DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EU / UK tour 2013

Go down 
+85
Krusimo
Hirti
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Raoul_Duke
OutlawTorn
poormrpitiful
joshyboytyler
ea1993
DianaAntonia
PPQ
goonerginge
GuitarMike
LuceroDiehard
Johnny 99
Fail
DeathoftheCool
NeverTrustAJunkie
eagles1139
LeviLevi
Anderson19
sinkorswimmydear
cdala
jwhiting29
saraM87
wedidwhenyoung
Gasreg
Hanswurst
thomas94
Van Der Twix
SouthJerseyTGA
pauldt1969
ExitEnglish
zubby77
beckiee1993
Coma Girl
_rebekka_
Daire
TopBombing
LittleSkill
Gaslight23
BuddyHolly
Álvaro
EyesOnThatCadillac
lostintheflood
HorribleCrowe
rgillies
bringiton
drifter69
mingus
brucesboots
luckyman
HolyBreakOfDay
wearenowhere
backseat99
AGoodTime
jn02
CapedAvenger
Yevgeni
Holland
bringiton_ty
stone
Jerseyrain
steffuhnee
Camus
Christophe
KittyKat
TheFly1987
wishlist
rotmitweißenpunkten
ilockyer
ThisMachineKillsFascists
19thirty
chickenman
steady now steady now
Woody
StitchesOnTheRadio
Steve70s
visible_karma
matkins
theratman
azlisa
moonlight
Down by the Mersey
plugga
enola
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 am

rgillies wrote:
Any word on when Gaslight are coming onstage tonight? I've been hearing that they have come on at 8 at some venues?
They were on at 8:00 last night due to a club night at the venue. They tweeted their stage times in the afternoon, so it might be worth checking their Twitter feed in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:53 am

Last night they intentionally structured the setlist into mini sets. 4 from T59S, 4 from American Slang, 4 frm Handwritten and then played Changing of the guards before 3 from SoS. Id rather they'd played Drive or Boomboxes instead of the cover but i like it anyway. A a future show they intend to play the EP in its entirety so watch out for that!

Did the band come out to chat after the show then? Its rare they do that these days...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
Last night they intentionally structured the setlist into mini sets. 4 from T59S, 4 from American Slang, 4 frm Handwritten and then played Changing of the guards before 3 from SoS. Id rather they'd played Drive or Boomboxes instead of the cover but i like it anyway. A a future show they intend to play the EP in its entirety so watch out for that!

Did the band come out to chat after the show then? Its rare they do that these days...

I went round the back of the venue about 20 minutes after the show and there were a handful of people standing around and Brian was there. It was great to meet him as I have always missed him the other previous times I have seen them. I'm not sure if any of the other guys came out after or not.
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:34 am

rgillies wrote:
Any word on when Gaslight are coming onstage tonight? I've been hearing that they have come on at 8 at some venues?

Bristol Friday and Leeds they came on at 8pm because both had club nights at the venue after.

Dont know if thats the case in Glasgow tonight.
Back to top Go down
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rgillies

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 am

luckyman wrote:
rgillies wrote:

Bristol Friday and Leeds they came on at 8pm because both had club nights at the venue after.

Dont know if thats the case in Glasgow tonight.

Ok cheers. The Glasgow venue doesn't have a club night so It'll be a 9 start.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:

what was it like during their US tour?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:07 pm

enola wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
Sad no el jefe poster for that tour?

No unfortunately not. There seems to be a tourposter though from what I saw on pics. A yellow, not really graphic one...

Thanks, Manuela Wink

I assume you don't mean this tour poster?

EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Plakat_TheGaslightAnthem_2013
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:21 pm

thomas94 wrote:
enola wrote:
thomas94 wrote:

No unfortunately not. There seems to be a tourposter though from what I saw on pics. A yellow, not really graphic one...

Thanks, Manuela Wink

EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Plakat_TheGaslightAnthem_2013

This IS by El Jefe, but it is known as an 'admat' to be adapted by venues and promoters as required and there is no screen printed version of it. The design may, however, see the light of day in another context. silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:09 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
enola wrote:
thomas94 wrote:

Thanks, Manuela Wink

[img]

This IS by El Jefe, but it is known as an 'admat' to be adapted by venues and promoters as required and there is no screen printed version of it. The design may, however, see the light of day in another context. silent

Yeah, I know that this is by El Jefe. But the description of the poster Manuela talked about does not really fit to the one I posted. Anyway, that's the only tour poster for the EU tour I've seen so far Wink

Last edited by thomas94 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:

what was it like during their US tour?

I can't speak for the few US dates they had this spring but it's not rare in my experience on the US Handwritten tours. At least one of them has come out at every (regular) show I've been to so I don't think it's that rare *Knock on wood* but maybe I've been lucky.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:30 am

thomas94 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
enola wrote:
thomas94 wrote:

Thanks, Manuela Wink

[img]

Yeah, I know that this is by El Jefe. But the description of the poster Manuela talked about does not really fit to the one I posted. Anyway, that's the only tour poster for the EU tour I've seen so far Wink

No I meant the yellow one on that picture ....

EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Image19
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 am

Oh and did anyone see the setlist from Glasgow? They played Red In The Morning!!!

I beginn to really like the double date idea! Too bad I won't make any of the UK gigs Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 am

I see the pattern of playing the minisets continues. If they keep rotating the songs around from the different albums then we will get a few wildcards.

