DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012

Go down 
+51
moosicmaniac
skapunkphotos
rumham
dmac
Zach_Edelman
Sally
Little Eden
GlennR
Bea
IKeeptheDiner
JJW319
BossTime
pleasepassthesoup
Shorestyle69
Jerseyrain
cruzila
fatbench
eagles1139
kissthebottle
RoadZombie84
prettyontheinsidex
Rizz
Emusic
bakerfall
DaleCooper
damianfazz007
moreblue
Velocity
saltandburn1967
nfaulk20
anthony27
Mary Ann
JacksSmirkingRevenge
cephcarn4
The Angry Johnny Revue
ral
bt211
acousticbandit
big blue
RandyMachoManCabbage
MikeSig
StitchesOnTheRadio
A_Regular
Breanne
DiamondSinatra
xstevenbx
NeverTrustAJunkie
SirBrad
NYYFAN523
Shrewsbury_Stars
njguy99
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:
Was anyone from this board outside the venue when the entire band came out and talked to the fans?!?

I was, I was wearing the shark's tee with the sleeves cut off, I think I saw you from looking at your avatar

...and i remember YOU from your tattoo! because, one of my band mates (and best friends) has a very similar tattoo - we saw you pointing it out to benny..

Which one? The 33RPM one?
YEAH! The one in your avatar! I'm trying to find a way to post a link to my friend's tattoo but I can't find a picture.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:07 pm

I saw the Dropkick Murphys March of 2011 and a big drunk guy wearing a kilt crowd surfed....okay, whatever.....BUT HE WASNT WEARING UNDERWEAR Crying or Very sad

no bueno.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:10 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:
Was anyone from this board outside the venue when the entire band came out and talked to the fans?!?

I was, I was wearing the shark's tee with the sleeves cut off, I think I saw you from looking at your avatar

...and i remember YOU from your tattoo! because, one of my band mates (and best friends) has a very similar tattoo - we saw you pointing it out to benny..

YEAH! The one in your avatar! I'm trying to find a way to post a link to my friend's tattoo but I can't find a picture.

Ah sweet, I would like to see it if you can find a picture
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2090415262374&set=a.1230767371714.2032472.1305027328&type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Just posted my article about the show:
http://www.examiner.com/article/concert-review-the-gaslight-anthem-celebrate-cd-release-at-webster-hall

Ad-free photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157630755861696/
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/article/concert-review-the-gaslight-anthem-celebrate-cd-release-at-webster-hall

Ad-free photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157630755861696/

Nice review! And despite the bad lighting, you got some really good pics too...
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:57 pm

njguy99 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Nice review! And despite the bad lighting, you got some really good pics too...

I second that. "Magical" really is the only way to describe the opening performance of Mae. The vibe was almost dream-like.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks! Yeh I pretty much didn't pick up my camera until a few songs into the set!

I was genuinely surprised they opened like that. After Dave I felt the energy rising in the room and I thought "Am I gonna have to move to the back?" but then they did Mae and I was like "Niiice!"
Back to top Go down
kissthebottle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Does anyone have a video of Mae? It was a pretty epic opener!
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 pm

I would love to see a video, but suspect that it may have been too dark for anything to show up. Maybe we would get a cool silohuette of the band against the starry backdrop. What i really want is a live recording of this show, as the setlist was nothing short of amazing.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:58 pm

kissthebottle wrote:
Does anyone have a video of Mae? It was a pretty epic opener!

Well there was a guy next to me taping EVERYTHING. So hopefully he'll upload his stuff. Though I agree with big blue- when I say minimal lighting I mean that you couldn't even see their faces.

Meanwhile I totally forgot they actually played Webster Hall before. But that was before I was completely under their spell Sad
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:52 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

I was. Although both Alex's split pretty fast. Brian looked pretty beat again (glad he found energy during the show). But I talked to Benny for like a half hour (i think, i'm bad at judging time) and that was a blast.

How much longer do you think they can come out and see fans? when do they do it?

