DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions

Go down 
+83
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Down by the Mersey
bt211
COCO
Emusic
eagles1139
snakester
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
debaser
songs like a comfort
moonlight
rumham
Silver
kissthebottle
mercyandaminute
kirstyt
RandyMachoManCabbage
'49mercury
Johnxazn
luckyman
Matilda Noir
Vibes
brianisbae
Hanswurst
osumarko
sadly_ecstatic
saltandburn1967
PJayBe
1930!
semrad8
Jagveer ///
loazis
A_Regular
Kosburn59
stephendgaf
Joe Jack
19thirty
Van Der Twix
Debonair
The Boxer
Christophe
bobbyjames
Koens
holdsteady82
StopAndSlideToTheRight
brucesboots
steph
cheddar88
StitchesOnTheRadio
moreblue
YouCanCallMeSally
jerzshore732
njguy99
moodydan
LuceroDiehard
enola
SirBrad
bringiton
ExitEnglish
ral
TGAforLIFE
Shrewsbury_Stars
azlisa
thomas94
CluckyB
El Jefe
Bea
TGAFAN25
riversedge
oh_megan
crutchfield
JJW319
Ghost
simo
steady now steady now
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Joe Thumb
Crockin
Jerseyrain
Klown
JimmyB
shadow0129
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:06 am

Camus wrote:
Bonus content question: In the liner notes it says "Access even more content: Go to http://www.gaslightanthem.co.uk/handwritten with this CD in your computer to access exclusive content." I'm using Linux so this won't work for me - what am I missing out on? Is it anything I won't have seen before?

I have a PC but still can't get it to work. You have to visit a website, sign in with Facebook etc. and have the disc in your PC to verify your purchase (though there is an iTunes option as well). Then I get a security warning ("can't verify publisher"), and the internet tells me I have to change all my ActiveX settings to dnager levels, and it still doesn't work ("please wait - loading software" - well, I'm still waiting).

The website is http://gaslightanthem.pushexp.com/welcome/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 am

The super deluxe US version of handwritten is shipping this week. Or at least that's what I was told by Topspin.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am

onbackstreetsinbackseats wrote:
The super deluxe US version of handwritten is shipping this week. Or at least that's what I was told by Topspin.

How nice of them. The buzz for this has definitely worn off and I'm kind of regretting spending the $67. Hopefully I love it when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 pm

anyone got there LP/T shirt bundle yet, got the poster last week ?
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:58 pm

I am waiting on the limited signed deluxe as well. For me it doesn't make that much of a difference because I also ordered the standard CD and got that last Monday. Hopefully the delay means that it's really the band members signing the copies and not the summer interns Wink . My guess is that they got the copies later than expected and then they were busy with the shows.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 am

brucesboots wrote:
anyone got there LP/T shirt bundle yet, got the poster last week ?

Yeah I'm still waiting for the Tshirt and the vinyl to show up but I got the poster last week.

I think I saw that Klown had received his, but the record was beaten up and damaged Sad
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:41 am

Yeah, got mine on Saturday, InfiniteMerch still haven't got back to me about the damaged sleeves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 am

Got an email this morning...looks like it shipped yesterday from Indiana and is expected to arrive by end of day tomorrow. Woo hoo.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:28 am

At this point I'm sort of indifferent towards it. I won't open it if there's someone on here who wants to buy it from me for $68.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 am

I'm still interested and sent you a message about it. How much would postage to England be? Thanks
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 am

moreblue wrote:
I'm still interested and sent you a message about it. How much would postage to England be? Thanks

Sorry I missed it.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

The tracking listed the package at 1.2 lbs so I used that weight and according to USPS it would cost $38 to ship it in an envelope to England.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 am

Whoa that's loads! It's usually more like $15 for a CD to ship to U.K.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:52 am

moreblue wrote:

It also has the book which i guess accounts for most of the weight.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 am

rubberducky wrote:
moreblue wrote:

I'm actually surpised it weighs that little.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
rubberducky wrote:
moreblue wrote:

I'm actually surpised it weighs that little.

same. are the pages printed on tracing paper? Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:40 pm

mine is out for delivery today (living in southwestern indiana finally pays off!)....
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 pm

got my wifes delux cd/ t shirt bundle today (poster came last week) stung with a £12 customs bill ouch....this album is draining me.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Yep I got stung with that £12 customs bill as well the other day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:06 pm

My El Jefe bundle finally arrived today!
Don't have to pay customs BUT there was no poster!! Since you guys received the poster even earlier than the shirt and vinyl I'm kinda worried...
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Got my super deluxe CD today. Didn't open it yet... but will after I get cleaned up from work.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:35 pm

YouCanCallMeSally wrote:
My El Jefe bundle finally arrived today!
Don't have to pay customs BUT there was no poster!! Since you guys received the poster even earlier than the shirt and vinyl I'm kinda worried...

you're from germany, wright ?

me too wave , and i got the poster i think a week ago but since then i'm waiting for the cd+t-shirt Sad -was it one packet ?

funny how the time we're waiting for this in the same country varies in length Surprised

so i hope this will arrive soon Wink
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:13 pm

So I opened the super deluxe CD. It's nice but not $70 nice. Glorified version of the insert/artwork in the regular CD. Each song has it's own page with the lyrics. And bigger pictures of the band and etc... The thing that bugs me the most...is the band just signed a sticker and they threw it in the book. While I'm glad I got the signed sticker. Wish they would have placed it in a slot to keep it in place/ or from falling out! In my opinion not worth it at all if you don't get the signed one.

Last edited by 19thirty on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 pm

I just got mine...opened it up and it looks pretty pitiful to be honest. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but when you pay just about $70, this isn't it. LOL

I haven't even taken it out of the shrink yet. I'm kind of on the fence if I want to hold onto this item.

Just my overall impression without even looking at it, this looks like something that should be about $30 signed or not. And now that the sticker isn't even in the book?

Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Does the sticker not have adhesive on the back? I assumed they were made to be placed (permanently) inside the front cover like regular bookplate stickers.

Any chance of photos of this? I couldn't justify the price but would love to see it.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Yeah the sticker has adhesive on the back...I just don't wanna take the chance and put the sticker on crooked! Then I'd be really pissed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions
Page 28 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next