DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live In London DVD release

Go down 
+34
Jerseyrain
Hanswurst
BossTime
bt211
HolyBreakOfDay
Italian__Fallon
cmigs
Álvaro
markbarlow
Christophe
DeathoftheCool
simo
rumham
prettyontheinsidex
CapedAvenger
NeverTrustAJunkie
ral
Raoul_Duke
Thunder Peel
dvddubbingguy
TGA30
eagles1139
f1schu111
brucesboots
Jack
JimmyB
Harbortown
steady now steady now
StitchesOnTheRadio
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
cdala
enola
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:32 pm

I think we now have a confirmation Very Happy

http://www.infinitemerch.com/collections/the-gaslight-anthem/products/the-gaslight-anthem-live-in-london-dvd

does anyone know the exact date of the release?
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:40 pm

December 17th. If you go to the bundles with tshirt etc, it has the date.

Still baffled by 10 songs. 10. Ten. Like, as in not even 11. Just 10. Not even backseats or any sort of closer?!
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:06 pm

I didn't realize that til you mentioned it. That's a bit weird. According to Setlist.fm, they played 22 & 23 songs. Why cut half-ish out? scratch 
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Just seen this for the first time on Facebook, and assumed there was something wrong with the site when only 10 tracks were listed. I don't get it. Why not a full set? They played 25 when i saw them in Leeds this year, so why release a DVD showing ~40% of what a regular live set would contain?

Odd. Can't see me buying it, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 pm

dvddubbingguy wrote:
just dvd? no blu-ray? that would suck
I don't watch SD crap no more, then I stick to my own concert recroding from Düsseldorf or the New York show that was shown on HDTV...
I had the NY show on my dvr box and it got deleted, i was so bummed. I was at the show too so I thought it was cool that it was on tv. do you a copy of it?
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm not really interested in the live dvd...I guess I've been to too many shows? And I dont really understand the pre-sale bundles...why would I want a shirt and a poster that say "live in London" or whatever? I didn't go to the shows, it just makes no sense to me. It just screams quick cash-in for the holiday season. and to be clear, I'm not bashing the band here...they dont control these things and i know that. It is a business after all.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 am

If they wanted to do a 10 song dvd which to me seems bizarre regardless, why not just cherry pick from a bunch of different shows and make it a compilation instead... Picking 10 songs from one show and trying to bundle it into something special is just cheap. If the show is DVD worthy then make a DVD from the entire show.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:47 am

Heavy on the Handwritten songs, too. I'll be skipping it probably.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:43 am

I'd definitely want it if it were the whole show even though I've seen them a bunch of times. I might consider it still, just because I'd like to see it anyway. I just don't understand why SO much was cut out.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:42 am

I'm not really impressed to be honest, not by the short tracklist and not by tge design. This might be the first release I skip ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:20 am

I'm on the fence. On the one hand, I'm curious to see it, and knowing how hard these guys are on themselves, if they think these 10 are good enough to release, I imagine at least 8 of them are. But on the other hand, I'm not sure it's worth the money for only 10 songs unless it was like a really good festival set (which would have a flow to it, and a closer like The Backseat as someone else mentioned). I think I might wait and either see what others say after it comes out, or see if they release like a trailer or something that could entice me.

I have a feeling that the guys/the label/whoever, felt pressure to release SOMETHING because they've been talking about it for over a year, but they didn't really have as much to work with as they thought (like they said). It's tough because it's not like they can have professional cameras at every show, hoping to catch the most amazing nights of the tour. And you can't plan a great crowd any more than a performer can plan to feel and be 110% that night, so you never know when that show might be.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:25 am

it'd be cool if they filmed an asbury park homecoming show or something of that sort.
i'll be excited to see footage from the dvd if it surfaces on youtube or something, there's no way i'm shelling out for this haha.
that being said i am excited to see it released though. the way the guys have been talking about it, it doesn't seem to be a very big release, so i'm not gonna be treating it as a big deal. oh well Razz
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 6:53 am

10 songs is weak. i was so excited for this, but i might skip it after all.

also, anyone who has the nyc terminal 5 show could you please share? or point me in the right direction Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:50 am

Wow. That's fucking weak.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:59 pm

So that's why Alex smashed his guitar up that night. Wink
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:13 pm

I think I may have found a reason for some missing. Did they play covers in that set? Perhaps they could not get the rights to release the covers?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:17 pm

I don't care how many songs are on it, I thought that Brian once mentioned in an interview that there will be a small DVD and than another one with the new album....
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:42 pm

They might have played baba o Riley but that's it. Even that I don't think they played. They didn't even do sliver. They did over 20 songs each night so.

I saw that interview but it still doesn't explain why it's so small.
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
markbarlow

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Disappointing.

A cheap and easy way of running down the record contract?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:04 pm

I don't think that it was their idea to release the DVD or to only put 10 songs on it... maybe it's the label who is responsible for it...

the same with The Killers they said in an interview that they didn't wanted to release a greatest hits album, it was the idea of the record label, maybe here's the same
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:11 pm

But they filmed it all specially. You could tell cos they wore the same clothes both nights and had cameramen everywhere. Even in the foyer beforehand filming people come in. Not wanting to release it is one thing but if you're going to, at least do it right. I can't believe that out of 20-25 songs, only 10 were good enough to put out.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:22 am

This really is a bit lame and lazy as far as releases go. And if only 10 tracks were good enough (which doesn't say much about the quality of the band over two nights), couldn't they at least have thrown in the Handwritten videos as extras? How hard is it? And don't get me started on the poster and shirt designs. scratch 
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:08 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I think I may have found a reason for some missing.  Did they play covers in that set? Perhaps they could not get the rights to release the covers?
They didn't play a cover any of the two nights. They played around 20 songs each night, the setlist were almost identical both nights...it doesn't make sense to me. I may even buy the DVD because I was there but I think they could have done something better. And I remember the band was really good those nights.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:43 pm

I don't really understand how only putting 10 songs on this would save money. Who is saving the money and how? Like they went through the trouble of production, so why not include everything?

I like the microphone shirt but am confused by the use of the Star of David-style star (as opposed to a 5-point star).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live In London DVD release
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next