Ive been to 4 shows now, mostly with a friend or 2, and none of them like hanging out after the show, so I always leave pretty early. its kind of a bummer cuz gaslight has been my favorite band for about 4 years now, and i'd love to tell the guys how much i appreciate their music after going about 5 years before them not really listening to almost anything new that was any good.

i just think once this CD hits big theyll be playing bigger venues and they sorta become a different band.

everything ive heard about these guys are how awesome they are, would love to meet them.

also agree with most people about the crowd surfing. i refuse to help carry them. but at same time i get why they like it.

however i am one of those people that likes to stand their and enjoy the music. im not big on jumping up and down and screaming, mostly cuz i dont want to get tired as i just want to enjoy the music. doesnt make me a bad person either.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:00 am

I don't think there's a set rule for anyone about meeting fans once they reach a certain level of fame if that's what you mean. I met Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins after their Beacon show and it doesn't get much bigger than Foo Fighters. If a band doesn't meet fans after a show it's either because they took off to do something more important, the venue setup doesn't allow for it (like at an arena where the buses are gated off) or else they're simply not comfortable doing the post-show fan chats outside, which obviously isn't a problem with Gaslight Smile
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:42 am

damianfazz007 wrote:
I am new to this board and am a really big fan. This was the first show I got a chance to see and the crowd was far more tame than I expected. When I watch old videos of them circa 59' sound and Sink or Swim the crowd surfing, pitting and stage dives are abundant. I thought it was weird that I was the first person to make it to the stage and dive off during 59' sound. But I guess I am in the minority here when it comes to what a punk/rock show should be like.

The thing about it is, a lot of their music has strayed from "punk" and as a result, they've pulled in a large audience of people who wouldn't otherwise go to a punk show, or would, but wouldn't be diehard fans and so they'd stay away from the chaos.

These guys make music to listen to, not just to use as background for going nuts. Maybe I'm in the minority but I know I'm not alone in disliking crowdsurfing. If I weren't getting kicked in the head all night I wouldn't care. But I love this freakin band and when I go to a show I wanna hear the music and get as close as possible (after I've earned it, baking in the sun all day) without walking away with a concussion. My head almost got slammed into the barrier a few times when crowdsurfers came over.

I'm all for a party but there's no need for assholes (not calling you one) and there's no need for it to get dangerous. A girl my size should be able to be up front without being in decent amount of danger. What I did was flat out stupid given the way people act, but I took the risk anyway and I got lucky. If this were The Bouncing Souls or Metallica or something in between I'd stay in the balcony and not think excessive crowd-surfing or moshing was over the top.

I don't mean to rant or lecture, I just want to make my POV clear.

I'm such an in-betweener on this subject.
I'm not a fan of crowd surfers as a spectator, because I feel like I should be busy enjoying myself rather than be preoccupied about whether I'm going to get hit in the head or have someone's entire body land on my neck if I'm not looking backwards.

I also go into a show expecting to be pushed around, especially because I generally come out early and stand at the barrier... You're going to get pushed and squished, it goes without saying. Sometimes you have to push back a little to ease it up.
I "embrace" getting pushed around, if it is... warranted. Back in 2010, I got my face bashed directly into the stage when they performed at River Stage in Philly. I know nobody did it on purpose, it was just an unfortunate circumstance...
However, I'm getting progressively more and more annoyed by the people who act obnoxious and try to disturb people for the soul purpose of getting up front. I think fans should respect one another and let people enjoy the show that we all came to see. Sing your heart out and move - that's cool, but when your actions are aimed at annoying another fan - that's where I draw the line.
I'm definitely guilty of having an arm hit someone in the head and whatnot and always make an effort to apologize.
Mehh! If only there could be a perfect utopian Gaslight Anthem concert, where the entire crowd has a good energy but don't disrespect one another... flower
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:44 am

yankeefan6493 wrote:

In reference to your other post, yeah I was definitely right next to you the whole show. I met the guys after the Convention Hall show in Asbury but couldn't stay after on Tuesday cause I had a train to catch Sad Hopefully they come to Jersey in November so I can drive to a show and wait around afterwards.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:57 am

nosirimokay wrote:
damianfazz007 wrote:
I am new to this board and am a really big fan. This was the first show I got a chance to see and the crowd was far more tame than I expected. When I watch old videos of them circa 59' sound and Sink or Swim the crowd surfing, pitting and stage dives are abundant. I thought it was weird that I was the first person to make it to the stage and dive off during 59' sound. But I guess I am in the minority here when it comes to what a punk/rock show should be like.

