DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012

Go down 
+51
moosicmaniac
skapunkphotos
rumham
dmac
Zach_Edelman
Sally
Little Eden
GlennR
Bea
IKeeptheDiner
JJW319
BossTime
pleasepassthesoup
Shorestyle69
Jerseyrain
cruzila
fatbench
eagles1139
kissthebottle
RoadZombie84
prettyontheinsidex
Rizz
Emusic
bakerfall
DaleCooper
damianfazz007
moreblue
Velocity
saltandburn1967
nfaulk20
anthony27
Mary Ann
JacksSmirkingRevenge
cephcarn4
The Angry Johnny Revue
ral
bt211
acousticbandit
big blue
RandyMachoManCabbage
MikeSig
StitchesOnTheRadio
A_Regular
Breanne
DiamondSinatra
xstevenbx
NeverTrustAJunkie
SirBrad
NYYFAN523
Shrewsbury_Stars
njguy99
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:20 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Did you guys see the girl that sprinted across the stage? I think she was wearing a dress, which to me, at a show like this, is insane. Brian's eyes lingered on her though that's for sure.

It seriously seemed like EVERYONE was trying to get on the barrier. I understand trying to get as close as you can but can you just give it up and let the people who lined up at 12:30pm for the damn show have their spots? Not to mention the other people who also came early as in around 2 or 3. If you came an hour (or less) before you have no business shoving your way to the front.
Yep the skirt of her dress was pulled up to her chest when she was crowdsurfing. Like come on, have some respect for yourself
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:35 pm

moosicmaniac wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I was outside at 6:30 and there was no line. They tried to redirect us to the bar but I didn't want to go in so I stayed outside. I think we got let in around 7:15 or 7:30? I thought I heard they were letting the bar people in first but I was wondering how they organized it so the people who showed up earlier than me would get in first. Was a line formed in the bar? I never saw the bar people let in but when I got upstairs there were all these people even though there were maybe ten people ahead of me in the outside line.

I was waiting outside around 6:15. At about 6:25 or so, the line started moving. They sent us up the stairs and into the bar (the bouncer said "we want to get you out of the heat"). Once inside, yes a line formed. It was pretty good until they kept letting people in and a SECOND line formed, both facing each other, at the doorway from the bar to the venue. There was NO security in the bar - so we were left policing ourselves. One guy from the first group got in front of the second line and said "guys, the other line was here first - let them in and then you can go."

It held up pretty decently, though there were quite a few people who cut in from the other group. We were about a hundred people back in the first line, and by the time we got to the doorway a lot of people from the second line were squeezing their way in.

Those of you who were in the bar know the setup, but I was right near the door they were letting people in at, but on the part of the line that snaked around. I was trying my best to police it so everyone got in when they were supposed to and resorted to flipping on some people who tried to sneak their way in. After I screamed at a few most stopped trying but some still snuck in. Bastards.

So for all of you who tried to weasel your way in, I was the guy in the green shirt cursing you out.

Were you the tall guy who actually went to the front and made sure nobody cut? That guy is my hero. I got to the venue around 3:30 and waited outside... wasn't going to let peoiple who were just showing up get in before me and my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Don't know if anyone here missed out but El Jefe has the tour, NYC & DC poster up for sale at his etsy shop.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/eljefedesign?section_id=7935882
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:02 pm

I understand trying to get as close as you can but can you just give it up and let the people who lined up at 12:30pm for the damn show have their spots? Not to mention the other people who also came early as in around 2 or 3. If you came an hour (or less) before you have no business shoving your way to the front.

It's what I said earlier - it's beyond the show, this is just how many people act. They want what they want on their own terms and won't do the dirty work to get it. Assholes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 pm

moosicmaniac wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
rubberducky wrote:

I was near the merchandise table and these annoying hot topic dressed (cut up shirt and short shorts) bitches (for a lack of a better term) kept pushing their way trying to get near the stage despite not getting to the show early. Then at one point they tried to go through the door that lead up to the stage. Just all around obnoxious.

