DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...

Go down 
+45
LaVidaLoca
Rose1991
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
matkins
Xanthias
megan125
azlisa
Breanne
AlrightToDrive
HighLonesome
Emusic
DiamondSinatra
TheContender
Afzoomie67
BossTime
Debonair
Johnxazn
saraM87
AGoodTime
riversedge
gtalbott
CasanovaBaby90
JJW319
steph
Labhras
steady now steady now
acousticbandit
_rebekka_
theBasemen
YouCanCallMeSally
redheadchick
backseat99
White Man In Hammersmith
Steve70s
njguy99
Asleepontheforestfloor
brianisbae
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
OldManShoes3
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
IrishNameAndAnInjury
A_Regular
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:05 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
(This is for guys) You're 99 percent sure you're straight, but you would (essentially) give up everything to marry Brian Fallon.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:21 pm

steph wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
(This is for guys) You're 99 percent sure you're straight, but you would (essentially) give up everything to marry Brian Fallon.

Suspect

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Johnxazn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 am

They opened for your band on their early tours.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:33 am

You were a member of DSS before any other gaslight forum was around. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:25 am

acousticbandit wrote:
you have every single el jefe gaslight poster.

... in one of those posters you are buried on the same hillside as the band. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:15 am

Debonair wrote:
You were a member of DSS before any other gaslight forum was around. Very Happy

High Five
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 am

When you hear Bruce Springsteen sing "At night I wake up with the sheets soakin wet..." you're thrown off when he says "and a freight train running through the middle of my head"
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:52 am

BossTime wrote:
When you hear Bruce Springsteen sing "At night I wake up with the sheets soakin wet..." you're thrown off when he says "and a freight train running through the middle of my head"

Haha, this is so true! I grew up listening to "I'm On Fire", but now I've heard Brian sing that line so many times, it does throw me off to hear Bruce sing it. Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
BossTime wrote:

Haha, this is so true! I grew up listening to "I'm On Fire", but now I've heard Brian sing that line so many times, it does throw me off to hear Bruce sing it. Razz

Omg so true. And I've listened to Springsteen for ten years longer than I've listened to Gaslight. I feel like a bad Bruce fan. Dammit Brian! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:46 am

You convert your friends to Gaslight-anity.

Through the school year, I converted at least 8 kids my age, plus two teachers.. and then during the summer, I've added 3 more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:49 am

Afzoomie67 wrote:

Through the school year, I converted at least 8 kids my age, plus two teachers.. and then during the summer, I've added 3 more.

This, I've slowly but surely been pounding the music into my school for the last few years. Converted a few people, most of them from my musical cast. Out of everyone I've tried, I've actually failed to convert two people, but that'll never stop me from helping the boys achieve world domination.
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am

MattL wrote:
Afzoomie67 wrote:

This, I've slowly but surely been pounding the music into my school for the last few years. Converted a few people, most of them from my musical cast. Out of everyone I've tried, I've actually failed to convert two people, but that'll never stop me from helping the boys achieve world domination.

There's one person who plays guitar (he's a total ****) and is a Dave Grohl fanboy who claims that Bruce sucks and Brian sounds like Brandon Flowers from the Killers. And this kid thinks he knows real music because he has a $2000 Gibson Les Paul. He's the only one I've failed to convert so far.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:45 am

... you've started 36% of topics/threads on this forum. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:52 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
... you've started 36% of topics/threads on this forum. Shocked

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
My first preorder was "American Slang"....I got on right after Bruce went up with them for 59 sound.

Same here, in the spring of 2010. But once I heard '59 Sound for the first time, I was a goner. And so the obsession began... Razz

You know you're a true Gaslight fan when you get unreasonably irritated every time journalists compare Brian to Bruce.

Throw me into the Spring 2010 crew as well. That's when I got into them...then when I saw them in July of 2010 it hit a whole new level.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:59 pm

You wake up with Handwritten stuck in your head because you were obsessively watching the "making of..." video before you fell asleep the night before. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:23 pm

You see a sign for 'Gaslight Alley' and have to have your photo taken underneath it.

Or if...

Your friend once had to say: "Ignore her. She's in a bad mood cause she hasn't listen to Brian Fallon in three days."
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:11 pm

You go to Dallas Riot Fest. Pretty crappy lineup...but TGA will be there so I'll make the 5 hr drive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:28 pm

AGoodTime wrote:
You see a sign for 'Gaslight Alley' and have to have your photo taken underneath it.

Or if...

Your friend once had to say: "Ignore her. She's in a bad mood cause she hasn't listen to Brian Fallon in three days."

Hahahhahha
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:42 pm

You get goose bumps when you see a highway sign for Red Bank, New Brunswick, or Hackettstown.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:56 am

On the way to a Gaslight show, you see a sign that says "Rico's Pizza." Then all of a sudden the line from "I'da Called You Woody, Joe" pops into your head. "Then Rico said..." Smile
Back to top Go down
Emusic
A Contender
A Contender
Emusic

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Your neighbor comes complaining for 1. Playing those records to loud and 2. For singing along with them (way to loud)

(You should know theirs 1 meter between our house and their house (not including the walls) Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be & http://themusicmakesmehappy
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:56 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
On the way to a Gaslight show, you see a sign that says "Rico's Pizza." Then all of a sudden the line from "I'da Called You Woody, Joe" pops into your head. "Then Rico said..." Smile

Fun fact, the gentleman who actually gave Brian the record if named Jerry, and he's still in business!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
^ haha

If you check The Gaslight Anthem's web page, for concert news or updates, religiously.

THIS. Haaha, so true!
Back to top Go down
AlrightToDrive
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Your a 'true' Gaslight fan if want the band to succeed, and to get what they deserve.

Not if you've been around forever.

I discovered these guys during the American Slang tour, and I feel as big a fan as people who have loved them from SoS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next