DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)

Go down 
+34
clr
Jerseyrain
NYYFAN523
azlisa
Labhras
Emusic
fullcollapse
simo
DiamondSinatra
bringiton
smetz224
bringiton_ty
dmac
OldManShoes3
SubconsciousRitual
Steve70s
NeverTrustAJunkie
MKULTRA
Jack
Michael Hann
Christophe
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
Klown
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
njguy99
The Angry Johnny Revue
enola
Holland
StitchesOnTheRadio
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Klown wrote:
I hate to be the type of guy to say I told you so....

But...

I actually had no problem with anything said in this interview but it is beyond silly to act as if this tweet magically nullifies any criticism that one might have had.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Klown wrote:

But...

I actually had no problem with anything said in this interview but it is beyond silly to act as if this tweet magically nullifies any criticism that one might have had.

THIS
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:40 am

Good to see them address this. But as has been stated, it doesn't change the basic point that this fan topic was not a one off and has been mentioned in 3 or more articles lately. It's not so much the context either but the direct quotes from Brian.

Either way, let's move on Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:41 am

Klown wrote:

But...

High Five

I hope we can go back to normal now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:44 am

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
It's not so much the context either but the direct quotes from Brian.
How would you know it's a direct quote?

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
Either way, let's move on Smile
But yes please!
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 am

enola wrote:

Well the controversial parts are direct quotes from Brian from the article. His defense is his words were sensationalized.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:57 am

chaingangchorus wrote:
enola wrote:

Well the controversial parts are direct quotes from Brian from the article. His defense is his words were sensationalized.

Meaning they misquoted him? I don't know I find that kind of thing hard to believe. Maybe the writers could have surrounded the quotes with better context, but Brian still said the "creepy" quote, among the other ones. I personally don't take offense to what Brian said (I have no idea the things I would say if I was quickly becoming famous), which is why I laid off joining earlier in the topic, but him saying his words were sensationalized is a bad excuse imo. The sentences in quotes are what he actually said... no getting around that.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:59 am

chaingangchorus wrote:
enola wrote:

Again: how would you know it's a direct quote? Because it is written black on white? It could be that he actually said it. Could be that he didn't.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:01 am

enola wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:
enola wrote:

Again: how would you know it's a direct quote? Because it is written black on white? It could be that he actually said it. Could be that he didn't.

If a writer makes up quotes they get in serious trouble... libel, etc. And if that were the case why wouldn't Brian come out and say that writer made stuff up?
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:18 am

NYYFAN523 wrote:
enola wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:
enola wrote:

If a writer makes up quotes they get in serious trouble... libel, etc. And if that were the case why wouldn't Brian come out and say that writer made stuff up?

To close it I only suggest to don't take everything you read for the truth.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:21 am

I mean Brian said what he said - no one's denying that - he just commented on how unfairly it was presented.
Ok I'm done.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:39 am

A direct quote is in quotation marks "....." if this was fabricated Brian would be suing them. My point is that it's not so much the context of the article but the actuall words of Brian and the consistency with which this topic has featured in recent interviews.

Man it's hard to move on haha but I'm bored in work Wink
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:13 am

For those of you that are worried. Whos to say the tweet was a reaction to anything on DSS, he could have got wind of it in other ways too. He always makes a point of saying he doesn't pay any attention to the internet.

I suppose it could the band or Mercury's PR guys saw the threads and got worried about a fan backlash. As Ive said before they will use our forum for resarch etc. They may have tipped Brian off thats all (for those worried that Brian read their posts directly)

I guess we'll never know though....
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:21 am

JackStreetcar wrote:
steph wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
Matt L wrote:
So the basic consensus of this thread is that Brian is creeped out by the act of being put on a pedestal and that Shelby's cute?

Basically.

I have to say...I'm glad I read this article, because Brian has never voiced his opinion on fan relations.

Seriously, this is the same guy that (before he met Eddie Vedder) said excitedly on a radio interview, "Ohhh and I bet he's a nice guy, too!" That's (generally speaking) all any fan of any band wants. We want to think that the people in the band are generally nice guys. Hey, Brian, you also wrote a love letter to Joe Strummer in the form of a song that some might find "creepy". Relax, dude.

And I know it's not the same thing, but I go outside and talk to audience members after a performance of a play. Every night. I had one of

f night where I needed to be alone, but even then I sucked it up enough to just say hi to the people that wanted to talk to me. I've had weird dudes follow me around afterward and girls hanging too close for comfort, but it's not a big deal, because MOST PEOPLE AREN'T LIKE THAT. They just want to show appreciation for your art. That's it.

EDIT: Also, am I reading that wrong or did he refer to Hot Water Music as part of the NJ punk scene?

"ohh and i bet he's a nice guy!", yet based off of one interivew, he's not a nice guy?

also, creepy? go fuck yourself. who care if Joe Strummer found that song creepy, what i find creepy, is that you are so deeply analyzing someone else's motives to search so deeply just to insult them.

oh you talk to "fans" of your "play"?? that's completely on par! cause not only do THAT MANY HORNY FUCKING TRANSPARENT PEOPLE want to talk to you as they do to Brian, but being in some minor league "play" is totally comparable to being in a band that is blowing up, popularity-wise. totally the same, you might as well be Brian Fucking Fallon Himself Shocked

You have very poor reading comprehension skills and you're reacting far too emotionally to a fairly well-reasoned post. I was calm when I wrote that, but somehow I imagine you digging your fingernails into each key, scratching off the F key in the process.

Hmm...I may fuck myself today. Depends how horny I get the rest of the morning. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted if it's that important to you, sugar.
This made me laf...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
clr
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:44 am

I still think the coverage of the women was sexist and condescending in the extreme. I'm more upset about THAT than anything Brian said. So if you're still here, how about not assuming motive in women at rock shows? IT'S 2012.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jukeboxgraduate.com/
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:20 pm

this forum has really went to shit.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:26 pm

I can't believe this thread is still going and that there's anything else to discuss about the matter.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:39 pm

stephendgaf wrote:
this forum has really went to shit.
could you please not swear? thanks.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:06 pm

good god the discussion is still happening! Sleep
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:08 pm

the word fuck was used how many times and i'm getting called out?
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:29 pm

stephendgaf wrote:
the word fuck was used how many times and i'm getting called out?
i don't think this is a vulgar forum. or maybe that's what you meant by the forum going to "sh*t". anyway i respect your opinion and all but i'd appreciate it if you could express it in a more tasteful manner from now on.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Mods this is one of those nasty bad boys you might wanna lock

~just sayin
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:

~just sayin

shit stirir!
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Labhras wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:

~just sayin

shit stirir!

think you could watch your language? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:42 pm

stephendgaf wrote:
Labhras wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:

~just sayin

shit stirir!

think you could watch your language? Very Happy
fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next