DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)

Go down 
+34
clr
Jerseyrain
NYYFAN523
azlisa
Labhras
Emusic
fullcollapse
simo
DiamondSinatra
bringiton
smetz224
bringiton_ty
dmac
OldManShoes3
SubconsciousRitual
Steve70s
NeverTrustAJunkie
MKULTRA
Jack
Michael Hann
Christophe
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
Klown
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
njguy99
The Angry Johnny Revue
enola
Holland
StitchesOnTheRadio
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Hmmm..

And as the Gaslight Anthem, unusually for a straightahead rock band, get bigger and bigger and bigger – their fourth album, Handwritten, entered the UK charts at No 2 and the US charts at No 3 – so Fallon finds the expectations and demands of their fans more and more difficult to meet. As guitarist Alex Rosamilia explains in the cool of their tourbus earlier that day: "We come from that school where we don't believe we're different from you and it's insulting to me on some kind of weird level that musicians are put on a pedestal."

"You were born with that talent," Fallon expands. "The best thing you could ever say to your credit is you refined it a little. Fans look up to us and that's creepy. It's kind of this huge thing of idolising and hero worship and – people say – religious experience. But they crucified Jesus! They shot John Lennon! I'm not looking for that kind of thing, I'm not into this." He laughs, to show he is not comparing himself to Jesus, and blows cigarette smoke out of the bus window.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/aug/09/gaslight-anthem-fans-look-up-creepy?newsfeed=true

Last edited by bobbyw24 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:12 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
Hmmm..

And as the Gaslight Anthem, unusually for a straightahead rock band, get bigger and bigger and bigger – their fourth album, Handwritten, entered the UK charts at No 2 and the US charts at No 3 – so Fallon finds the expectations and demands of their fans more and more difficult to meet. As guitarist Alex Rosamilia explains in the cool of their tourbus earlier that day: "We come from that school where we don't believe we're different from you and it's insulting to me on some kind of weird level that musicians are put on a pedestal."

"You were born with that talent," Fallon expands. "The best thing you could ever say to your credit is you refined it a little. Fans look up to us and that's creepy. It's kind of this huge thing of idolising and hero worship and – people say – religious experience. But they crucified Jesus! They shot John Lennon! I'm not looking for that kind of thing, I'm not into this." He laughs, to show he is not comparing himself to Jesus, and blows cigarette smoke out of the bus window.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/aug/09/gaslight-anthem-fans-look-up-creepy?newsfeed=true

Good piece. One of the few recent articles that I didn't feel like I had already read before.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:35 pm

EDIT: This and most of my subsequent posts on this subject should be disregard because sleep deprivation makes me overreact on the internet.

I resent this! I was one of those girls in the front and I talked with most of the other girls. I'm 99% sure none of us were teenagers, in fact most of us were over 21 thank you very much!

Also, okay as much as I defended Brian in the rolling stone thread, now I'm getting pissed. We're not a bunch of stupid kids who think they're gods. And I waited to get in the front row because I'm short and I want to be able to see/not get crushed in the middle of the crowd somewhere. This is seriously making me say "maybe I won't go at all next time". I'm more pissed at the reviewer though for turning us into Justin Bieber fans essentially.

The rest of the article was interesting at least. Shrewsbury is right that it didn't feel like everything else.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Good lord did Brian fire his press manager, I don't know what he wants to achieve by saying these things.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I resent this! I was one of those girls in the front and I talked with most of the other girls. I'm 99% sure none of us were teenagers, in fact most of us were over 21 thank you very much!

Also, okay as much as I defended Brian in the rolling stone thread, now I'm getting pissed. We're not a bunch of stupid kids who think they're gods. And I waited to get in the front row because I'm short and I want to be able to see/not get crushed in the middle of the crowd somewhere. This is seriously making me say "maybe I won't go at all next time". I'm more pissed at the reviewer though for turning us into Justin Bieber fans essentially.

The rest of the article was interesting at least. Shrewsbury is right that it didn't feel like everything else.

Shelby, I think it's so cool that you can act out the lyrics using only your facial muscles. That's talent. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

I was in the front row at almost every Gaslight gig I've been so far but I'm certainly not in my mid teens nor am I in love with Brian Wink That's why I don't even feel they are talking about me. Also Shelby - if I am not mistaken - this paragraph was an observation from the author of the article not the band.

So what exactly is wrong with that:
We come from that school where we don't believe we're different from you

Last edited by enola on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Shelby, I think it's so cool that you can act out the lyrics using only your facial muscles. That's talent. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Haha that person wasn't me. But I know who it was.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:12 pm

enola wrote:

I was in the front row at almost every Gaslight gig I've been so far but I'm certainly not in my mid teens. That's why I don't even feel they are talking about me. Also Shelby that is - if I am not mistaken - this paragraph was an observation from the author of the article not the band.