I think they wound up next to us at one point! We were packed tightly, and these three...uh, ladies...came up next to us and started trying to push in front. There was a drink in one hand and a phone in the other. One guy (to my right) said "there's no place to go" and one of them got all bitchy and tried to push through anyway. We put up as best a wall we could.

One of them then asked another guy to let her climb on his back. He lifter her up for a little bit (Brian actually winked and kinda pointed at her...he seemed amused) and then the guy put her down. The ladies walked off somewhere, cell phones in hand.

Ohhh they were terrible. We were right in front of them and one of the girls actually started hitting the guy in front of her and was complaining that he should let her through. She said she should be let closer because she was a girl. Rolling Eyes She apparently didn't realize that girls are also capable of getting there when we did and staking out a spot.

Wait were you like dead center, maybe 3 or 4 rows of people back? Was that the girl bitching through Blue Jeans about how she's short so she should be in front of whoever she was bitching at. All I know is that that was going on behind me and I was pissed.

I hate talkers. Rob told these girls behind us to "shut up" so loud when they were either talking over brian or during a song, i forget. They seemed scared shitless. it was funny.

Yup, that's where I was. That was the girl, I remember the altercation during Blue Jeans.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:22 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
moosicmaniac wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I was outside at 6:30 and there was no line. They tried to redirect us to the bar but I didn't want to go in so I stayed outside. I think we got let in around 7:15 or 7:30? I thought I heard they were letting the bar people in first but I was wondering how they organized it so the people who showed up earlier than me would get in first. Was a line formed in the bar? I never saw the bar people let in but when I got upstairs there were all these people even though there were maybe ten people ahead of me in the outside line.

I was waiting outside around 6:15. At about 6:25 or so, the line started moving. They sent us up the stairs and into the bar (the bouncer said "we want to get you out of the heat"). Once inside, yes a line formed. It was pretty good until they kept letting people in and a SECOND line formed, both facing each other, at the doorway from the bar to the venue. There was NO security in the bar - so we were left policing ourselves. One guy from the first group got in front of the second line and said "guys, the other line was here first - let them in and then you can go."

It held up pretty decently, though there were quite a few people who cut in from the other group. We were about a hundred people back in the first line, and by the time we got to the doorway a lot of people from the second line were squeezing their way in.

Those of you who were in the bar know the setup, but I was right near the door they were letting people in at, but on the part of the line that snaked around. I was trying my best to police it so everyone got in when they were supposed to and resorted to flipping on some people who tried to sneak their way in. After I screamed at a few most stopped trying but some still snuck in. Bastards.

So for all of you who tried to weasel your way in, I was the guy in the green shirt cursing you out.

Were you the tall guy who actually went to the front and made sure nobody cut? That guy is my hero. I got to the venue around 3:30 and waited outside... wasn't going to let peoiple who were just showing up get in before me and my friend.

That may have been me, there were actually 2 of us - one guy who was maybe 10-15 people back in the line went up there and put his arms out to block people until it was his group's turn to enter and then he went in with them. right after he went in I took over. I didn't so much block physically as much as stand and yell at some folks.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:41 pm

moosicmaniac wrote:

That may have been me, there were actually 2 of us - one guy who was maybe 10-15 people back in the line went up there and put his arms out to block people until it was his group's turn to enter and then he went in with them. right after he went in I took over. I didn't so much block physically as much as stand and yell at some folks.

And bless both of you for doing it. I could only imagine the chaos and anger that would have come if everyone who was in that half of the bar started to push towards the entrance.
Back to top Go down
damianfazz007
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:02 pm

I am new to this board and am a really big fan. This was the first show I got a chance to see and the crowd was far more tame than I expected. When I watch old videos of them circa 59' sound and Sink or Swim the crowd surfing, pitting and stage dives are abundant. I thought it was weird that I was the first person to make it to the stage and dive off during 59' sound. But I guess I am in the minority here when it comes to what a punk/rock show should be like.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:23 pm

damianfazz007 wrote:
I am new to this board and am a really big fan. This was the first show I got a chance to see and the crowd was far more tame than I expected. When I watch old videos of them circa 59' sound and Sink or Swim the crowd surfing, pitting and stage dives are abundant. I thought it was weird that I was the first person to make it to the stage and dive off during 59' sound. But I guess I am in the minority here when it comes to what a punk/rock show should be like.

