DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you either love them or hate them?

Go down 
+13
NeverTrustAJunkie
Labhras
Casey
plugga
Jack
gking92
Harbortown
Jerseyrain
Holland
steady now steady now
Klown
White Man In Hammersmith
AGoodTime
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

Do you either love them or hate them? Empty
PostSubject: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:36 am

If any of the guys do go on this forum, I'd feel a bit better if they didn't read this...

I'm posting this because two really strange things happened to me:

1) I woke up on my sister's birthday (in April) and suddenly remembered that I didn't have a present for her. Panicking, I grabbed the nearest clothes to me, plain jeans, a 59 Sound t-shirt and my Gaslight hoodie. I brought her a clock as was just walking out into the shop-lined high street when a man who was probably around the age of 25 walked up to me. (I'm a 16 year old girl who looks about 14). He gave off a slightly creepy vibe, the sort of thing where you'd cross the street to avoid him.
Creep: (quickly) If I was alone in a room with that dickhead, I'd snap his fingers, kick his face in, crush his ribs and cut his dick off and mount it to my wall as a trophy. (Or words to that effect.)
I checked in the shop window opposite quickly, there was no one stood behind me and I'm wishing I'd charged up my phone.
Me: (I've been brought up to be polite) Excuse me?
Creep: Fallon.
And he walked off. The moment he was out of sight I took my hoodie off and shoved it in my bag. Then went into the changing rooms of a charity shop and took my t-shirt off and put it on back to front. Then I went home as fast my limp would carry me.
Anyway, my sister liked her clock. I had some pretty disturbing dreams that night.

Second one:

The local park was opening and I went up there with a friend. I was wearing this time a new dress with my hoodie over the top. Being in an area with lots of people agitates me after a while so I (alone) took a walk through the Pet Grave Yard that our town has. This man, probably late thirties this time, walked up to me.
Creep 2: Hello
Me: Hey...
Creep 2: I wouldn't kill Fallon. I'd kill the rest of them first. Slowly. I know how painful it is to lose a friend.
Me: (Backing away and damning being polite) What the fuck?
Creep 2: I hope someone rapes his wife.
I ran. Fast. But I didn't see that guy for the rest of the opening.

Yet on holiday a man came up to me and said, "I like your t-shirt. I love those guys, Handwritten's going be great." And then walked off. (Thank you that guy, you restored some of my faith in Humanity.) And there's 2212 people on here that love them (Possibly a bit too much)

My first question is what has Brian/Gaslight ever done wrong that could make people hate them?

Second is are they a either you love them or you hate them sort of thing?

My mum is kind of in between, well, she listened to them but also calls them "The Springsteen Tribute Band" Instead of The Gaslight Anthem.

Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 am

Ummmm, were these dreams or...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:43 am

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
Ummmm, were these dreams or...?

Nightmares would probably be a better term. Brian had been murdered and I was sat watching the very gruesome news report on it. I'm never gunna forget that.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 am

I don't mean to be rude, or disrespectful, but I've read that twice now, and I still don't know what I've read...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:48 am

Klown wrote:
I don't mean to be rude, or disrespectful, but I've read that twice now, and I still don't know what I've read...

Okay, basically, I've met two people who hate, and I mean HATE, The Gaslight Anthem and one person who loves them. No one really in between. So I'm wondering if TGA are mainly a either you love them or you hate them band.
No offence taken. I had about an hour of sleep last night, I doubt my writing is at it's best.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:51 am

I think it's honestly down to different people, different times and places. What I mean is, you could be living in a town 10 miles across, and find different people with different thoughts than what you encounter now. I know plenty of people that are indifferent to them, but don't hate them, and I know plenty of people that love them. That's in my town alone. Either way, who cares? If you like something, go enjoy it, and don't take time to dwell on what others may or may not think. If you do dwell on stuff like that, you're only ruining it for yourself.

Last edited by Klown on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 am

There are also people who just like to go up to other people and say something outrageous. Some guy once came up to me and said "Your father has AIDS" and walked off. So if you had worn an Usher shirt, the same may have happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:09 am

There is certainly some weird topics on this board these days, I remember when it used to be about sharing gig experiences and other music that we like. It seems now all I see is 'should such guy be in the band' , people don't like Gaslight 'how is this possible?'. Who cares, you like a band thats it! They just make music that for some reason you enjoy and other people don't. Accept it and move on.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:52 am

Holland wrote:
There is certainly some weird topics on this board these days, I remember when it used to be about sharing gig experiences and other music that we like. It seems now all I see is 'should such guy be in the band' , people don't like Gaslight 'how is this possible?'. Who cares, you like a band thats it! They just make music that for some reason you enjoy and other people don't. Accept it and move on.

