DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)

Go down 
+35
clr
Jerseyrain
NYYFAN523
azlisa
Labhras
Emusic
fullcollapse
simo
DiamondSinatra
bringiton
smetz224
bringiton_ty
dmac
OldManShoes3
SubconsciousRitual
Steve70s
NeverTrustAJunkie
MKULTRA
Jack
markbarlow
Michael Hann
Christophe
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
Klown
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
njguy99
The Angry Johnny Revue
enola
Holland
StitchesOnTheRadio
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:59 am

yeah but its not like he's just any average musician to me. and worship is a bit far but i look up tp the guys in the band i want to do what they do i want to be as cool as benny thats what i want to do i look up to them im not saying sorry for that.

i'll stick to the designated thread for now.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 am

Put this in the other thread...but I'll put it here as well..

People need to read this. There's a lot of it about Pearl Jam, but there's also a lot about stalkers and crazy folk that the band have to deal with.
http://www.fivehorizons.com/archive/articles/nme011798.shtml

Last edited by Klown on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
yeah but its not like he's just any average musician to me. and worship is a bit far but i look up tp the guys in the band i want to do what they do i want to be as cool as benny thats what i want to do i look up to them im not saying sorry for that.

but the fact that you look up to them...is your responsibility. it's not their responsibility to bear the burden of every person who worships them-- fuck, is that even humanly possible? you are responsible for your own actions as a human being, PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 am

steph wrote:
WingsForWheels wrote:

but the fact that you look up to them...is your responsibility. it's not their responsibility to bear the burden of every person who worships them-- fuck, is that even humanly possible? you are responsible for your own actions as a human being, PERIOD.

shiiiiiit i dont mean to be a burden i hope im not being a burden by looking up to them and wanting to say what the tunes mean to me. "i never got to tell him so i just wrote it down"... i hope i can actually tell him. i hope that doesnt piss him off too uch or put too much weight on his shoulders or anything.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:10 am

i feel like you're being uber-sarcastic, but idk what to say, cause i think you've been pretty nice thus far, so uhh... hey...
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:27 am

The Greek root for sarcasm, sarkazein, means to tear flesh like dogs. i don't think thats like me.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:41 am

steph wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
Matt L wrote:
So the basic consensus of this thread is that Brian is creeped out by the act of being put on a pedestal and that Shelby's cute?

Basically.

I have to say...I'm glad I read this article, because Brian has never voiced his opinion on fan relations.

Seriously, this is the same guy that (before he met Eddie Vedder) said excitedly on a radio interview, "Ohhh and I bet he's a nice guy, too!" That's (generally speaking) all any fan of any band wants. We want to think that the people in the band are generally nice guys. Hey, Brian, you also wrote a love letter to Joe Strummer in the form of a song that some might find "creepy". Relax, dude.

And I know it's not the same thing, but I go outside and talk to audience members after a performance of a play. Every night. I had one of

f night where I needed to be alone, but even then I sucked it up enough to just say hi to the people that wanted to talk to me. I've had weird dudes follow me around afterward and girls hanging too close for comfort, but it's not a big deal, because MOST PEOPLE AREN'T LIKE THAT. They just want to show appreciation for your art. That's it.

EDIT: Also, am I reading that wrong or did he refer to Hot Water Music as part of the NJ punk scene?

"ohh and i bet he's a nice guy!", yet based off of one interivew, he's not a nice guy?

also, creepy? go fuck yourself. who care if Joe Strummer found that song creepy, what i find creepy, is that you are so deeply analyzing someone else's motives to search so deeply just to insult them.

oh you talk to "fans" of your "play"?? that's completely on par! cause not only do THAT MANY HORNY FUCKING TRANSPARENT PEOPLE want to talk to you as they do to Brian, but being in some minor league "play" is totally comparable to being in a band that is blowing up, popularity-wise. totally the same, you might as well be Brian Fucking Fallon Himself Shocked
Exactly how much sand crawled up your vagina yesterday?

Disagreeing is one thing but there's no need to be a cunt.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:34 am

The way I see this whole thing is that Gaslight are preparing fans for the upcoming tours, they probably aren't saying these things randomly but are being prompted by the media to talk about how their relationship with fans will change due to their success. All interviews and articles need that interesting angle to work on. But I am not going to judge anyones personality from an article or interview.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:42 am

And I'll point out (though I promised myself I wouldn't get involved...argh)...

Brian continues to post on twitter and instagram. He's re-tweeting and responding to some fans' postings.
He clearly isn't dismissing his fans and - I dare to say - seems to appreciate some of the attention.

If he really didn't want to be that guy, he'd shut off (or make private) his online presence, and ask his wife to do the same. Whether he's genuinely conflicted I don't know, but wouldn't you be if you suddenly were being treated like the second coming?
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:04 am

The thing is though, he's not being treated like the second coming and never has been. I think this whole new attitude of "super fan and stalker paranoia" is so off the mark and I don't see why he is repeating it in interviews so much lately. Handwritten is already sinking in the album charts and will be nowhere to be seen in 4 weeks time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:14 am

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
The thing is though, he's not being treated like the second coming and never has been. I think this whole new attitude of "super fan and stalker paranoia" is so off the mark and I don't see why he is repeating it in interviews so much lately. Handwritten is already sinking in the album charts and will be nowhere to be seen in 4 weeks time.

I know--I don't get why it is constantly being talked about by the press or by the band.

I mean who does the press think TGA is,--some band thatsells out mid-size arenas or something? Question
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:32 am

Fallon was certainly grateful to the fans who caught him at Koko. No mention of keeping their distance then.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:41 am

People actually need to read the whole thread...or just look at this bit that the hack came in and posted...

