DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions

Go down 
+83
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Down by the Mersey
bt211
COCO
Emusic
eagles1139
snakester
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
debaser
songs like a comfort
moonlight
rumham
Silver
kissthebottle
mercyandaminute
kirstyt
RandyMachoManCabbage
'49mercury
Johnxazn
luckyman
Matilda Noir
Vibes
brianisbae
Hanswurst
osumarko
sadly_ecstatic
saltandburn1967
PJayBe
1930!
semrad8
Jagveer ///
loazis
A_Regular
Kosburn59
stephendgaf
Joe Jack
19thirty
Van Der Twix
Debonair
The Boxer
Christophe
bobbyjames
Koens
holdsteady82
StopAndSlideToTheRight
brucesboots
steph
cheddar88
StitchesOnTheRadio
moreblue
YouCanCallMeSally
jerzshore732
njguy99
moodydan
LuceroDiehard
enola
SirBrad
bringiton
ExitEnglish
ral
TGAforLIFE
Shrewsbury_Stars
azlisa
thomas94
CluckyB
El Jefe
Bea
TGAFAN25
riversedge
oh_megan
crutchfield
JJW319
Ghost
simo
steady now steady now
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Joe Thumb
Crockin
Jerseyrain
Klown
JimmyB
shadow0129
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 pm

ral wrote:
Does the sticker not have adhesive on the back? I assumed they were made to be placed (permanently) inside the front cover like regular bookplate stickers.

Any chance of photos of this? I couldn't justify the price but would love to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.191292444334453.43197.100003610966512&type=1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Klown wrote:
ral wrote:
Does the sticker not have adhesive on the back? I assumed they were made to be placed (permanently) inside the front cover like regular bookplate stickers.

Any chance of photos of this? I couldn't justify the price but would love to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.191292444334453.43197.100003610966512&type=1

Thanks. I definitely would've been disappointed after dropping nearly $70 on that.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I got the super deluxe today, dissapointed is an understatement. And to top things off universal music group didn't even tape the fucking box shut.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Definitely feel that us eager fans were taken advantage of.

I mean jeez, $70?! I'd honestly feel guilty selling it to someone to that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah it's kinda steep..but I'm kinda glad I grabbed one. The UK super bundle look pretty cheesy! And that is 62 euros plus shipping so that's easily over $100. While El Jefe bundles are really nice... I could personally do without another poster and tee. And didn't even grab the blue vinyl yet but that's not all that limited either. So this is prob the nicest/ most limited item for the superfan. But this is also my first/ only autographed thing from the band. So that's really what makes it for me!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:55 pm

I'm glad I'm getting it (I think, I may change my mind) but regardless the price is still and unbelievable rip off. And I'm still pissed the CD itself doesn't come with at least some kind of sleeve over it. i'm not gonna carry it around in the book. I'm beginning to regret this decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Yeah, I feel like an idiot for spending $70 on that book. Shoulda went with the El Jefe bundle. Lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:05 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Yeah, I feel like an idiot for spending $70 on that book. Shoulda went with the El Jefe bundle. Lesson learned.

Ditto. I wouldn't have jumped on it so fast if not for the limited autographed versions because not autographed would make it worth even less. Now I really wish I was waiting on the El Jefe poster instead of the book. Not that I needed another t-shirt but i could have sold that.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:15 pm

I got the El Jefe poster/shirt/LP as well and damn, for about $15 less what a steal. At least I can hang up a poster and wear a shirt.

This does have some collectibility value since there are only 300 signed copies. Damn, if you didn't get a signed copy you really got taken for.

Stiches, if you want the CD to carry around just buy the Deluxe at Best Buy or something. That's what I did which makes spending $70 on this even sillier I guess. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Ditto. I wouldn't have jumped on it so fast if not for the limited autographed versions because not autographed would make it worth even less. Now I really wish I was waiting on the El Jefe poster instead of the book. Not that I needed another t-shirt but i could have sold that.