The guys have obviously practiced more songs for this tour. In October we'd hardly ever have got Rivers Edge, Orphans, High Lonesome, Red in the morning etc. Keepsake and Desire were rarely played too so its nice to see them making good use of their whole repertoir. Maybe even Stay Lucky will raise its head at some point too.
Back to top Go down
jwhiting29
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 am

enola wrote:
Oh and did anyone see the setlist from Glasgow? They played Red In The Morning!!!

It is nice to hear some different songs of course but IMHO Red In the Morning is the weakest Gaslight Anthem song in their catalogue.
Back to top Go down
jwhiting29
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:02 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
The guys have obviously practiced more songs for this tour. In October we'd hardly ever have got Rivers Edge, Orphans, High Lonesome, Red in the morning etc. Keepsake and Desire were rarely played too so its nice to see them making good use of their whole repertoir. Maybe even Stay Lucky will raise its head at some point too.

I'd settle for Orphans, Desire and Keepsake on Friday night (amongst other songs obviously!!!). I believe they soundchecked Desire at the Brixton Wednesday gig last year but it was cut from the setlist.

Still no Mae.

What a great encore last night....She Loves You, Mullholland, HCMM, HLaY,K and Backseats!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Those complaining about no Mae. I woudn't be surprised if theyre having a break from it. On the autumn tour they played it every single night to start the show. To be honest, despite liking the song, there are others I'd rather hear. I'm stoked that they're kicking things off with High Lonesome this time around! Love it
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:15 pm

jwhiting29 wrote:
enola wrote:

It is nice to hear some different songs of course but IMHO Red In the Morning is the weakest Gaslight Anthem song in their catalogue.

I'd agree with you there. Its not one of my favourites but Id love to see it all the same. I'm slowly ticking off a list of songs Ive never seen live and that is one of them. Other than that I think Im just short of WDIWWWY, Red at Night, Desire and Halloween. I can't remember if Ive seen We're getting a divorce either....
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
jwhiting29 wrote:
enola wrote:

I'd agree with you there. Its not one of my favourites but Id love to see it all the same. I'm slowly ticking off a list of songs Ive never seen live and that is one of them. Other than that I think Im just short of WDIWWWY, Red at Night, Desire and Halloween. I can't remember if Ive seen We're getting a divorce either....

I haven't got many left that I haven't heard yet either - I have heard all of the Senor and the Queen EP, all of The '59 Sound, all of American Slang (bar WDIWWWY), all of Handwritten (bar National Anthem and Desire) and there are about four off of Sink or Swim I haven't heard now Smile
Back to top Go down
jwhiting29
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Those complaining about no Mae. I woudn't be surprised if theyre having a break from it. On the autumn tour they played it every single night to start the show. To be honest, despite liking the song, there are others I'd rather hear. I'm stoked that they're kicking things off with High Lonesome this time around! Love it

To be fair to the others it is mainly me but I'm not really complaining. One of the reasons I stopped being bothered about seeing the Killers so often was the familiarity of the setlist which barely changed one gig to the next so hats off to the Gaslight Anthem for giving people value for money. It Mae be at the cost of some favourite songs (did you see what I did there?) of course.

I'm digging High Lonesome as an opener. I would really love to hear WDIWWWY live.

Who knows what is in store for Friday night but one thing is guaranteed, it will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
LeviLevi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 pm

I was at Leeds an absolutely loved it, my favourite time seeing them for sure. To be honest I didn't expect much of SOS and he said something early on that made me think they wouldn't play any but hearing the 3 were amazing. Thought it was a great setllist to be honest, can't complain about getting a bit from all the albums!
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Was really disappointed with Bristol Friday night.But they bounced back with another cracking show in Leeds the 2010 show there was also one of my favourites.

Looking forward to Manchester and London now.Hope i get Red In The Morning or We're Getting A Divorce the 2 songs i'm missing, might have a chance if they keep this miniset thing going.
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Well I thought the Friday was much better than the Thursday! Amazing how opinions can differ. My experience of the Thursday was spoilt a bit by being stuck on the stairs at the back of the floor. It was rammed and a bit dangerous until some left the floor.

Friday (for me anyway) was better as I was on the floor quite near the stage. Felt the band were going through the motions on Thursday at the start, but some of that has to be down to the travelling? Baba o' Riley was amazing, but hearing Backseats to finish just feels right and how it should be. Anyway just my thoughts, tenth gaslight gig. Best (for me anyway) is still Glasto 2011. Every time I watch it make me shudder.
Back to top Go down
beckiee1993
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
beckiee1993

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:01 am

I was at the Leeds show on Saturday night and it was amazing! First time I've seen Gaslight before and it was the best gig of my life, I met and had a picture with Brian after the show too...amazing!
Back to top Go down
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rgillies

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 am

jwhiting29 wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

To be fair to the others it is mainly me but I'm not really complaining. One of the reasons I stopped being bothered about seeing the Killers so often was the familiarity of the setlist which barely changed one gig to the next so hats off to the Gaslight Anthem for giving people value for money. It Mae be at the cost of some favourite songs (did you see what I did there?) of course.

I'm digging High Lonesome as an opener. I would really love to hear WDIWWWY live.

Who knows what is in store for Friday night but one thing is guaranteed, it will be awesome.

Glasgow got Mae last night
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:15 pm

enola wrote:

No I meant the yellow one on that picture ....

EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Image19

Oh, okay Wink ..thanks.

Is this a screenprint? I mean 10 pound for such a simple poster is really much...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK tour 2013   EU / UK tour 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EU / UK tour 2013
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next