DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)

Go down 
+86
23Punk
ral
angryjohnny27
mja271
BereasaTGA
Forum Owner
jonnyz83
kappanera
No Retreat
bigbug
The Angry Johnny Revue
lo
brunswick18
Rizz
Hasler09
TheEmptyBones
The_River
matkins
'49mercury
Prisoner
Hirti
Vibes
pepperedham
Keele
jzancan
Tincan Sailor
BKO5950505
HorribleCrowe
flannel
Asmith1912
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
mingus
Zach_Edelman
Thunder Peel
33RPMHero
BossTime
jensomniac
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
Roe
mely88
big blue
TGAFAN25
jonester
FrankieG
cdala
crutchfield
Jaws
zerb012345
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
_rebekka_
Joe Thumb
sjoy89
Jerseyrain
SirBrad
CapedAvenger
saraM87
rotmitweißenpunkten
rumham
Ghost
Yozzy
simo
RobertODonnell
enola
Labhras
Debonair
SammyHutchison
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
borrowedcar
Jack
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
thomas94
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cmigs
Hanswurst
Steve70s
CluckyB
eagles1139
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
njguy99
steady now steady now
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:54 pm

@thebrianfallon: Recording the B Sides for the new record today!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:51 am

Debonair wrote:
@thebrianfallon: Recording the B Sides for the new record today!

How can these be proper B-sides (the vinyl issue aside), if they aren't even recorded at the same time as the album?  Who records B-sides FOR an album?  Songs END UP as B-sides.  Sounds like someone insists on offering a deluxe version or a pre-order special.  What a load of tosh.   Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Why complain about more new music? They may go to the studio with 20 demoed and only end up recording 14 to 16. Label is paying for the producer and studio space.

I'd imagine that all the songs from Hold You Up weren't recorded in Nashville. If that were able to pick what tracks they wanted on the album, then why not record the others knowing they will be b-sides for dedicated fans? Fans wanted as much content as they can. If the band can offer it up, by finding an alternate way to to record a few, I have no complaints. I'd rather that than have some cool songs scrapped because it doesn't "fit" with the sound on the record.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Keele wrote:
Why complain about more new music?

I am only complaining about how it's dressed up.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:13 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
How can these be proper B-sides (the vinyl issue aside), if they aren't even recorded at the same time as the album?  Who records B-sides FOR an album?  Songs END UP as B-sides.  Sounds like someone insists on offering a deluxe version or a pre-order special.  What a load of tosh.   Mad
I, for one, do not understand this in the slightest. Why does it matter whether a b-side is recorded at the same time as the album tracks or not? And i don't understand what you mean by "Who records B-sides FOR an album?". They're recording them for the album's singles, not for an album, sure, but you know what they mean.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:38 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
I, for one, do not understand this in the slightest. Why does it matter whether a b-side is recorded at the same time as the album tracks or not? And i don't understand what you mean by "Who records B-sides FOR an album?". They're recording them for the album's singles, not for an album, sure, but you know what they mean.

I think what he's trying to say is b-sides traditionally are recorded at the same time as all the other songs.  Normally a band may not know exactly which songs are going to make the record during the recording process.  They are only just recording. Then when the album is finished being recorded they start making cuts. The songs that don't make the main album (for what ever reason) then end up becoming b-sides.

So I sort of understand why it would be strange to hear b-sides are being recorded. Because it doesn't exactly fit how b-sides a lot of the time come around.

But, yes, new music is new music.

Speaking of b-sides:

alexdlevine
Getting weird with the B sides today..... #theremin @xandermilia

http://instagram.com/p/oO73gRsNu_/

Back to top Go down
BereasaTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BereasaTGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:53 am

Maybe when they started writing songs they saw very clearly which songs were making the album, so they decided to prioritize those ones and the record the ones they felt that didn't fit the album. Also on the live at the troubadour DVD, THC manager said that Brian enters the studio with a very specific idea in his head and knows how the album is going to be.

PS: Maybe we shouldn't over think this things too much  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:41 am

Some of b-sides could be covers again, and maybe require a different feel anyway. Just love how they're making reference to b-sides and play them at shows, while so many other bands just consider them throw away tracks never to be played or discussed again.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:52 am

BereasaTGA wrote:
Maybe when they started writing songs they saw very clearly which songs were making the album, so they decided to prioritize those ones and the record the ones they felt that didn't fit the album.

