DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012

Go down 
+51
moosicmaniac
skapunkphotos
rumham
dmac
Zach_Edelman
Sally
Little Eden
GlennR
Bea
IKeeptheDiner
JJW319
BossTime
pleasepassthesoup
Shorestyle69
Jerseyrain
cruzila
fatbench
eagles1139
kissthebottle
RoadZombie84
prettyontheinsidex
Rizz
Emusic
bakerfall
DaleCooper
damianfazz007
moreblue
Velocity
saltandburn1967
nfaulk20
anthony27
Mary Ann
JacksSmirkingRevenge
cephcarn4
The Angry Johnny Revue
ral
bt211
acousticbandit
big blue
RandyMachoManCabbage
MikeSig
StitchesOnTheRadio
A_Regular
Breanne
DiamondSinatra
xstevenbx
NeverTrustAJunkie
SirBrad
NYYFAN523
Shrewsbury_Stars
njguy99
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:24 am

njguy99 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Or you could go to a UPS store and buy a poster tube for $5.00 and that'll protect 'em.

True - but what do we do with the poster tube during the show? bounce

Just hold it.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

Anyone know what the barrier/stage height is like at Webster Hall?

It depends on the show. For some shows there's no barrier and you're right up against the stage. I'm not sure how they decide whether to use barriers or not. Good luck getting up front. If you wait on line that long you definitely deserve it.
Back to top Go down
MikeSig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MikeSig

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Anyone know what the barrier/stage height is like at Webster Hall?

It depends on the show. For some shows there's no barrier and you're right up against the stage. I'm not sure how they decide whether to use barriers or not. Good luck getting up front. If you wait on line that long you definitely deserve it.

From past experience, it seems to be based on whether they think there will be crowdsurfers. There's been a barricade up for every punk show I've been to there, so I'm assuming there will be one for Gaslight.

Also, one good thing about Webster (again from past experience with other bands) is that it seems less people show up early than to other venues in the area. I'm thinking it's because so many tickets are comps, and those people are not the type to stand around waiting for the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/MikeSig
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:56 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Breanne wrote:
What time has gaslight been playing until at other shows. I need to get a train at 11:52pm, do you think that'll be ok?

I think you should be ok. Assuming they go on between 9-9:30, I think the latest Gaslight would end is 11:00-11:30. 20 minutes, while cutting it close, is probably enough time to get back over to Penn Station/Grand Central. If they do go til 11:30, I'd get a cab to whatever station you're going to, because late at night the subways run a LOT less frequently.

I just got back from Cambridge where they went on I think a bit befoe 9:!5 and ended at like 10:45. It wasn't super long I think mainly because they could probably tell the crowd was beat. Still epic though (see my post in that shows thread if you want details). As long as the train is close by (and maybe even if it's not) you won't have a problem.

Alright cool! The train is at 11:52 and then the next one after that isn't until almost 1:30. And taking a cab all the way back to Hamilton NJ would be wicked pricey
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
MikeSig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MikeSig

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:58 am

Breanne wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Breanne wrote:
What time has gaslight been playing until at other shows. I need to get a train at 11:52pm, do you think that'll be ok?

I think you should be ok. Assuming they go on between 9-9:30, I think the latest Gaslight would end is 11:00-11:30. 20 minutes, while cutting it close, is probably enough time to get back over to Penn Station/Grand Central. If they do go til 11:30, I'd get a cab to whatever station you're going to, because late at night the subways run a LOT less frequently.

I just got back from Cambridge where they went on I think a bit befoe 9:!5 and ended at like 10:45. It wasn't super long I think mainly because they could probably tell the crowd was beat. Still epic though (see my post in that shows thread if you want details). As long as the train is close by (and maybe even if it's not) you won't have a problem.

Alright cool! The train is at 11:52 and then the next one after that isn't until almost 1:30. And taking a cab all the way back to Hamilton NJ would be wicked pricey

You should be ok. Webster Hall, because it is also a dance club, usually has rock shows that end by 11. A cab should be pretty easy to find by walking over to 4th avenue (to your right when exiting), and will get you to Penn Station within 14 minutes at absolute worst (I used to take a cab home from that area every week haha).
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:59 am

Breanne wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Breanne wrote:

This is a suggestion - if you are worried about train times just drive to Secaucus Junction, park there for $7 (after 4 PM) and take the train in ($8 round trip). Coming back in the evenings trains run there very frequently (at least every 15 minutes on average I'd say) plus it's only a 10 minute train ride. I'd rather spend more time in my own car driving than in the train. And you don’t have to worry about long gaps between trains.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:00 am

MikeSig wrote:
Breanne wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Breanne wrote:

You should be ok. Webster Hall, because it is also a dance club, usually has rock shows that end by 11. A cab should be pretty easy to find by walking over to 4th avenue (to your right when exiting), and will get you to Penn Station within 14 minutes at absolute worst (I used to take a cab home from that area every week haha).
Okay awesome!
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:00 am

SirBrad wrote:
Breanne wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Breanne wrote:

This is a suggestion - if you are worried about train times just drive to Secaucus Junction, park there for $7 (after 4 PM) and take the train in ($8 round trip). Coming back in the evenings trains run there very frequently (at least every 15 minutes on average I'd say) plus it's only a 10 minute train ride. I'd rather spend more time in my own car driving than in the train. And you don’t have to worry about long gaps between trains.
Hmm that sounds easier. But wheres Secaucus Junction?
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 am

Breanne wrote:
SirBrad wrote:
Breanne wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hmm that sounds easier. But wheres Secaucus Junction?

Exit 15X on the Turnpike. Trust me, it's pretty easy.

I hate the long train rides.
Back to top Go down
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:33 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I'll be there with the Mrs., two buddies, and unborn child #2. This will be the little one's second Gaslight show from the womb.

