DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)

Go down 
+11
joberschlake
mvw
Gumption
Shrewsbury_Stars
brucesboots
Roe
cowgirlwiththeblues
The Last Jukebox Romeo
ivienco
enola
steady now steady now
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Empty
PostSubject: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 2:05 pm

https://www.banquetrecords.com/the-gaslight-anthem/the-’59-sound-sessions/SD17132 [link no longer working]

Out 15 June 2018

"Celebrating the 10th anniversary of a classic album, The Gaslight Anthem are reissuing the album as well as a separate release of recordings from the sessions. Released as a CD, an LP and a special deluxe LP that includes a 60-page photo booklet."

1. The '59 Sound
2. God's Gonna Cut You Down (Johnny Cash Cover - Rare!)
3. Patient Ferris Wheel
4. Miles Davis & The Cool
5. Placeholder (Unreleased)
6. High Lonesome
7. Great Expectations
8. Our Father's Sons (Unreleased)
9. Film Noir

Is that song really called 'Placeholder' or did someone mess up??

(I have no idea if 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9 are demos. 8 has of course been released on a charity compilation as a demo and on the iTunes Session. 2 is also available already.)

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue May 01, 2018 12:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: New 59 Sound releases!   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Just saw this on the Banquet Records website! And after a bit of google it appears that the records are available on various sites! Links below!

The Deluxe version includes a 60 page photo booklet!

Preorder links: Banquet Records, Finest Vinyl, Finest Vinyl De Luxe, Amazon.de and HMV Japan

There is also a re-issue of The'59 Sound in blue/black vinyl on the Banquet website but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet!
Banquet Records;

new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Item

Last edited by enola on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 2:50 pm

isn't Our Fathers' Sons in the iTunes Sessions release?
Anyway, I preordered like the mad fan I am. Hoping it makes it through customs in Argentina.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 3:01 pm

Am I right to assume that the Deluxe, Double LP is the Sessions as well as the album itself? If so, I think i'd just get the regular LP and then the Blue/Black LP separately.

But that booklet though....arghhh stop taking my money! Mad
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 3:42 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Am I right to assume that the Deluxe, Double LP is the Sessions as well as the album itself?

Good question. You know how poor some of that pre-order info can be.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:08 pm

I didn't think I needed another pressing of The '59 Sound, but now I definitely need another pressing, it's so pretty. I should just set up a standing order to Banquet and be done with it.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 7:46 pm

I need this in my life. Smile My copy of 59 Sound has a bit of a humming warble for the last half of the second side so another pressing would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 9:07 am

The European (German) '59 Sound anniversary reissue will be a transparent vinyl with black smoke according to Finest Vinyl

Limited to 500

new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Dcbsa310

Source: https://twitter.com/finestvinyl/status/990883348108271617

Last edited by enola on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 am

Banquet are describing it as blue/black, so I think that's two pressings. I thought I saw a picture somewhere a couple of days ago, but damned if I can find it now, so maybe I just dreamed it!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 11:28 am

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Banquet are describing it as blue/black, so I think that’s two pressings. I thought I saw a picture somewhere a couple of days ago, but damned if I can find it now, so maybe I just dreamed it!

Sent from Topic'it App

Here you go: the blue/black one:
new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Dcczdc10
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am

Nice to know I didn't make it up! It's very pretty.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:31 pm

any news of a sideone dummy bundle yet ?
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 5:35 pm

enola wrote:
The European (German) '59 Sound anniversary reissue will be a transparent vinyl with black smoke according to Finest Vinyl

Limited to 500

new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Dcbsa310

Source: https://twitter.com/finestvinyl/status/990883348108271617

Finest vinyl only seem to have a postage rate for German delivery, even if you use an international address. Anybody found one anywhere that will post outside of Germany yet? Really don’t want to have to wait and go the eBay route.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 4:14 pm

The ‘59 Sound sessions LP available for preorder in the US at Darkside Records! https://www.darksiderecords.com/UPC/603967171419/The-Gaslight-Anthem_The-59-Sound-Sessions-Limited-Edition-Deluxe-LP
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 8:42 am

enola wrote:
The ‘59 Sound sessions LP available for preorder in the US at Darkside Records! https://www.darksiderecords.com/UPC/603967171419/The-Gaslight-Anthem_The-59-Sound-Sessions-Limited-Edition-Deluxe-LP

This may be the first vinyl release I skip. $60 for a single LP? I seriously doubt that the "book" that comes with this justifies the price. I'll await more details but this really seems like a desperate money grab by Side One Dummy, which fired almost all of its employees recently.
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
enola wrote:

This may be the first vinyl release I skip. $60 for a single LP? I seriously doubt that the "book" that comes with this justifies the price. I'll await more details but this really seems like a desperate money grab by Side One Dummy, which fired almost all of its employees recently.

I think just the LP was only $21 or $22 which is on par.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 5:52 am

Official pre-order now up at http://www.sideonedummy.com/store/artist/the-gaslight-anthem/1
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 6:37 am

This is proving very expensive! I just hope I don’t end up having to spend a fortune on the green one after all that.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 7:58 am

This is proving very expensive! I just hope I don’t end up having to spend a fortune on the green one after all that.

Sent from Topic'it App

You certainly don't have to.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 9:35 am

Gumption wrote:
I could do without, but who wants to be one record short of a collection?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 10:17 am

Gumption wrote:
I could do without, but who wants to be one record short of a collection?

Sent from Topic'it App

There's a feather in your cap!
Back to top Go down
mvw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Highlighter Yellow up now!!!!

https://smartpunkshop.com/products/gaslight-anthem-the-59-sound-sessions-photobook-lp-smartpunk-exclusive-300

Back to top Go down
joberschlake
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 8:36 pm

This has been an expensive release. LOL. So many colors to complete the collection.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 4:10 am

Heads up if anybody’s ordered the yellow from the U.K...they’ve reduced the postage from $52 to $36. They let me cancel and re-order to get the lower rate. Their Twitter person was really helpful!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 3:50 pm

In case anybody’s wondering...
new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) 1076da10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)   new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new release: The '59 Sound SESSIONS (CD, LP, Deluxe LP)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next