The thing about it is, a lot of their music has strayed from "punk" and as a result, they've pulled in a large audience of people who wouldn't otherwise go to a punk show, or would, but wouldn't be diehard fans and so they'd stay away from the chaos.

These guys make music to listen to, not just to use as background for going nuts. Maybe I'm in the minority but I know I'm not alone in disliking crowdsurfing. If I weren't getting kicked in the head all night I wouldn't care. But I love this freakin band and when I go to a show I wanna hear the music and get as close as possible (after I've earned it, baking in the sun all day) without walking away with a concussion. My head almost got slammed into the barrier a few times when crowdsurfers came over.

I'm all for a party but there's no need for assholes (not calling you one) and there's no need for it to get dangerous. A girl my size should be able to be up front without being in decent amount of danger. What I did was flat out stupid given the way people act, but I took the risk anyway and I got lucky. If this were The Bouncing Souls or Metallica or something in between I'd stay in the balcony and not think excessive crowd-surfing or moshing was over the top.

I don't mean to rant or lecture, I just want to make my POV clear.

I'm such an in-betweener on this subject.
I'm not a fan of crowd surfers as a spectator, because I feel like I should be busy enjoying myself rather than be preoccupied about whether I'm going to get hit in the head or have someone's entire body land on my neck if I'm not looking backwards.

I also go into a show expecting to be pushed around, especially because I generally come out early and stand at the barrier... You're going to get pushed and squished, it goes without saying. Sometimes you have to push back a little to ease it up.
I "embrace" getting pushed around, if it is... warranted. Back in 2010, I got my face bashed directly into the stage when they performed at River Stage in Philly. I know nobody did it on purpose, it was just an unfortunate circumstance...
However, I'm getting progressively more and more annoyed by the people who act obnoxious and try to disturb people for the soul purpose of getting up front. I think fans should respect one another and let people enjoy the show that we all came to see. Sing your heart out and move - that's cool, but when your actions are aimed at annoying another fan - that's where I draw the line.
I'm definitely guilty of having an arm hit someone in the head and whatnot and always make an effort to apologize.
Mehh! If only there could be a perfect utopian Gaslight Anthem concert, where the entire crowd has a good energy but don't disrespect one another... flower

Haha, I agree with everything you said.
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:07 am

NYYFAN523 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

In reference to your other post, yeah I was definitely right next to you the whole show. I met the guys after the Convention Hall show in Asbury but couldn't stay after on Tuesday cause I had a train to catch Sad Hopefully they come to Jersey in November so I can drive to a show and wait around afterwards.

dude i met them after convention hall also... i think we talked then as well!
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:37 am

yankeefan6493 wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

dude i met them after convention hall also... i think we talked then as well!

Yeah and you gave Brian your cd! Small world lol.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Just to add on to what Shelby said, it was worth every frustration. And to clarify screamed at that girl to "shut the fuck up" and I didn't think twice before doing so! Brian was talking and smiled at me for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:27 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2090415262374&set=a.1230767371714.2032472.1305027328&type=3&theater

It wont load that page
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:03 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:
Just to add on to what Shelby said, it was worth every frustration. And to clarify screamed at that girl to "shut the fuck up" and I didn't think twice before doing so! Brian was talking and smiled at me for that.
i definitely heard you say that but didn't know why, but kudos to you, i would've done the same thing.

i hate when people complain or get bored about slow songs at concerts, slow songs always sound 10x more amazing live
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:46 am

chaingangchorus wrote:

We all as DSS should continue to do this kind of thing. We can shut these people up, there's no need for Brian to have to stick up for himself when there's plenty of us to stop the problem before it starts. But you gotta do it with the same scary intensity that Rob did. I was far less intimidating when I shouted it, haha.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:59 am

I attempted the Gossip Girl chant at the show, but got no results :[ I guess I'm not loud enough
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 am

Breanne wrote:
I attempted the Gossip Girl chant at the show, but got no results :[ I guess I'm not loud enough

Was that just after Brian sang "Songs for Teenagers?" I heard something and was about to start chanting, but then they launched into the encore...
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question but does anyone know what song Dave Hause closed his set with when the guys for GA joined him?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next