So what exactly is wrong with that?

I thought Shelby was referring to this quote:

"Fans look up to us and that's creepy. It's kind of this huge thing of idolising and hero worship and – people say – religious experience. But they crucified Jesus! They shot John Lennon! I'm not looking for that kind of thing, I'm not into this."

I actually think this was tongue in cheek.

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Probably one of the best articles I've read about them this year, it gave a lot of insight into the bands background that I didn't know about. But seriously Brian stop being such a little bitch.

Last edited by The Angry Johnny Revue on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

enola wrote:

I was in the front row at almost every Gaslight gig I've been so far but I'm certainly not in my mid teens. That's why I don't even feel they are talking about me. Also Shelby that is - if I am not mistaken - this paragraph was an observation from the author of the article not the band.

Yes did like the bit about what they were like in High School, that was cool.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm

enola wrote:

No no no, I understand that. I'm mostly pissed at the person who wrote the article. And there's nothing wrong with that quote. It's the rest of it. I know what they're getting at (which I stated in the RS article thread) but for fans who do idolize them, it's insulting and unfair to call them creepy. And I wish they'd realize we want them to be on the same level as us, like they say they want to be. But how do we show them that? Are we supposed to ignore them? We respect them, we want to meet them, and we admire what they do but that doesn't mean we put them on a pedestal. I know they're not talking about me if I don't do those things but they would think they're talking about me because they probably think waiting in line really early = thinks their gods. It doesn't. And this goes for anyone who has shown a lot of appreciation.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:17 pm

What a great article. Really insightful.

I also like Shelby's posted response on the site Very Happy

Enough ink has been spilled on Brian's love-hate relationship with the fans, so I'll leave that alone.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
enola wrote:

"Fans look up to us and that's creepy. It's kind of this huge thing of idolising and hero worship and – people say – religious experience. But they crucified Jesus! They shot John Lennon! I'm not looking for that kind of thing, I'm not into this."

Yeah I was referring to that and the rest of the one alex said. I'm sure the second part was tongue and cheek but seriously the first part? Enough of calling people "creepy".
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 pm

njguy99 wrote:
What a great article. Really insightful.

I also like Shelby's posted response on the site Very Happy

Enough ink has been spilled on Brian's love-hate relationship with the fans, so I'll leave that alone.

Haha, you're a smarter person than I.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
enola wrote:

Yeah I was referring to that and the rest of the one alex said. I'm sure the second part was tongue and cheek but seriously the first part? Enough of calling people "creepy".

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Shelby is the kind of girl I would keep away from when she is mad. I feel like when she is angry.....she turns green.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:21 pm

njguy99 wrote:

Did I miss something? Where have people been discussing this?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

In the Rolling Stone Q&A thread, I meant. There's enough fighting going on there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:25 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

In the Rolling Stone Q&A thread, I meant. There's enough fighting going on there. Very Happy

I was just kidding dude.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

I was just kidding dude.

And let the fight begin! lol!

I can never tell with you Eamonn... you're far too droll...
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:28 pm

This article does back up a lot of the points made in the Rolling Stone Q+A thread. I know the creepy quote is said in a seemingly tongue in cheek manner but that doesn't mean he doesn't actually mean it.

Are they trying to sabotage their careers? haha they are not a big band. They are a cult band based on a hardcore following of fans. Lately they have decided to target the fans and label them "creepy". It's all a bit confusing...

Hey Brian! Take your own advice and turn the record over. This is getting weirder by the day haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:30 pm

I really enjoyed Handwritten. Sink or Swim is my favourite album though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:33 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Shelby is the kind of girl I would keep away from when she is mad. I feel like when she is angry.....she turns green.

Hahaha, I'm pretty scary when I get pissed. But I also calm down pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:35 pm

...or maybe Brian meant that he still views himself as a regular guy and it's creepy to be put up on a pedestal like that and to be treated in a certain way, not that the fans are creepy.

but then, that's the less sensational take on it, so i suppose that doesn't make any sense Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:37 pm

steph wrote:

...or maybe Brian meant that he still views himself as a regular guy and it's creepy to be put up on a pedestal like that and to be treated in a certain way, not that the fans are creepy.

but then, that's the less sensational take on it, so i suppose that doesn't make any sense Rolling Eyes

You stop with this sensible talk young lady, we will have none of it round here!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)   The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem Tweet Claifies Recent Media Coverage (formerly Fans Look Up to Us : Creepy)
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next