diamond page. Etc.) There would really be no way for them to know about this then. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, more tickets for us Razz but still.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 4:14 am

Debonair wrote:
Bobul wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Oh with out a doubt he could. It was more just odd(?) to me that they would advertise one show but not the next. I guess they realized after the first one there was no real need since - yes it would sell out. Idk.

It also kinda stinks for those not so "die hard" casual fans out there. The ones who still love the band but don't stalk every form of fan "news" outlets out there. (This forum, andy diamond page. Etc.) There would really be no way for them to know about this then. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, more tickets for us :Pbut still.

It sucks for some diehards too! I was a diehard fan for about a year and a half before I found this site, and even then it took me awhile to realize that I needed to keep tabs on places like this if I wanted to know when things were happening. But you're right, it's not a bad thing once you're in the know Wink
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:45 pm

I got a Gaslight tattoo over two years ago so I'd say I've been at "diehard" level for awhile but I only knew about the first one bc she^ told me.

also though, the other guys were all advertising this show on their social media (although not very far in advance, if in advance at all).

I think that they play Crossroads a lot, and I got the impression that it has a decent regular clientele, so maybe that's another reason why.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 3:37 pm

So it does look like this is going to be exactly like the first night.

Quote :
cat_popper
Sitting in with B Fallon for this show. he's gonna play some Gaslight tunes and then me and @brianmcgeemusic are gonna sit in and play some tunes from Grease II
http://instagram.com/p/kr3Z5ClmsN/
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Unexpectedly in Jersey for the weekend, kind of a long shot here, but does anyone have an extra ticket by chance?
Back to top Go down
Rogicon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:26 pm

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/490901/tfly

There are tickets available on ticketfly.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:44 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:33 am

Debonair wrote:

Quote :
cat_popper
Sitting in with B Fallon for this show. he's gonna play some Gaslight tunes and then me and @brianmcgeemusic are gonna sit in and play some tunes from Grease II

Grease II? I dont get it.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:56 am

turnitin2004 wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Quote :
cat_popper

Grease II? I dont get it.

Umm... methinks it's a joke...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/grease_2/
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 am

Ah, well that would make sense. I don't know anything about Cat, sounds liek she has a sense of humor.

Anyone have a timeline for the first night? Looks like the show starts at 8, but thats about all the site says. I think I'll get there for dinner and get a table with my friend but dont want to hold a table all night and prevent others from eating. can i still get a table at 8 or do i have to get there at 7 and stay there till like 11?
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:24 pm

There weren't any tables at the first show. I think you might be able to order food at the bar, but considering the place is maxed out capacity wise, I wouldn't try to order food when everyone is trying to get drinks.  If you get there at 7 go ahead, but 8 o'clock then no way.  Brian took the stage around 1045 so plan accordingly.

Last edited by rumham on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:00 pm

I hope the times are around the same. I have to work and won't be able to get up there until around 11 which is when he took the stage last time.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:30 pm

rumham wrote:
There weren't any tables at the first show. I think you might be able to order food at the bar, but considering the place is maxed out capacity wise, I wouldn't try to order food when everyone is trying to get drinks.  If you get there at 7 go ahead, but 8 o'clock then no way.  Brian took the stage around 1045 so plan accordingly.

Oh yeah, my idea was to be there by 630, have dinner, and then await the show. I was just wondering if the tables were "in the pit" so to speak, and then they move them to start the show, or if there were some tables where you could still see the stage from and they didnt get moved and you sat and watched the show from the tables. I don't care one way or the other as long as Im not hungry haha.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:13 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
rumham wrote:

Oh yeah, my idea was to be there by 630, have dinner, and then await the show.  I was just wondering if the tables were "in the pit" so to speak, and then they move them to start the show, or if there were some tables where you could still see the stage from and they didnt get moved and you sat and watched the show from the tables.  I don't care one way or the other as long as Im not hungry haha.

Nope, no tables on the floor at any point. I think there might have been a few in the bar? I didn't really look. I ordered food and then ate it picnic style in front of the stage. But the bar area would be the only potential seating and someone correct me if I'm wrong but it didn't seem like you could see the stage very well from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next