The thing about it is, a lot of their music has strayed from "punk" and as a result, they've pulled in a large audience of people who wouldn't otherwise go to a punk show, or would, but wouldn't be diehard fans and so they'd stay away from the chaos.

These guys make music to listen to, not just to use as background for going nuts. Maybe I'm in the minority but I know I'm not alone in disliking crowdsurfing. If I weren't getting kicked in the head all night I wouldn't care. But I love this freakin band and when I go to a show I wanna hear the music and get as close as possible (after I've earned it, baking in the sun all day) without walking away with a concussion. My head almost got slammed into the barrier a few times when crowdsurfers came over.

I'm all for a party but there's no need for assholes (not calling you one) and there's no need for it to get dangerous. A girl my size should be able to be up front without being in decent amount of danger. What I did was flat out stupid given the way people act, but I took the risk anyway and I got lucky. If this were The Bouncing Souls or Metallica or something in between I'd stay in the balcony and not think excessive crowd-surfing or moshing was over the top.

I don't mean to rant or lecture, I just want to make my POV clear.
Back to top Go down
damianfazz007
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:27 pm

I get it, just stating I was shocked. Hopefully I didn't hurt anyone, it was not my intention. On the same note, I don't really intend to stop surfing/diving unless the venue does not allow it.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:58 pm

SirBrad wrote:
I understand trying to get as close as you can but can you just give it up and let the people who lined up at 12:30pm for the damn show have their spots? Not to mention the other people who also came early as in around 2 or 3. If you came an hour (or less) before you have no business shoving your way to the front.

It's what I said earlier - it's beyond the show, this is just how many people act. They want what they want on their own terms and won't do the dirty work to get it. Assholes.

Some people are just selfish jerks. If you want to be at the front, show up early. Don't expect to just take someone's spot because they're unwilling or unable to stand their ground. Sure it's a rock concert but you can enjoy yourself without ruining the show for others. Same goes for crowd surfers. The only person that enjoys crowd surfing is the person doing it. No one else benefits from it.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:05 pm

ral wrote:
SirBrad wrote:

Some people are just selfish jerks. If you want to be at the front, show up early. Don't expect to just take someone's spot because they're unwilling or unable to stand their ground. Sure it's a rock concert but you can enjoy yourself without ruining the show for others. Same goes for crowd surfers. The only person that enjoys crowd surfing is the person doing it. No one else benefits from it.

I enjoy dropping crowd surfers every time one tries to get me to help them. Does that make a bad person? I don't care if it does Smile
Back to top Go down
damianfazz007
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:19 pm

I guess growing up in a decent hardcore and punk scene has made the criteria for having a good time at a show different. I don't understand how people can just stand there with their arms folded and nod their heads during such exciting music. And even though I was crowd surfing and stage diving, I was singing along to every song. Crowd surfing is showing a band that you are having a great time to the music being played, especially rebellious music like gaslight. It's not like someone was crowd surfing at a Spingsteen show. Gaslight is just as much Lifetime, Saves The Day and Jawbreaker as they are Springsteen and Petty.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 pm

damianfazz007 wrote:
I guess growing up in a decent hardcore and punk scene has made the criteria for having a good time at a show different. I don't understand how people can just stand there with their arms folded and nod their heads during such exciting music. And even though I was crowd surfing and stage diving, I was singing along to every song. Crowd surfing is showing a band that you are having a great time to the music being played, especially rebellious music like gaslight. It's not like someone was crowd surfing at a Spingsteen show. Gaslight is just as much Lifetime, Saves The Day and Jawbreaker as they are Springsteen and Petty.

