DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...

Go down 
+45
LaVidaLoca
Rose1991
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
matkins
Xanthias
megan125
azlisa
Breanne
AlrightToDrive
HighLonesome
Emusic
DiamondSinatra
TheContender
Afzoomie67
BossTime
Debonair
Johnxazn
saraM87
AGoodTime
riversedge
gtalbott
CasanovaBaby90
JJW319
steph
Labhras
steady now steady now
acousticbandit
_rebekka_
theBasemen
YouCanCallMeSally
redheadchick
backseat99
White Man In Hammersmith
Steve70s
njguy99
Asleepontheforestfloor
brianisbae
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
OldManShoes3
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
IrishNameAndAnInjury
A_Regular
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 pm

When you are (used to be) able to tell what era/tour the concert was just by either Brian or Alex R's guitars and/or by Brian's haircut Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:52 pm

redheadchick wrote:
_rebekka_ wrote:
theBasemen wrote:
If you get on stage with them the first time you see them live and play Red At Night on harmonica with Brian...

Yes, I am proud and just a little bit showing-off!

Oh that was you! I filmed that! I think we wrote on youtube after the gig. ;-) That was indeed very cool! Wink By the way I live just around the corner, in Kleve.

Basemen, how did you get onstage? I would love to sing with Brian!

Haha, Rebekka, that's really around the corner! We might even play in your town sometime next year!

For the Red Head Chick: This is what I reported after the concert:
"And after that they came to my request Red at Night. I made this sign with the request of Red At Night on it and the line: "I got my harmonica with me". He saw it and said he didn't have a harmonica holder. So I said: "I can play it". He agreed and there I was standing on stage next to Brian Fallon himself. He checked if I had the right key (g), I was well-prepared, so it was. He asked my name and we started playing. It was unbelieveable and unforgettable. It's so surreal, I frigging played a song with The Gaslight Anthem! The crowd loved it, at least, they all applauded loudly. After we had played the song, he said the band would sign my sign and give it back to me after the show.
And so it was, Ian came back with the signed sign, the setlist and two guitarpicks (pictures will come later). He told me it was the first time ever, a visitor of the show played with the band. I think it's a pretty good line: "The Gaslight Anthem, played with Bruce Springsteen, Chuck Ragan and Stefan Kollee!"
Ian also said: "I will remember you: The guy who played harmonica. When we come around again, you just have to shout my name and maybe you could meet the band." It was so cool!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:55 pm

theBasemen wrote:
redheadchick wrote:
_rebekka_ wrote:
theBasemen wrote:
If you get on stage with them the first time you see them live and play Red At Night on harmonica with Brian...

Yes, I am proud and just a little bit showing-off!

Oh that was you! I filmed that! I think we wrote on youtube after the gig. ;-) That was indeed very cool! Wink By the way I live just around the corner, in Kleve.

Basemen, how did you get onstage? I would love to sing with Brian!

Haha, Rebekka, that's really around the corner! We might even play in your town sometime next year!

For the Red Head Chick: This is what I reported after the concert:
"And after that they came to my request Red at Night. I made this sign with the request of Red At Night on it and the line: "I got my harmonica with me". He saw it and said he didn't have a harmonica holder. So I said: "I can play it". He agreed and there I was standing on stage next to Brian Fallon himself. He checked if I had the right key (g), I was well-prepared, so it was. He asked my name and we started playing. It was unbelieveable and unforgettable. It's so surreal, I frigging played a song with The Gaslight Anthem! The crowd loved it, at least, they all applauded loudly. After we had played the song, he said the band would sign my sign and give it back to me after the show.
And so it was, Ian came back with the signed sign, the setlist and two guitarpicks (pictures will come later). He told me it was the first time ever, a visitor of the show played with the band. I think it's a pretty good line: "The Gaslight Anthem, played with Bruce Springsteen, Chuck Ragan and Stefan Kollee!"
Ian also said: "I will remember you: The guy who played harmonica. When we come around again, you just have to shout my name and maybe you could meet the band." It was so cool!"

That is one of the coolest things ever. Wow!
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Here it is:

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 pm

theBasemen wrote:

"

Let me know when and where and I will try to be there! Wink But I guess I will probably see you at a Gaslight show in the Netherlands in fall! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:04 pm

...you were there for one of those intimate bar setting shows where Sink or Swim and 59 Sound dominated the setlist
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:21 pm

You annoy people on a regular basis with your constant Gaslight chatter. (Hi, I'm Shannon, and I'm a Gaslight-aholic.)
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Basemen, what a great story. I thought I might just send them a message on twitter and ask if I could sing with them in Minneapolis. Anybody here tweet to TGA and get responses?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:37 pm

You have one of their songs as staple for your open mic night shows?
Back to top Go down
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:41 pm

...if your first time hearing Gaslight was EXACTLY as described in "I'da Called You Woody, Joe". Hooked by the end of American Slang's 1st verse!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:00 pm

You think people who don't like them have mental health problems.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
You annoy people on a regular basis with your constant Gaslight chatter. (Hi, I'm Shannon, and I'm a Gaslight-aholic.)

Haha, I think my friends literally want to punch me when I mention them.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

I get a lot of eye rolls, like, "Oh no, there she goes again! Rolling Eyes It doesn't stop me though! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:10 pm

You literally stop talking to people mid-sentence when your favorite part of one of their songs comes on.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:21 am

you wouldn't stop playing them in your freshman year dorm until you got your roommate hooked

Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 am

Steve70s wrote:
You just blew a load of dough on three Telecasters you didnt really need - then tuned them down!

haha Or, if your "dream guitar" is a Gibson Les Paul gold top, or a Gibson ES-335 (I think that's Alex's...).

Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 am

I get a lot of eye rolls, like, "Oh no, there she goes again! Rolling Eyes It doesn't stop me though! Razz

Haha same. It doesn't stop me either. My friends have shit taste in music so they'd never be fans anyway so it's like, if your're not gonna be a fan then I'm not worried about making you sick of them!

...If you see a guy on a stage wearing a St. Pauli jacket and you think it's Alex even though the band was in Europe at the time. (Happened last week)

...if you drive/wait in line for hours just to watch them play 45 over and over.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 am

Bluuu wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
They dedicate a song to you the first time they play Hammersmith. Wink

1930?

Coul'da Been A Contender (my 'signature' tune ['steady now steady now'])
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:13 pm

You know you're a true Gaslight fan if... Your dad tells you not to talk about them for one whole evening. There's been no conversation for 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 pm

AGoodTime wrote:
You know you're a true Gaslight fan if... Your dad tells you not to talk about them for one whole evening. There's been no conversation for 3 hours.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:30 pm

If you spend several hours debating what each part of the fan club terms and conditions means.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:39 pm

If you spend several hours debating what each part of the fan club terms and conditions means.

That deserves applause too. But since I just used it...hmmm...
High Five
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:43 pm

njguy99 wrote:
AGoodTime wrote:

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

lol! That's a good one!
Back to top Go down
saraM87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
saraM87

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:14 pm

riversedge wrote:
You think people who don't like them have mental health problems.

Agreed!!

Also if you request a large amount of Gaslight songs for your wedding when only you and your sister are fans Smile

Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:03 pm

(This is for guys) You're 99 percent sure you're straight, but you would (essentially) give up everything to marry Brian Fallon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...   You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a True Gaslight Fan If ...
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next