DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)

Go down 
+28
ManasquanMike
TGAFAN25
NeverTrustAJunkie
GlennR
thebends
njguy99
ljdonofrio
FrankieG
rumham
Velocity
Jack
LuceroDiehard
matkins
Bobul
BossTime
TGA30
jonester
Jaws
Anya_TGA
LiveFastDieOld
big blue
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Last Jukebox Romeo
colmillionaire
Debonair
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Bobul wrote:
FrankieG wrote:
Bobul wrote:
Im happy to see that there aren't any tickets for sale on Ebay. Glad to see scalpers didn't get a heads up on this.

For all of those who are familiar with Crossroads, is this a bar/restaurant? Will I be able to grab something to eat there? I went to the page and saw the menu, but wasn't sure if there was a separate entrance or what not. (It looks so small, makes me even more excited)

I saw another band there a year ago. The setup had everyone sitting at tables and you were able to order food. But judging by the 200 tickets sold, they might convert it to standing room only becuase I can't see 200 people sitting at tables, from what I remember. You could probably still order foor at the bar though, i would think.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm leaving work at 7 and that should place me there at exactly 8. So dinner there is a must.

Consistent with past Brian solo shows, I don't imagine he'll take the stage before 10:00.
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:58 am

The more I read about this, the more I want to go!
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:05 pm

Is Garwood a safe area? I plan on taking NJ transit instead of driving in case I have a few drinks and it looks like Crossroads is walking distances from the train station, but if the show it gets out at midnight or so, just want to make sure it's a decent area to be in.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:38 pm

rumham wrote:
Is Garwood a safe area? I plan on taking NJ transit instead of driving in case I have a few drinks and it looks like Crossroads is walking distances from the train station, but if the show it gets out at midnight or so, just want to make sure it's a decent area to be in.

It's fine. I'm currently house hunting that area and have spent time there recently.
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:59 am

Hey everyone. The last two tickets to see Brian Fallon acoustic this Saturday are up for auction for a good cause. Bid and get two great things out if it- a wonderful intimate show, and satisfaction of helping those who really need.

http://www.theplaceforkids.org/
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:00 am

rumham wrote:

Garwood is great. You are more than fine
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Still looking for 1 ticket, message me: https://www.facebook.com/fgkemper
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 1:07 am

So, the poster says doors at 7, but the latest post on the Crossroads facebook page says 5. Anyone know which is correct?
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 1:13 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
So, the poster says doors at 7, but the latest post on the Crossroads facebook page says 5. Anyone know which is correct?

Probably safer to assume the most recent time posted.
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:17 pm

Hey everyone! Here to answer the confusion regarding the door times for the show tomorrow at Crossroads:
Doors are at 5pm, not for the show, but because this establishment is a restaurant and bar. If you want to be there for dinner before the show or to ensure a good spot, then 5pm is the time to do it. However, the show isn't starting until 8pm, as the flyer states. Let me know if you have any other questions, and see you all tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:13 pm

So unfortunately something has come up and I can't attend. Crying or Very sad I'd love to give my ticket away to another fan, but it's on my name under will call. Anybody know how I can (sensibly) go about doing this?
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Does anyone have an idea of the format for the show? Will each artist perform their own set our will they all play together? I don't know the other artists on the bill so I don't know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm

Barresi wrote:
So unfortunately something has come up and I can't attend. Crying or Very sad I'd love to give my ticket away to another fan, but it's on my name under will call. Anybody know how I can (sensibly) go about doing this?

I would call the venue.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:34 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Barresi wrote:

I would call the venue.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:37 am

big blue wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of the format for the show? Will each artist perform their own set our will they all play together? I don't know the other artists on the bill so I don't know what to expect.

I have no more info than you do on the subject, but I would guess they're all doing their own individual acoustic set. I've never seen a bunch of frontmen to different bands get together and play an entire show together as if they were one band. The closest to that is maybe the Revival Tour, but even then they all have separate sets and no one's name is billed above someone else's. Based on the bill, this is Brian's show, and the other 3 are opening independently of each other. But hey, I could be wrong, who knows  geek 
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:53 pm

The guy at the venue told me that Brian won't come on til probably 11ish.
I don't have a ticket yet and am on the waitlist, so they said i might get a call around 9ish if the place isn't full. Still looking for 1 ticket!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:42 pm

FrankieG wrote:
I don't have a ticket yet and am on the waitlist, so they said i might get a call around 9ish if the place isn't full. Still looking for 1 ticket!

I may end up having an extra. Text me your number and I'll shoot you a note if it becomes available. 732 778 8285.
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
FrankieG wrote:

I may end up having an extra. Text me your number and I'll shoot you a note if it becomes available. 732 778 8285.

Thanks for the offer but I'm on the willcall list from another member! (Thanks James!) See you there!
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:21 pm

looking for 1 for tonight

thanks
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:22 am

Let me be the first to say tonight was really great. Setlist was heavy with Molly and the Zombies ( no complaints here) with some GLA songs thrown in. Brian was great with a big ass grin on his face all night. For anyone who stayed after the show, did Brian come out and around what time. We had to go, clock was ticking on the sitter. Also I got my fill
of Dance The Night Away tonight. Great show Brian.
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:41 am

Brian Fallon will be doing another hometown show at Crossroads on February 22nd. Smile details to come on Monday.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:37 am

Brian:
The '59 Sound
American Slang
Handwritten

Molly and the Zombies:
Red Lights
Long Drives
Sketchy
7th and Union
Smoke
I Walked with a Zombie (Roky Erickson cover)

Brian:
Navesink Banks
She Loves You
Great Expectations

Edit: thanks to those below for the correct titles on those new Molly and the Zombies songs.

Last edited by GlennR on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:39 am

Sketchy and Smoke were the other two
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:43 am

A brief note about the crowd at this venue is order.  It is strange to think that this was a hard ticket to obtain because the total disrespect of the artist was almost kind of staggering.  

Small venue, acoustic show, tough ticket - you would think people would really want to hear the new songs.  But you would be wrong.  Everybody sings to '59 Sound but Brian does something new and different and people start yakking through the song.  Disrespect to the artist, disrespect to the other people at the show.  It's just sad, really.  The new songs are good.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:12 am

That's usually how Brian shows go. Because people are the worst.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next