This. When doing preproduction it's entirely realistic they went in with say 14-15 song ideas, fleshed them out and decided which tunes would be best suited for the album, but then figured they'd record a couple anyways because maybe they just didn't fit the feel of the record they were making. I wouldn't be too concerned about that.
Back to top Go down
angryjohnny27
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
angryjohnny27

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Hey! Check this!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/gaslight-anthem-head-to-nashville-for-completely-different-lp-20140523
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Well that's certainly interesting.  If nothing else this album will be a unique listen.  The mention of the drum loop and synth is a little hard for me to wrap my head around in terms of hearing this band do that kind of stuff, but we'll see.  Hoping we get to hear a single soon

EDIT: Just realized it's a whole series of pics and snippets. This is going to be a very interesting record it seems. I really appreciate the desire to step out of their comfort zone and expand their horizons. Here's hoping it rocks!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Two most important things I saw song called "Under the Ground"

Fallon says. "It had never been touched by a guitar, which was very weird for us. 'Under the Ground' is the first song I have ever written that had nothing to do with the guitar."

And

"Now we have some of the heaviest, most aggressive music we've ever recorded, stuff that might remind people of our first album, Sink or Swim. But it also has some of the prettiest, most beautiful, moving music we've ever done."

Now excuse me while I go stare at the under the ground lyrics pics and see if I can find anything  Razz bounce
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 1:38 pm

From the way it's being described (Insert album name here) will be their best album yet. I love that it's going to span from heavy to beautiful, and have more than just guitars and the basics. I'm excited that it's going to be different. This made me 100x more excited for the new album.

Here's to "Under the Ground" too. We at least know something about the album now.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Really interesting article, definitely sounds like theres going to be some different stuff on this one. Although I wasn't really a fan when they mentioned Calvin Harris as an influence. Shut up Rolling Stone we know that's not true.

Debonair wrote:

Now excuse me while I go stare at the under the ground lyrics pics and see if I can find anything  Razz bounce

Already tried and failed.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Debonair wrote:

could only make out the first half or so...

Under the Ground

That's enough, my man
Time to clap our hands
Call the papers up tomorrow
say we did the best we can
Cause our doctor's in the hospital
The poet just layed down
There's one good man I know
and he can't talk right now

I'd like to hear what you'd say to me
If I was bulletproof and free again
Or what you'd shout if I was dead in the ground
and buried under another name

Or would you talk about if I loved her now?
Tell my sins to God out loud
Would you cry, cry 'cause I was gone?
Would you spit and hiss and curse my name
and embarrass me to the other graves?
Would you lay right down with me
Underneath the ground?

Last edited by ral on Fri May 23, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:12 pm

ral wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Under the Ground

That's enough, my man
Time to clap our hands
The poet just layed down

and [...] me to the other graves?
Underneath the ground?

This is why I love DSS  High Five 
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Debonair wrote:
ral wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Under the Ground

That's enough, my man
Time to clap our hands
The poet just layed down

and [...] me to the other graves?
Underneath the ground?

This is why I love DSS  High Five 

WOAH
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Congratulations, you officially have the best eye sight in history  High Five
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:49 pm

angryjohnny27 wrote:
Hey! Check this!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/gaslight-anthem-head-to-nashville-for-completely-different-lp-20140523

for ease of reading, I have given it its own topic at

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5451-rs-article-gaslight-anthem-head-to-nashville-for-completely-different-lp
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 8:25 pm

One thing that kinda crossed my mind was how Brian talked about ( at crossroads night 2 ) how pianos really intrigued him. How he always wanted to do something where it was only him and a piano.

Now we hear about under the ground being created from the piano. I wonder if it's all an insight into future shows. A Piano and Brian Fallon? Yes.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 1:32 am

Debonair wrote:
A Piano and Brian Fallon? Yes.

bounce Very Happy  sunny  cheers There aren't enough happy/excited emoji to properly express my enthusiasm over this idea.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:35 am

sing us a song you're the piano man!!!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:54 pm

synths? Brian playing lead? Brian playing PIANO?? Alex L. playing like The Clash?

Stop pushing my ecxpecations higher and higher again! Sad

i couldn't take the disappointment if this isn't going to BE THEIR DAMN BREAKTHROUGH Very Happy

But now i'm like.. lets say 70% sure IT IS  bounce
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Hanswurst wrote:

i couldn't take the disappointment if this isn't going to BE THEIR DAMN BREAKTHROUGH Very Happy

But now i'm like.. lets say 70% sure IT IS  bounce

I hope so Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 10:12 pm

This record will probably be more of a culmination of what the guys have learned from previous Gaslight records and side projects. I'm not surprised by the use of pianos and such. The guys have used other instruments before in their music than guitars, bass and drums. I'm just excited to hear new music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)
Page 23 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next