DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 11:11 am

VIDEO: Bruce Springsteen releases rare Secret Garden performance

Bruce Springsteen has released rare performance footage of “Secret Garden”, recorded during his recent “Wrecking Ball” tour.

The song has only been played a handful of times by Springsteen since its original appearance on his 1995 “Greatest Hits” album.

"I think we've played this once or twice," Springsteen told the crowd in Leeds, England on July 24. "But there's fans that have been following us since the beginning of our European tour. They're there every night, and they provide a tremendous amount of fuel and inspiration for our band. I know what it takes to make it from city to city. I know how hard it is to get up front here and what you guys go through. So, anyway, tonight this is for Annie and her guy. It's their request."

http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/11/video-bruce-springsteen-releases-rare.html
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:51 am

Magic is definitely one of my favorite Bruce albums. The only compliant I have is the brickwalled mastering on the album. It sounds awful and grates on my ears by the end. It's still a great album but one that could have been even better without the over-compressed and distorted sound.

As for High Hopes, it looks pretty underwhelming. It's really more of a compilation than an actual studio album, which would be fine except that it's being marketed as an actual studio release.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:03 am

High Hopes seems to showcase songs that have been around for over a decade. It seems a little odd to me although I'm sure it will be a great listen.

Amazon have a pre-order up but I can't seem to find a special edition version.
Bruce usually releases a spec ed version of his cds, does anyone know of one being released?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
High Hopes seems to showcase songs that have been around for over a decade. It seems a little odd to me although I'm sure it will be a great listen.

Amazon have a pre-order up but I can't seem to find a special edition version.
Bruce usually releases a spec ed version of his cds, does anyone know of one being released?
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that there will be an Amazon UK pre-order that will feature a DVD showing the entire performance of Born in the USA that he played this year at Hard Rock Calling.

...that might be the one you acknowledged though, but that's all I have heard.
Back to top Go down
Shorestyle69
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shorestyle69

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:43 pm

So it appears AMAZON fucked up and made the MP3's for HIGH HOPES available by accident today. I downloaded all of them so i can confirm. THEY ONLY APPEAR ON A MOBILE VERSION OF THE SITE, NOT ON PC! Go get 'em!

Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Sopzl5

Last edited by Shorestyle69 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/RByrne89
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Shorestyle69 wrote:
So it appears AMAZON fucked up and made the MP3's for HIGH HOPES available by accident today. I downloaded all of them so i can confirm. THEY ONLY APPEAR ON A MOBILE VERSION OF THE SITE, NOT ON PC! Go get 'em!

link? on an iphone and can't find wherever you found it.
Back to top Go down
Shorestyle69
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shorestyle69

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Is it against the rules for me to post a link? I don't want to get banned? However, they are officially purchased MP3's from amazon, i paid for them.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:52 pm

I doubt you'll get banned for posting a link to an amazon screw up.
Back to top Go down
Shorestyle69
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shorestyle69

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:57 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HDOUTQQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1388250357&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 pm

thanks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:16 pm

After my first listen, I think it's a pretty good album. Will have to listen to some more when I get out of work. We need some tour dates here in the states!!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Shorestyle69 wrote:
Is it against the rules for me to post a link? I don't want to get banned? However, they are officially purchased MP3's from amazon, i paid for them.

As long as things are being paid for and not being distributed/downloaded by other means that would bypass it you're fine.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:37 am

Haven't listened all the way through yet, but I like what I hear. Nice to have American Skin (41 Shots) as an album track, and it sounds great.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:27 pm

It's no longer on Amazon but it is on Mediafire
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:05 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
And almost every other torrent site haha
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Rizz wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:

The chatter on the BTX is that the record co. ain't sad about this
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:10 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
Rizz wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:

The chatter on the BTX is that the record co. ain't sad about this

In the end, whether it was intentional or not, leaking Bruce's music isn't going to hurt the record company because the people who would pirate the leaked album for free more than likely were never going to buy it anyways. Whereas I almost never buy albums because I joined spotify. However, I ended up buying it on amazon just to hear it early.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:30 pm

the album is pretty good. i'd say it's probably not as good as any of the other E Street band albums, but there is some good stuff on here, glad I listened. The studio versions of American Skin and the Ghost of Tom Joad are pretty incredible, and I enjoyed the covers (High Hopes, Just Like Fire Would, Dream Baby Dream) more than I thought I would. Heaven's Wall is probably my favorite song I hadn't heard before, the gospel vibe and really great instrumentation makes it so fun to listen to. I love being able to actually hear the bass!
There are a lot of sad songs too, especially Down in the Hole and the Wall. These ones were a little slow but the tone of these songs is a good counterbalance to the upbeat stuff.
The album overall has an interesting mix of Biblical/gospel imagery coupled with talk of modern struggles. You can tell Bruce revives songs like American Skin and Ghost of Tom Joad for a reason, they are more relevant now maybe then when they were released.
Raise your hand raise your hand raise your hand!
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm

i'm enjoying Down In The Hole and Frankie Fell In Love quite a bit
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 3:22 pm

If you live in the UK, the guardian newspaper is streaming the full album for a while so here's the link:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jan/06/bruce-springsteen-high-hopes-album-stream
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 pm

I've been listening to this album all day and I love it. So many great moments and I can tell that I'll be carrying this music around for a while just like Wrecking Ball. I'm so grateful that at 64, Bruce is still churning out relevant, enjoyable music for us to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 3:09 am

I think it's just okay. It has some great tracks and a lot of forgettable ones, at least to my ears. It isn't bad by any stretch but it sounds like what it is, which is a hodgepodge of random tracks that don't necessarily form a coherent whole.
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:20 am

Thunder Peel wrote:
I think it's just okay. It has some great tracks and a lot of forgettable ones, at least to my ears. It isn't bad by any stretch but it sounds like what it is, which is a hodgepodge of random tracks that don't necessarily form a coherent whole.

I like about three songs on this, and one of them isn't even Bruce's. I think I try to like modern Bruce way more than I actually like modern Bruce. Kind of a bummer.
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Rolling Stone posted a new article with the full interview with Bruce about High Hopes. He mentions at one point about Brian calling him to record either The Wall or a similar song and Bruce kind of dashed his hopes and told him the E Street Band had just done it.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:29 pm

You know what I want to hear Bruce Cover? "Summer Of 69"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 34 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next