But stage divers and crowd surfers need to realize that not everyone in the crowd wants to carry your body. A majority of people I talk to are absolutely annoyed by crowd surfers. Some people want to pay attention to the music, not worrying about carrying some kid they don't know.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:29 pm

I am totally annoyed with crowd surfers, but I get it and can see why it's a thrill. For me, I am focused on the show and want to see everything going on. I don't even like it when someone tries to talk to me during the show, let alone have to watch that I'm not going to get kicked in the head. But, that's the perils of the front row and I accept it! I help carry the body just so I can keep their flailing legs away from me so I'm not injured!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:31 pm

SirBrad wrote:

9 times out of 10 they're drunk and aren't even thinking anything but "I WANT TO BE DOWN FRONT". They'll do anything to make it happen cus they're so mentally numb and saturated with liquor that they're practically operating at Neanderthal levels.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 pm

damianfazz007 wrote:

The last line of what you said can be used to prove my point as well. If they're also Springsteen and Petty, then they're also bringing in older people and people who aren't used to getting destroyed at shows. I'm not telling you to stop crowd surfing, but I agree with whoever said the only person who benefits from it is the crowd surfer. You're intensions may not be bad but that doesn't change the results. If I don't intend to kick you but I do and I apologize, you'd be irritated but you'd forgive me. If I kick you again, still not intending to hurt you, you'd tell me to quit f*ckin' around. In my opinion if you're not in the band you shouldn't be crowdsurfing. But I recognize that it is just my opinion.

As for just standing there. I agree with you TOTALLY! But there's a hell of a lot of space between standing still nodding and throwing elbows, shoving, and crushing people as you crowd surf. No one that I could see was "just standing" at the boston show and it was awesome. I don't know how you sing along when you're crowd surfing. I have trouble singing along when I'm bracing for impact as some dude fall ass-first on my head.

Chris, I laughed at what you said. If I weren't worried about going down with them I'd enjoy watching them fall because I can't support them. I did enjoy giving that one las show as the fell between the barrier and the stage.

Disclaimer: This isn't me going "boo hoo, life's tough in the front of the crowd". I knew what I signed up for. I'm just trying to make a point.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:39 pm

damianfazz007 wrote:

Just curious, how old are you? I ask because crowd surfing stop seeming cool to me when I was like 16. Not trying to sound judgmental, just wondering if it's an age thing.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Crowd surfing to me just seemed like a way to take enjoyment to a new level but also a way to get close to the band if you got there too late to be down front. Not for me though. I just wanna be down front the whole time so I get there early and tolerate all the rest of the stuff that comes with being down there.
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Was anyone from this board outside the venue when the entire band came out and talked to the fans?!?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:52 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
Was anyone from this board outside the venue when the entire band came out and talked to the fans?!?

I was. Although both Alex's split pretty fast. Brian looked pretty beat again (glad he found energy during the show). But I talked to Benny for like a half hour (i think, i'm bad at judging time) and that was a blast.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:56 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:

I was, I was wearing the shark's tee with the sleeves cut off, I think I saw you from looking at your avatar
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:59 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:

I was. Although both Alex's split pretty fast. Brian looked pretty beat again (glad he found energy during the show). But I talked to Benny for like a half hour (i think, i'm bad at judging time) and that was a blast.

yeah, they did split really fast, but i got really lucky and had them all sign my vinyl copy of handwritten...
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

I was, I was wearing the shark's tee with the sleeves cut off, I think I saw you from looking at your avatar

...and i remember YOU from your tattoo! because, one of my band mates (and best friends) has a very similar tattoo - we saw you pointing it out to benny..
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:04 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

...and i remember YOU from your tattoo! because, one of my band mates (and best friends) has a very similar tattoo - we saw you pointing it out to benny..

Which one? The 33RPM one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012   Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webster Hall NYC 7-24 -2012
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next