DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

Go down 
+95
Hanswurst
Try Me
Chesser19
NYYFAN523
aaydmc2
moonlight
Holland
Grant Michael
stagedive
OldManShoes3
RobertODonnell
TheEmptyBones
drifter69
Yozzy
holdsteady82
Harbortown
Prisoner
Tom1911
rgillies
Danieljsmith
DaleCooper
Breanne
Erik Drost
Camus
J_Bizness
JimmyB
Vibes
turnitin2004
steph
El Jefe
brianisbae
njguy99
rumham
The Angry Johnny Revue
BuddyHolly
Silver
jdc
TheSultanOfSwing
ghosttocoast
Krusimo
bakerfall
HorribleCrowe
simo
bobbyjames
White Man In Hammersmith
riversedge
CluckyB
'49mercury
DeathoftheCool
Daire
snakester
JJW319
A_Regular
J.B.R.
enola
stephendgaf
Christophe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
plugga
Steve70s
AP1989
Kosburn59
jonnyz83
Joe Jack
TGAFAN25
bringiton
19thirty
IKeeptheDiner
YouCanCallMeSally
Bea
kirstyt
StitchesOnTheRadio
luckyman
oh_megan
Jerseyrain
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jeff
TGAforLIFE
eagles1139
saltandburn1967
thomas94
Debonair
LuceroDiehard
SirBrad
ral
CasanovaBaby90
songs like a comfort
Down by the Mersey
40 Miler
acousticbandit
azlisa
Jack
Rock bus
Klown
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm

i don't think simply switching countries works. like 'enola' has said, you need to have an account in that country, and the only way of doing that is by having a valid credit card from said country... give it a try though, who knows maybe it works.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Bea wrote:
i don't think simply switching countries works. like 'enola' has said, you need to have an account in that country, and the only way of doing that is by having a valid credit card from said country... give it a try though, who knows maybe it works.

exactly. My experiences with amazon are that you can easily order from other country sites. Mind you I never did that for digital downloads so far. Regardless you will need an amazon account to order anything ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
danny4690
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey guys I work in a HMV (music store) and we got the album in today in advance of the release on Monday. Luckily we're allowed to play pre-release stuff and I got a few listens through the album at volume today. I have to say it's excellent. Mabey not quite as good as 59 Sound but definitely better than American Slang by a long shot. Best songs are probably 'Too Much Blood' and 'Howl' (I think, I got mixed up as I couldn't follow track by track with being in work) and National Anthem is a great song, acoustic, but less melancholy and less heavy subjects than the other acoustic songs.
Overall it's an excellent album, I can't wait to hear the extra tracks on the deluxe edition which we haven't got in yet.
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

danny4690 wrote:
Hey guys I work in a HMV (music store) and we got the album in today in advance of the release on Monday. Luckily we're allowed to play pre-release stuff and I got a few listens through the album at volume today. I have to say it's excellent. Mabey not quite as good as 59 Sound but definitely better than American Slang by a long shot. Best songs are probably 'Too Much Blood' and 'Howl' (I think, I got mixed up as I couldn't follow track by track with being in work) and National Anthem is a great song, acoustic, but less melancholy and less heavy subjects than the other acoustic songs.
Overall it's an excellent album, I can't wait to hear the extra tracks on the deluxe edition which we haven't got in yet.
\

Did the copy you were listening to have Blue Dahlia?
Spoiler:
The iTunes preview I just heard makes it sound easily like one of the best songs on the album, but for some reason it's relegated to being a bonus track on the deluxe edition. Only a few more days till I can hear the whole thing!

The Amazon preview was awesome enough, and when
Spoiler:
I fucking lost it. No other record has made me this emotional before, and sometimes I feel like Brian was hiding in my backseat a few months ago with a notebook Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:03 pm

He said it didn't
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:04 pm

A_Regular wrote:
He said it didn't

Well, that's embarrassing. I was in such a hurry to get that message out because my laptop was dying I didn't see the last line.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Teenage Rebellion sounds great from the iTunes clip Smile
Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chesser19

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:55 am

Didn't even know the iTunes previews were up. Gonna have to check those out!
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Chesser19
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:06 am

Teenage Rebellion sounds very Bon Iverish which I guess doesn't surprise me given Brian has praised their work before in interviews and that they cover Blood Bank in between Angry Johnny Radio.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:29 am

CD going into my computer as I type. Only listened through once, can't wait to get it on the iPod. Always find it better to listen to new stuff when I'm on the move.
Back to top Go down
Emusic
A Contender
A Contender
Emusic

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:33 am

mingus wrote:
riversedge wrote:
So how many countries get the album in the 20th? I tried to look but couldn't find an answer.

My record store in Belgium says they will have it this Friday Smile

Wich record store may that be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be & http://themusicmakesmehappy
DaleCooper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
DaleCooper

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Has a CD rip not leaked yet? You would think at this point they would almost want it to since so many people are probably hearing this from a low quality web stream rip.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathanhawkins.net
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

DaleCooper wrote:
Has a CD rip not leaked yet? You would think at this point they would almost want it to since so many people are probably hearing this from a low quality web stream rip.
i agree. c'mon Brian, post a CD rip for us!
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Emusic wrote:
mingus wrote:
riversedge wrote:
So how many countries get the album in the 20th? I tried to look but couldn't find an answer.

My record store in Belgium says they will have it this Friday Smile

Wich record store may that be?

http://bilborecords.be/

It's only in Leuven, but they do have an online store (but I doubt that they will be able to send it before the weekend)
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28