DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live In London DVD release

Go down 
+33
Jerseyrain
Hanswurst
BossTime
bt211
HolyBreakOfDay
Italian__Fallon
cmigs
Álvaro
Christophe
DeathoftheCool
simo
rumham
prettyontheinsidex
CapedAvenger
NeverTrustAJunkie
ral
Raoul_Duke
Thunder Peel
dvddubbingguy
TGA30
eagles1139
f1schu111
brucesboots
Jack
JimmyB
Harbortown
steady now steady now
StitchesOnTheRadio
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
cdala
enola
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah, I don't know about this. Maybe the band needs to have a long and hard think if they think only 10 of the songs were worth releasing. What does that say about them currently as a live band?

And this is coming from someone who has seen them eight times, many of which are my favorite concerts I've ever been to. It's just a little ridiculous to release a DVD with 10 songs on it.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:41 am

if they wanted to put out a larger DVD next year they could have done a double with this as well like the Foo's did with Hyde Park and Skin & Bones acoustic.

Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:53 pm

Any idea why I can't find this on Amazon? I'm buying it but guessing Amazon will have the cheapest price.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 7:08 pm

cmigs wrote:
Any idea why I can't find this on Amazon? I'm buying it but guessing Amazon will have the cheapest price.
that's strange, because a few ago I was able to find it....
Back to top Go down
Italian__Fallon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Italian__Fallon

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 9:09 pm

I don't see it...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:50 am

We now know that this is video from the gigs after which they seriously thought of chucking it all in.  Does it show?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 am

cmigs wrote:
it's on Amazon in the UK, with a 6 January release date

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gaslight-Anthem-Live-London/dp/B00GI5VX7U
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
We now know that this is video from the gigs after which they seriously thought of chucking it all in.  Does it show?
What do you mean chucking it all in?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Raoul_Duke wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
What do you mean chucking it all in?
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5356-major-interview-the-gaslight-anthems-brian-fallon-comes-clean
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Well, that might explain why they didn't think much of it was worth releasing.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
I don't care how many songs are on it, I thought that Brian once mentioned in an interview that there will be a small DVD and than another one with the new album....

I hope there will be another one. I'm happy to soon have a Gaslight DVD but I really hope to have a bigger one too.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Yeah me too, and I hope they will release their next studio album very soon
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:21 pm

is the DVD available for every region?
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 pm

I think I read somewhere, maybe Amazon, that it's region free, so it'll play on every player.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Mine was shipped by Amazon today.
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:32 am

found it in a record shop the other day and picked it up. it's definitely awesome, watched it a few times now. my only complaint is its just so short. on the bands FB page, they said "with HD behind the scenes footage", and there's none, except for maybe a minute in the beginning during the intro, but thats it. i like the kinda raw quality of it, and the sound is pretty good, i just wish there was more to it.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:41 pm

cdala wrote:
I think I read somewhere, maybe Amazon, that it's region free, so it'll play on every player.

alright thanks Very Happy

Today I went to the local store and they said it will be released on the 3rd of January... It would have been better, if I had ordered it -.-
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:13 pm

I ordered from Infinite Merch and received my copy (or rather my three copies because I got two more for friends as Christmas gifts  Very Happy) on Thursday. Just watched it, loved it and now I can't wait to see them again. I neeeeeeeeeeeeed a Gaslight show sooooooooon.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:07 am

Received mine today, can't wait to watch it tonight!
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:31 am

I enjoyed it, but it really did feel like a bonus to something else as opposed to something released alone. 40 minutes?
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:37 am

cmigs wrote:
I enjoyed it, but it really did feel like a bonus to something else as opposed to something released alone. 40 minutes?

I watched it yesterday and felt the same.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:28 am

how is the recording / film quality? is it comparable to other live concert DVDs?
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Last edited by HolyBreakOfDay on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah, it did feel like a bonus to a bigger DVD. And as far as the filming...eh. Not great. Kind of annoying how it's edited, since it's constantly cutting to another shot. But that's how all concert DVDs are nowadays, so it's nothing new.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Finally watched it. I agree the editing is a bit annoying but it's also kinda fun too. I got used to it for this 40 minute thing because it just feels like a super long music video, but on a longer DVD it would drive me nuts. My eyes didn't have time to focus on an image before it cut again. I don't know, maybe they were trying to up the flashy-ness of it because it was so short and they didn't seem too pleased with the material they had to work with. They did do a good job with the transitions given that this was a handful of clips over 2 full shows.

I was also scratching my head at some of the framing they had for certain shots. I mean, Brian has a lovely face, but there were a lot of unnecessary extreme close ups of like half of his face, and then someones guitar from like the bridge down (ie. the least interesting shot you could get of the guitar). Part of the problem there may have just been related to how they chose to edit. Either way, I hope the next one is edited like a normal show.

@DeathofTheCool the image quality was good if that's what you mean, but as I started to hint at, the editing was a bit on the cheesy side. Picture the "45" music video for 40 minutes, including the occasional slo-mo and the fast cuts, with all the behind the scenes stuff moved to the very beginning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live In London DVD release   Live In London DVD release - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live In London DVD release
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next