DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this True?

Go down 
+7
Asleepontheforestfloor
rhg5010
LBAZ
xstevenbx
geezfools
Jukebox Romeo
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:29 pm

One of my friends said that he read an article saying that TGA is already working on a new album?! He said its gonna be more harder than the last..I looked everywhere for the interview...Have u all heard anything?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojFMTPVpvU4

Interview with Kevin Manno of Q101. Brian talks about the new record a bit, saying they'll be recording around Jan./Feb. of '10, looking at a late spring/early summer release date, and that they're moving away from the soul sounds of '59 to a more straight-up rocker on the next one. he said there'll be a big Social D/Elvis Costello influence on it, which is sick. i'm already pumped, even though it's like a year away
from page 2 of the New Album thread: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/the-band-f1/new-album-t647-20.htm
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:17 pm

harder for more hot topic mosh kids to get down in the mosh pit. Sorry Razz I just want them to go for more of a sink or swim sound. Call the album, the sink or swim sound. Love that album!
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:13 am

would definitely be into the sink or swim sound. i honestly don't even know how they would progress the sound of the 59 sound (haha), but would love to hear some more sink or swim inspired stuff. i don't really know if it makes sense to anyone else, but whatever.
Back to top Go down

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:45 am

To be honest I wouldn't say no a hybrid of Sink Or Swim and the '59 Sound... if that's possible?
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:47 am

I want a Bass solo. Just putting that out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:53 am

I'd love to hear an album of Senor And The Queen sounding songs. Matter of fact, I'd enjoy an album of songs based just off the title track and Wherefore. I'd call that rock, or at least less punk than Sink Or Swim.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Hey, they mantioned that benny alex had a metal band in the interview. Does anyone know their name?

Also, Lbaz, if you want a bass solo, listen to mxpx. haha. Particularly the song bass so low.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Thanks! Ill check them out for sure.
Benny and Alex's band is called Spiro Agnew and its not really metal in my humble opnion. It's very experimental.
Alex gets to use all his 27 effects pedals in it anyway so I guess he's happy with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:12 pm

no, listen to Rancid's "Maxwell Murder" or "Stickin In My Eye" cover. or Cobra Skulls' "Cobra Skullifornia"
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks Jukebox Romeo. Ill go check them out. I'll stick by a Gaslight Bass solo still. It must happen.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Every song TGA have touched so far has been gold, I expect nothing less Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Jukebox, the only reason I mentioned mxpx was because they have a song with that title.

lbaz, listen for the first 2 seconds of the song "the ancient covenant" by the faceless, it's not a bass solo, but it's a really impressive bass line. Just a heads up, they're a metal band, but you don't need to listen to the whole song.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Also, does Spiro Agnew have a web page or anything?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:28 pm

http://www.myspace.com/spiroagnewband

and i wasn't knocking mxpx or anything, i loved 'em in middle school. i was just offering a few more examples of sick bass solos
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:11 am

Woah thanks guys I'm in bass line heaven here!
You listened to Spiro Agnew yet?
What do you think? I remember my reaction being like what the hell?
I have warmed to it now though. It is definately experimental no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Gotcha Jukebox. It's all good.

Lbaz, Yeah, I listened to em. They're pretty good, I've just heard a lot better. If you wanna hear some good experimental bands, let me know.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Yeah I'm not into that whole experimental thing.

I don't really understand why people think to make an impact they have to create some the craziest sounding thing to get noticed.
For example, Screamo Crunk. Now that stuff is just stupid.
You don't need to be the only person to have discovered milk and cream to make good ice cream, you just have to be really good and solid at what you do and you can still make an impact.
Back to top Go down

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm warming to Sprio Agnew...
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:20 pm

LBAZ wrote:
I want a Bass solo.

I don't think fish sound good.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:44 pm

Lbaz, are you saying that experimental is a showy genre? I don't think that's what you going for, but it kinda came off that way.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:18 am

Listen to A Wilhelm Scream "Jaws 3, People 0" for sick bass-lines. Blows my mind every time I hear it.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:07 am

the new album he said would be more of a rocker - whereas SOS was more punk, and T59S was more alt rock - it's hard to say with these guys what exactly the next sound will be ... they keep us pretty well surprised!

And as for fish sounding good, ever listen to Phish? What about the guy with the boomerang fish act on the Muppet Show!?!! They made a pretty cool whizzing sound!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 am

stephendgaf wrote:
Listen to A Wilhelm Scream "Jaws 3, People 0" for sick bass-lines. Blows my mind every time I hear it.
hey man, where you been?
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 am

Asleepontheforestfloor wrote:
Lbaz, are you saying that experimental is a showy genre? I don't think that's what you going for, but it kinda came off that way.

Oh no no no. I didn't mean to offend but for meit is. I just guess I am more of a fan of the back to basics kind of music. Good natural guitar sounds and melodies and a beat however I wouldn't say I don't like being suprised. I like it when artists can change their sound.
I am making myself sound like I am boring here but you can be back to basics and still be outside the box you get me? When I say back to basics I mean none of these glam rock, hair and makeup, glamour kills clothing bands.

I do like some eperimental stuff that I have come across but the stuff that is coming out of that genre lately (like screamo crunk) isnt really my thing.
But don't think that I am putting you down for liking that type of music. Everyone has an opinion and a preference and I understand that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this True?   Is this True? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this True?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next