I too will be there with the mrs. and unborn child #1. This will also be the second Gaslight show for the baby from the womb.

As for what time I'll be arriving that is still up in the air. I want to be there early enough to get a spot on the rail in the balcony so that my wife can lean on something during the performance and not worry about crowd surfers, moshers or general tomfoolery . I've always gotten to venues either right before the opener or during and have always found myself within the first couple of rows but this is a bit of a different experience for me and the wife. Also, as I have gotten older I have found myself very sensitive to heat. I have a thing where when I get too hot my body overheats and I pass out and have seizure like symptoms. This is pretty new but did happen to me at TGA/My Chemical Romance show at Roseland and at MMJ at Terminal 5.

Anyone have advice for balcony viewing? Also poster tubes rule for keeping your posters in good shape no matter how unruly things get. Unless of course you drop it and someone steps on it.
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:57 am

Any concerns that the venue would not let you bring in the poster tube?
Back to top Go down
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:59 am

big blue wrote:
Any concerns that the venue would not let you bring in the poster tube?

If they don't, I'll just toss it. They are so cheap so the loss is minimal. I've brought tubes into arenas and smaller venues before tho. Only a couple of places didn't allow them. Far more have than have not.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 pm

checked my poster last night at coat check. that was clutch!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Ooh...coat check! Good idea...
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:15 pm

RandyMachoManCabbage wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I'll be there with the Mrs., two buddies, and unborn child #2. This will be the little one's second Gaslight show from the womb.

I too will be there with the mrs. and unborn child #1. This will also be the second Gaslight show for the baby from the womb.

As for what time I'll be arriving that is still up in the air. I want to be there early enough to get a spot on the rail in the balcony so that my wife can lean on something during the performance and not worry about crowd surfers, moshers or general tomfoolery . I've always gotten to venues either right before the opener or during and have always found myself within the first couple of rows but this is a bit of a different experience for me and the wife. Also, as I have gotten older I have found myself very sensitive to heat. I have a thing where when I get too hot my body overheats and I pass out and have seizure like symptoms. This is pretty new but did happen to me at TGA/My Chemical Romance show at Roseland and at MMJ at Terminal 5.

Anyone have advice for balcony viewing? Also poster tubes rule for keeping your posters in good shape no matter how unruly things get. Unless of course you drop it and someone steps on it.

Yes, if you are bringing unborn babies to the show, please be careful. I could not believe the one couple in Cambridge last night. The woman stated that she was nine weeks pregnant but both she and her husband insisted to be upfront. Of course, everybody around them who knew was extremely careful not too come to close to the woman but there were guys pushing up from the back non stop, which is completely normal and expected at such shows. I have no idea where this couple's priorities were.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:30 pm

SirBrad wrote:

Exit 15X on the Turnpike. Trust me, it's pretty easy.

I hate the long train rides.

It's really easy. It's RIGHT on the side of the highway and has its own exit (building on the left).
Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Screen27
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:28 pm

bt211 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Yes, if you are bringing unborn babies to the show, please be careful. I could not believe the one couple in Cambridge last night. The woman stated that she was nine weeks pregnant but both she and her husband insisted to be upfront. Of course, everybody around them who knew was extremely careful not too come to close to the woman but there were guys pushing up from the back non stop, which is completely normal and expected at such shows. I have no idea where this couple's priorities were.

Yeah, bad, bad idea. Please for the love of all that holy please go up into the seats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Had to laugh, some of us are worried about how to protect posters and apparently some people in Boston don't care to worry how to protect unborn babies. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MikeSig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MikeSig

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:34 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:
bt211 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Yeah, bad, bad idea. Please for the love of all that holy please go up into the seats.

Worst case I've seen was at the second Bruce show at Izod earlier this year. Woman brought a 3-4 month old into the pit, strapped onto her with a harness. My friend, who is technically a DYFS employee, had to consult his rulebook to see if he was legally obligated to report her to authorities.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:36 pm

MikeSig wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:
bt211 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Worst case I've seen was at the second Bruce show at Izod earlier this year. Woman brought a 3-4 month old into the pit, strapped onto her with a harness. My friend, who is technically a DYFS employee, had to consult his rulebook to see if he was legally obligated to report her to authorities.

LOL wow that's pretty bad. Almost as bad as every person under 35 at a Bruce show in NJ that has to telll you that their first Bruce show was back in 1977 in the womb.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:00 pm

bt211 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

My wife is already six months pregnant so she has enough amniotic fluid to cushion the blows from the mosh pit and stage diving. Plus, that will be a good warm up for her mixed martial arts match after the show.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
bt211 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

My wife is already six months pregnant so she has enough amniotic fluid to cushion the blows from the mosh pit and stage diving. Plus, that will be a good warm up for her mixed martial arts match after the show.

I don't know man, I couldn't live with myself if I was the kid who accidentally pushed into her and something happened. Please, just do us all a favor on this one. It's a touchy subject to me because I've been through a miscarriage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:18 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
bt211 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

I don't know man, I couldn't live with myself if I was the kid who accidentally pushed into her and something happened. Please, just do us all a favor on this one. It's a touchy subject to me because I've been through a miscarriage.

First, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Second, I assumed the saracasm of me earlier post would not be lost on anyone but I guess I was wrong. Translation: my post was not serious. We won't be anywhere near the stage. Alternate Translation: we're not idiots.

Did anyone else think I was serious???? The mixed martial arts wasn't a dead giveaway?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:07 pm

PS: The post office has 24" poster tubes for $2.49 a piece.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Did anyone else think I was serious???? The mixed martial arts wasn't a dead giveaway?

It was pretty obvious that you were joking.

"A sarcasm detector... that's a real useful invention." -Comic Book Guy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next