Exactly. I kinda wish I wouldn't have taken the plastic off the book so I could just send it back! I thought it was gonna be a copy of the book, plus the deluxe CD with a case and everything too.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 pm

I guess it's good I won't be home until Monday since I would of opened it up otherwise. I get it's not worth $70 but if you could return it would you? I have no gaslight t shirts or posters so I'm sort of regretting not getting the el Jefe bundle and if it's really not worth keeping maybe I can return it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:45 am

I'm just so pissed about the amount of money it cost. so yeah I have the same question..If you could return it, would you?
Back to top Go down
LoboJones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LoboJones

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:10 am

Wow, the super deluxe package turned out to be a TOTAL ripoff. As others mentioned, the signed sticker is thrown in, the CD stuck in an insert page. The order page gave the impression you would get a deluxe edition CD digipack and a standalone book of Danny Clinch photographs - my perceived justification for dropping $70 on it. Overblown CD booklet is right. Should of been $25 at the most. Total money grab by Mercury, don't bother ordering it signed or otherwise. The El Jefe bundles are way cooler and worth the price.

Even so next album, I'm just grabbin the vinyl and that's it. I'm too old for this limited edition super deluxe never to be seen again blah blah blah run around...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lobojones.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 am

Do you think if we don't open it we can return it, even if it's one of the signed ones?
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:57 am

Not sure...probably should write and ask first.

The more I try to wrap my head around this being $70 the more I wish I had that money in my pocket for this weekend. And its even gone unmentioned that we received it 9 days after the release day which is pretty lousy for a "pre-order".

Oh well I feel bad complaining but am glad I'm not the only one pissed off.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:15 am

spent a fortune to get everything and as we still dont know about vinyls I will have spares, I do feel ripped off by Mercury.
Im just looking forward to the next THC sideonedummy release. Wink
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 am

LoboJones wrote:
Wow, the super deluxe package turned out to be a TOTAL ripoff. As others mentioned, the signed sticker is thrown in, the CD stuck in an insert page. The order page gave the impression you would get a deluxe edition CD digipack and a standalone book of Danny Clinch photographs - my perceived justification for dropping $70 on it.

I was also expecting the CD being the "standard" softpack so reading this annoyed me a bit. But then I went back to the site and with what we know now that's exactly what they described it to be. OK ... they could have given away more details so that we could have judged it better Wink
http://www.thegaslightanthem.com/handwrittenstore/

Last edited by enola on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:25 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:

what's the actual format of the 'book' (cm x cm)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 am

The book is close to 8" by 8"..so not sure what that is in cm.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:30 am

19thirty wrote:
The book is close to 8" by 8"..so not sure what that is in cm.

That's around 20x20 cm ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
LoboJones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LoboJones

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:50 am

[quote="enola"]
LoboJones wrote:
I was also expecting the CD being the "standard" softpack so reading this annoyed me a bit. But then I went back to the site and with what we know now that's exactly what they described it to be. OK ... they could have given away more details so that we could have judged it better Wink
http://www.thegaslightanthem.com/handwrittenstore/

Good point, that was my mistake. The book is described as 60 page photo book though, more than half of which is lyrics and album credits. I guess that's my beef, I really only bought it for the book and it falls far short of expectations. After flipping through it, i thought
to my self "wow, i will never look at that again" and it went on the shelf. Like I said I would pay like $25 at the most but $70+ is just grossly overpriced, autographed or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lobojones.com

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 am

i was expecting more photos in it (and not so many recycled ones from the cd booklet)...

overall, not a bad product IF it had cost around $30....

maybe its more expensive because of a low-production run?

i don't know....i just don't get the price they charged for it...
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 pm

blugel wrote:
That's probably a factor, and printing color photos can be really expensive, depending on how they did it. I publish books and usually have to price them insanely high (much more than I think they're worth), because of color and low print runs. It probably cost way more than we'd guess for them to have made these.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

subconscious ritual wrote:
blugel wrote:
That's probably a factor, and printing color photos can be really expensive, depending on how they did it. I publish books and usually have to price them insanely high (much more than I think they're worth), because of color and low print runs. It probably cost way more than we'd guess for them to have made these.

I don't think we were ever told the print run, merely that only the first 300 would be signed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:50 pm

I just got it. I'm debating on opening it. Anyone know who/how to contact about returning it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions   Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handwritten: misc. Deluxe Editions
Page 29 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next