DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th

Go down 
+10
Jerseyrain
prettyontheinsidex
njguy99
beholdhurricanej
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
thebiglebowski
smetz224
ral
crutchfield
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 am

AHPearls wrote:
What a fantastic show! This was only my 2nd Gaslight show (1st being at Lollapalooza 6 weeks ago), and I was surprised & delighted to be treated to 2 hours & 29 songs. Heck, I was thrilled after the first encore - to get 5 additional songs just blew me away! Being a forum newbie, I must confess that I didn't even know TGA existed until about 6 months ago, so to go from that to (a) becoming a huge fan and (b) hearing them play so much of their catalogue in just 2 shows makes me feel like I've hit the lottery.

p.s. - Given my ignorance of TGA until recently, it seems necessary to add that NO, I don't live under a rock! (No doubt some of you were wondering about that.) Smile

Welcome. No pretentious attitudes. FYI, though this is what you missed in Detroit. I don't think I've missed any shows (unless you count a show at Mac's in Lansing during the Sink or Swim tour I passed on).

Smalls (in Hamtramck) right after Sink or Swim opening for Dead to Me who was opening for the Draft.
Magic Stick right after Senor opening for the Loved Ones.
2 shows at Saint Andrews after 59 Sound. I skipped the openers.
Fillmore opening for Alkaline Trio who opened for Rise Against
Fillmore Co-headlining with The Hold Steady.
Then this show.

I think everything from here out is gonna at the Fillmore and up. Saint Andrews was jammed!
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:13 pm

How great it must be to have all those albums and eps and bsides to experience for the first time. Have you heard all of their material?
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:19 pm

crutchfield wrote:
How great it must be to have all those albums and eps and bsides to experience for the first time. Have you heard all of their material?

I thought about this before. You know that experiment where they give a mouse a "pleasure button" and a "food buttom" and it just pushes the former over and over until it starves to death?

I feel like if I could erase all my Gaslight knowledge every night and just start fresh the next day, I wouldn't starve to death but I'd probably lose my friends and my job and my life.
Back to top Go down
AHPearls
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm

thebiglebowski wrote:

Welcome. No pretentious attitudes. FYI, though this is what you missed in Detroit. I don't think I've missed any shows (unless you count a show at Mac's in Lansing during the Sink or Swim tour I passed on).

Smalls (in Hamtramck) right after Sink or Swim opening for Dead to Me who was opening for the Draft.
Magic Stick right after Senor opening for the Loved Ones.
2 shows at Saint Andrews after 59 Sound. I skipped the openers.
Fillmore opening for Alkaline Trio who opened for Rise Against
Fillmore Co-headlining with The Hold Steady.
Then this show.

I think everything from here out is gonna at the Fillmore and up. Saint Andrews was jammed!

Thanks for the welcome. That's a very impressive list of gigs - I'm envious. And I think you're right - they should have no problem headlining at The Fillmore next time around. Plus they probably would appreciate the larger stage - they looked pretty cramped up there on the (relatively) tiny stage at St. Andrew's. Do you think the stage size had anything to do with their not having an opening act?
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm

That show was only announced maybe 3 weeks ago. They said something about not wanting to steal the crowd from their friends in Hot Water Music. They didn't know HWM was playing when they took the gig. So that combined to just have them play a long set but relatively short overall show, to encourage people to head over to the Magic Stick.

In a way, they were the openers for HWM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3