DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live In London DVD release

Go down 
+34
Jerseyrain
Hanswurst
BossTime
bt211
HolyBreakOfDay
Italian__Fallon
cmigs
Álvaro
markbarlow
Christophe
DeathoftheCool
simo
rumham
prettyontheinsidex
CapedAvenger
NeverTrustAJunkie
ral
Raoul_Duke
Thunder Peel
dvddubbingguy
TGA30
eagles1139
f1schu111
brucesboots
Jack
JimmyB
Harbortown
steady now steady now
StitchesOnTheRadio
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
cdala
enola
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Just watching the DVD now and heres a mixture of my own feedback.
I quite like some of the camera angles but agree it has a feel of the 45 video. Not sure that bothers me like it does with others though.
The vocals seem to change in volume, they seem to come louder in waves. Its only subtle though so it may just be me.
Ian Perkins wasn't listed on the intro part where all the names come up, thought that was odd as he's in the band now
The DVD does miss a bit of banter and although it is enjoyable watching the performances the major downfall is just that it is so short. They should have filmed one whole show/ mixed one show out of the best songs of both nights. It feels like this dvd is a taster or a stop gap between things. I think they could have put more into it and made something really enjoyable. It seems like laziness as if its just been done in a rush to satisfy a few fans. I'd rather they'd waited and released an awesome live dvd/cd like The Horrible Crowes. If you want to see how to release a solid cd/dvd set see Bryan Adams live at Sydney Opera House or Goo Goo Dolls live in Buffalo.
And yes they messed up with continuity after Alex smashed his bass, they replaced it with the previous nights footage.
Performancewise I think my faves were Handwritten, She Loves You, Great Expectations and 45. For no other reason than Brian's vocals sound better to me on these tracks.
I don't regret buying this at all but it could have been so much better...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:58 pm

I also just watched the DVD and I really like it. It is just a shame that it is so short, and as Jerseyrain already mentioned that Ian's name wasn't listed on the intro. but all in all I'm satisfied with the DVD. I can't wait to see them live again...so I hope they will come back to Luxembourg or Germany Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:48 pm

TGA email wrote:
EXCLUSIVE DVD BONUS FOOTAGE FOR EVERYONE THAT PURCHASED 'THE LIVE IN LONDON' DVD OR DVD BUNDLE FROM INFINITE MERCH AND FOR ALL NEW ORDERS OF THE DVD AND DVD BUNDLE GOING FORWARD

Happy New Year everyone! While you've been busy drinking egg nog and breaking new years resolutions TGA has been hard at work.

First off - big news for everyone that purchased the Live In London DVD from Infinite Merch, as well as all new orders going forward. You are eligible for an additional 25 minutes of download interview footage of all the members not included on the DVD. This offer is made available exclusively for Infinite Merch customers. We will be sending out an email to everyone that has purchased the DVD with a link to the bonus footage.

...so yeah great news for all those who purchased it through infinitemerch Wink
so i'll wait for this to appear on youtube (not that i bought the dvd with expecting some of this stuff) - yeah this whole dvd-thing kinda was planned unfortunately i think..  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
TGA email wrote:
EXCLUSIVE DVD BONUS FOOTAGE FOR EVERYONE THAT PURCHASED 'THE LIVE IN LONDON' DVD OR DVD BUNDLE FROM INFINITE MERCH AND FOR ALL NEW ORDERS OF THE DVD AND DVD BUNDLE GOING FORWARD

Happy New Year everyone! While you've been busy drinking egg nog and breaking new years resolutions TGA has been hard at work.

First off - big news for everyone that purchased the Live In London DVD from Infinite Merch, as well as all new orders going forward. You are eligible for an additional 25 minutes of download interview footage of all the members not included on the DVD. This offer is made available exclusively for Infinite Merch customers. We will be sending out an email to everyone that has purchased the DVD with a link to the bonus footage.

