DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th

Go down 
+10
Jerseyrain
prettyontheinsidex
njguy99
beholdhurricanej
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
thebiglebowski
smetz224
ral
crutchfield
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Empty
PostSubject: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:22 am

Roll Call. Cant believe this hasnt sold out yet. Does anyone know whos opening?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm

I'd be shocked if it actually had sold out in under a week. It's not like there's a huge fan base in Detroit/MI. Both shows at St Andrews in 2009 didn't sell out (and the Grand Rapids show had dismal advanced sales). While that was 3 years ago, the fact that they're playing St Andrews again is telling. It should sell out but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. Regardless, I'll be there again.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Maybe its the lack of a good radio station in detroit. For gods sake toronto opera house sold out in one day. And that was befkre the album was even released.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Lack of radio may play a part but a big part is that no one actually lives in Detroit. The suburbs aren't far but I'm sure it makes a difference.

Did you go to the co-headlining show with the Hold Steady at the State in 2010? I traveled to other shows and skipped that one but I'm curious how it sold.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah i went to that. I felt like it was poorly sold. Me and my brother tried to get an encore from gla but we were the only two dumbys shouting one more song. I was confused by the hold steady headlining as well since american slang had just came out.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm

It probably didn't matter who headlined, that show was never selling out. And it doesn't say a lot for their draw if both bands can't at least sell well at the State Theater. I want to say capacity there is ~2500 and St Andrews is ~1000.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Wonder who theyre playing with. I hope they have a new batch of merch since the toronto show.
Back to top Go down
smetz224
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Fingers crossed for the Menzingers
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Gaslight draws as well as any independent band in Detroit does. Were the last couple shows jammed to the point where you couldn't move? No. Definitely seen shows at those venues with less than a quarter of what Gaslight brings in.

Interesting they chose to play a show in Detroit on the night that Hot Water Music / Off With Their Heads play the Magic Stick. That might split the crowd between the two. I'm sure there are some people out there who bought HWM tickets who are wishing they hadn't.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:43 pm

thebiglebowski wrote:
Gaslight draws as well as any independent band in Detroit does. Were the last couple shows jammed to the point where you couldn't move? No. Definitely seen shows at those venues with less than a quarter of what Gaslight brings in.

Interesting they chose to play a show in Detroit on the night that Hot Water Music / Off With Their Heads play the Magic Stick. That might split the crowd between the two. I'm sure there are some people out there who bought HWM tickets who are wishing they hadn't.

That and riotfest in chicago starts that night with gaslight playing the next day. So i presume queen alot of people bought weekend passes to the fest before this show was announced.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm wondering if I even need to advance order tickets. I probably will just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 am

Stopping by the Drew on my way home from school to pick up tickets. Worth it to save $9 in fees for each one.

Any word on openers?
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Ask at st andrews and report back!
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:09 pm

didn't see until after the tickets were purchased.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Called the Drew. Said they had no idea about openers and maybe if I called the day of they might know something.

kinda frustrating. I have no problem catching a little bit of an opener but it sucks going to shows with 3 openers you've never heard before. But I can't risk missing Gaslight. Probably show up at 9 unless I hear more info.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Well they always have good openers. I wouldnt mind if they just played for 2the hours though.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Good openers on the full tours, yes. But this show feels like it was a last second idea because they didn't have anything that night. Wondering if it will just be local openers. Only one MI band I actually like (Cheap Girls).
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm going to St. Andrew's tomorrow night to see Frank Turner. I'm pretty torn up about the fact that the Gaslight gig is scheduled on one of the two days of the year that I have unbreakable plans (I'm standing up in a wedding). At least they're playing in GR.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 pm

The swellers and fireworks are great local bands
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Don't care for either.

I liked HiFi Handgrenades but I don't think they are active anymore.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:37 am

Happy that this sold out. I really want to know whos opening so i can plan my evening. No word yet?
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 pm

I will call the Drew and report back. Just waiting until the afternoon. Doesn't seem like a place that really get's off to an early start.

Plan on wearing my Jawbreaker Morton Salt shirt if anyone wants to BS a little there.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:37 pm

My bro called. Said no opener
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Cool. Definitely good to know!
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Never been to a show without an opener.

Would be badass if we got a much longer set. A normal set, break, second set, break, encore would be incred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th   st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

st andrews hall Det. Sep 14th
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next