Quote :
Now, as for the creepy bit … The band are obviously torn: a lot of our conversation steered itself - not at my behest - to their desire to remain approachable, but balancing that with the fact they are more and more popular and more and more people want to approach them. It's an almost impossible conundrum. To be an ordinary person you must be available to them; if you are available to them you become, necessarily, a celebrity, and you cease to be an ordinary person. Don't be angry at them for feeling caught.

...because some people are making absolute fools of themselves with some reactions in here.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:51 am

Klown wrote:
People actually need to read the whole thread...or just look at this bit that the hack came in and posted...

Quote :
Now, as for the creepy bit … The band are obviously torn: a lot of our conversation steered itself - not at my behest - to their desire to remain approachable, but balancing that with the fact they are more and more popular and more and more people want to approach them. It's an almost impossible conundrum. To be an ordinary person you must be available to them; if you are available to them you become, necessarily, a celebrity, and you cease to be an ordinary person. Don't be angry at them for feeling caught.

...because some people are making absolute fools of themselves with some reactions in here.

I disagree with that though - he is saying by acting normal they become celebrities when I feel they become celebrities when they decide to impose some barrier to fans talking to them.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:58 am

...and yet, there they are, still meeting people and still on Twitter and such. They owe noone here a thing, not even a handshake, this isn't the small clubs/venues any more, everything is multiplied quite a bit more now. The Belfast show where I hung around after for them, in 2010, had over 1,500 at it, after the show, there was easily a hundred or so people hanging around, the guys didn't come out to after 12, they must easily have been there til 1.30/2am. Imagine someone coming up to you after you had finished your job, a long day, and demanded more of your time. Me, I would tell them to get lost. Those size of shows are going to be every night now, people will still get to meet them, and do all that stuff I'm sure, but I think far too many people here are reading into a misleading article, and acting like little divas themselves.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:03 am

I was just disagreeing with the journalist to be honest. I'd rather bump into them down the pub watching England matches like a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:04 am

Honestly, and this isn't a dig at any one person in particular, I think some people aren't sure whether they are attacking the hack, or Brian...

It's a discussion that will go round and round, but at the end of the day, it's a 2 1/2 hour conversation, that none of us will ever know what was truly said and in what context.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 am

There's only one person coming across badly in all of this. I think everyone else is being pretty decent and articulating their opinions well.

Some have disagreed with Brian's attitude that has been conveyed in various recent articles. So what? It's the people shouting them down and telling them to go fuck themselves that are bang out of order.

Why you continue to post links to articles backing you up as if it makes you right is beyond me. You said it yourself it's a debate that will go round and round. No one is right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:17 am

I posted one link...that was related to a similar situation, by someone that Brian looks upto. If anything it's a better way to see maybe were Brians thoughts/actions/meanings and maybe were his train of thought is coming from.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:19 am

Well if your suggesting Brian is copying Vedders "paranoid recluse" stage then your probably right Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:20 am

I'm confused now - do I boycott TGA when I DJ tonight in town or not? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:23 am

I wouldn't really call it paranoid, due to the fact that a fan crashed their car into his front wall, and got up to all sorts of crazy shit...

Plus if you've met some of those fans...
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:25 am

Yeah and look what happened when John Lennon ended his spell as a virtual recluse.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:27 am

Which kinda suggests that Vedder has reason to be afraid, can't say I recall Brian having similar issues haha My point is it's a non issue for Gaslight as they aren't a famous band.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

steph wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
Matt L wrote:
So the basic consensus of this thread is that Brian is creeped out by the act of being put on a pedestal and that Shelby's cute?

Basically.

I have to say...I'm glad I read this article, because Brian has never voiced his opinion on fan relations.

Seriously, this is the same guy that (before he met Eddie Vedder) said excitedly on a radio interview, "Ohhh and I bet he's a nice guy, too!" That's (generally speaking) all any fan of any band wants. We want to think that the people in the band are generally nice guys. Hey, Brian, you also wrote a love letter to Joe Strummer in the form of a song that some might find "creepy". Relax, dude.

And I know it's not the same thing, but I go outside and talk to audience members after a performance of a play. Every night. I had one of

f night where I needed to be alone, but even then I sucked it up enough to just say hi to the people that wanted to talk to me. I've had weird dudes follow me around afterward and girls hanging too close for comfort, but it's not a big deal, because MOST PEOPLE AREN'T LIKE THAT. They just want to show appreciation for your art. That's it.

EDIT: Also, am I reading that wrong or did he refer to Hot Water Music as part of the NJ punk scene?

"ohh and i bet he's a nice guy!", yet based off of one interivew, he's not a nice guy?

also, creepy? go fuck yourself. who care if Joe Strummer found that song creepy, what i find creepy, is that you are so deeply analyzing someone else's motives to search so deeply just to insult them.

oh you talk to "fans" of your "play"?? that's completely on par! cause not only do THAT MANY HORNY FUCKING TRANSPARENT PEOPLE want to talk to you as they do to Brian, but being in some minor league "play" is totally comparable to being in a band that is blowing up, popularity-wise. totally the same, you might as well be Brian Fucking Fallon Himself Shocked

You have very poor reading comprehension skills and you're reacting far too emotionally to a fairly well-reasoned post. I was calm when I wrote that, but somehow I imagine you digging your fingernails into each key, scratching off the F key in the process.

Hmm...I may fuck myself today. Depends how horny I get the rest of the morning. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted if it's that important to you, sugar.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next