...so yeah great news for all those who purchased it through infinitemerch Wink
so i'll wait for this to appear on youtube (not that i bought the dvd with expecting some of this stuff) - yeah this whole dvd-thing kinda was planned unfortunately i think..  Rolling Eyes

The ONE time I don't buy through infinite merch, the ONE TIME  Evil or Very Mad  

I thought the bonus material was supposed to be apart of the DVD. Not apart of "Infinite Merch's version" of the DVD. Would have been nice to know that to begin with. Unless we missed some fine print in the advertising? Should've known something was up when there was only 40 minutes of footage, not the promised 60. Rolling Eyes  

Fingers crossed for an appearance on youtube.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
... It seems like laziness as if its just been done in a rush to satisfy a few fans. I'd rather they'd waited and released an awesome live dvd/cd like The Horrible Crowes....

...And yes they messed up with continuity after Alex smashed his bass, they replaced it with the previous nights footage....

I agree minus the lazy part. Having professionals film the show is going to cost them money. For them to do it twice (remember the NY shows they were gonna do it for) and have nothing to show for it, is not the best financial decision. They probably decided to salvage what they could just to make some of that money back. And like you said, because they've been promising this for awhile.

With the bass, I'm not sure that was a mess-up so much as an artistic choice. I think whoever edited really wanted the bass-smash in the most intense part of Mullholland, and yet it probably didn't happen that way during the show, so the only way to show them finishing the song, and get the dramatic effect of him smashing it during the song, they'd have to mess with continuity. Personally, while it's a little weird, it doesn't bother me because I'd rather have the intensity of him smashing it during the song. Didn't he smash it both nights?
Back to top Go down
LittleEden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LittleEden

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Ugh I didn't buy it from infinite merch, hopefully youtube prevails!
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:17 pm

The She Loves You version is hauntingly beautiful, especially with the 'You Really Got A Hold On Me' snippet at the end. So that alone was already worth it, but apart from that it is indeed way too short, has a wrong choice of songs (I love 'Handwritten', but this DVD just features too much songs from the last album and hardly any from before, which is really weird) and I don't always understand the order of the songs. I don't know why they had to end with 'Mulholland Drive' when the band has an awesome closer that does the trick splendidly for about five years now ('Backseat').

A concert DVD should have the feel of a real concert. These 10 songs were great, but I don't really have a concert vibe, especially because they cut out almost all the interaction with the public, encores,... I very much hope they keep the other songs and release them in a timely fashion, because I really liked the way it was filmed and recorded (although the sounds from the audience were a little bit too quiet perhaps, I always love to hear the audience sing along and that didn't happen enough here), but it would have been way better if they had just kept the concert from beginning to end, and didn't mess around all that much.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:06 pm

LittleEden wrote:
Ugh I didn't buy it from infinite merch, hopefully youtube prevails!

same here -.-
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Just found it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyTik8MVuAQ
I really like it, but I had the impression that the vocals were edited a bit.It may be just a live effect they put on the mic, whatever.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm still not convinced. Something's not right when you record 4 shows and only have 40 minutes to show for it :/
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Has anyone received the email with the extra songs? I believe it was for those of us that ordered from Infinite Merch.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

matkins wrote:
Has anyone received the email with the extra songs? I believe it was for those of us that ordered from Infinite Merch.

I didn't think they were extra songs, just extra interviews.

Edit: Yes, the email just said "You are eligible for an additional 25 minutes of download interview footage of all the members not included on the DVD."
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
matkins wrote:

I didn't think they were extra songs, just extra interviews.

Edit: Yes, the email just said "You are eligible for an additional 25 minutes of download interview footage of all the members not included on the DVD."

You're exactly right. It was interviews. I really enjoyed it. It was great seeing all the guys getting equal time. Hope everyone got the link that ordered from IM. I had trouble downloading mine because I'm not the best with computers. I emailed IM twice and they were extremely responsive and really cool about it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live In London DVD release
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4