There are so many topics created these days (not necessarilly this one ebcause at least it relates to the band) that are just totally random and they cover up some of the interesting Gaslight topics in the portal's recent topics column. I kinda wish people would start talking just about the band and music rather than just nonsense sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 am

Holland wrote:

Well, I pretty much got my answer anyway. So, was anyone else at the last Revival Tour in England? Brian and Dave did a competition to see who could make the other laugh first. This happened: https://imgur.com/96SGJ

Also, my question wasn't "how is that possible?" part of it was, "Why that much?" I completely get how it's possible.

Last edited by AGoodTime on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 am

I don't think they're one of those bands that you either love or hate.

I know a lot of people who think they're just "meh" but none that hate them.
Back to top Go down
gking92
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gking92

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:21 am

I don't personally see them as love or hate.

For instance, considering how much I play them these days, my brother's not commented on them at all. Usually if he hates something I'm listening to he'll tell me so but he hasn't asked me to tell him more about them so he can't really like them either (his loss I guess Razz).
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_King1992
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 am

Unfortunately it seems the opposite to me. A lot of people I've introduced them to have a very "meh" reaction. Like, they don't DISLIKE them, but they don't love them either.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:38 am

...and thus is the beauty of it all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, would be boring if we all liked the same thing. What is annoying though, is the people that get bent out of shape, when people don't show the same reaction, that they do, to the thing that they love. Those type of people need locked up.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:43 am

steady now steady now wrote:
There are also people who just like to go up to other people and say something outrageous. Some guy once came up to me and said "Your father has AIDS" and walked off. So if you had worn an Usher shirt, the same may have happened.

Well they have got some issues those people, not really the kind of people you want to listen to for a credible opinion.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:45 am

what. the. fuck.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:30 am

plugga wrote:

what. the. fuck.

I know...right?!

Wearing an Usher shirt.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:49 am

Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:

what. the. fuck.

I know...right?!

Wearing an Usher shirt.

ahahah shut up gordon!
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:13 pm

This seems like a giant grab for attention, especially starting the thread with telling the band not to read it.
You can find people that hate any band on the planet...

Do you either love them or hate them? Img-nothing-to-see-here-174
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:01 pm

AGoodTime wrote:
If any of the guys do go on this forum, I'd feel a bit better if they didn't read this...

1) I woke up on my sister's birthday (in April) and suddenly remembered that I didn't have a present for her. Panicking, I grabbed the nearest clothes to me, plain jeans, a 59 Sound t-shirt and my Gaslight hoodie. I brought her a clock as was just walking out into the shop-lined high street when a man who was probably around the age of 25 walked up to me. (I'm a 16 year old girl who looks about 14). He gave off a slightly creepy vibe, the sort of thing where you'd cross the street to avoid him.
Creep: (quickly) If I was alone in a room with that dickhead, I'd snap his fingers, kick his face in, crush his ribs and cut his dick off and mount it to my wall as a trophy. (Or words to that effect.)
I checked in the shop window opposite quickly, there was no one stood behind me and I'm wishing I'd charged up my phone.
And he walked off. The moment he was out of sight I took my hoodie off and shoved it in my bag. Then went into the changing rooms of a charity shop and took my t-shirt off and put it on back to front. Then I went home as fast my limp would carry me.
Anyway, my sister liked her clock. I had some pretty disturbing dreams that night.

Second one:

The local park was opening and I went up there with a friend. I was wearing this time a new dress with my hoodie over the top. Being in an area with lots of people agitates me after a while so I (alone) took a walk through the Pet Grave Yard that our town has. This man, probably late thirties this time, walked up to me.
Creep 2: I wouldn't kill Fallon. I'd kill the rest of them first. Slowly. I know how painful it is to lose a friend.

Yet on holiday a man came up to me and said, "I like your t-shirt. I love those guys, Handwritten's going be great." And then walked off. (Thank you that guy, you restored some of my faith in Humanity.) And there's 2212 people on here that love them (Possibly a bit too much)

My first question is what has Brian/Gaslight ever done wrong that could make people hate them?

My mum is kind of in between, well, she listened to them but also calls them "The Springsteen Tribute Band" Instead of The Gaslight Anthem.

where the fuck do you live?
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Labhras wrote:
AGoodTime wrote:

Second one:

where the fuck do you live?
not that i actually want to know where you live but it sound like a peculiar part of the world
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 pm

I know one person that hates Gaslight. He's an alcoholic drug addict. True story.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Does noone else care that people own Usher shirts?
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 pm

bounce

Last edited by Staylucky43 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:30 pm

That's rubbish, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you either love them or hate them?   Do you either love them or hate them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you either love them or hate them?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next