DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
sarahjay
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sarahjay

Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:43 pm

I grew up listening to Springsteen. My parents listened to the radio a lot, but didn't own many albums - I'm pretty sure the only cassette tapes they had when I was a kid were "Rock '86" (so many good memories of this one! Haha!), Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album, and Springsteen's Born in the USA. My sisters and I used to dance around the house to Born in the USA, and I had every song memorized. I loved EVERY song on that album.

It's funny, because I hadn't listened to his music in such a long time, but because of Gaslight I rediscovered it and remembered how incredible it was. When you're a kid, too, you have such an imagination, so I still have such vivid pictures in my head when I hear all these songs, with all of the made-up stories behind the songs that I created as a child. I think "I'm on Fire" and "Dancing in the
Dark" are my favourites.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:06 am

I think Bruce is an incredible songwriter but I just can't stand the production in a lot of his music.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:46 am

simo wrote:
I think Bruce is an incredible songwriter but I just can't stand the production in a lot of his music.

This may be sacrilegious, but I completely agree with you... the more production in the album the less I like it... and that is why Nebraska is by far my favorite album (not to mention my favorite concept album of all time)
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:46 pm

e7c wrote:
simo wrote:

This may be sacrilegious, but I completely agree with you... the more production in the album the less I like it... and that is why Nebraska is by far my favorite album (not to mention my favorite concept album of all time)

I'm with you on Nebraska, which I bought when it came out, not realising that it was a real stripped down solo effort. 'Atlantic City' is one of my all time favourites. However, I don't have the same production issues as you, expect for Born in the USA (I hate the synth). In fact, all the albums have a different sound, which keeps Bruce's work interesting (even if Magic was a throwback to earlier sounds).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:32 am

This may be even more sacrilegious but I'm not a huge fan at all, but I do like The Ghost Of Tom Joad and another album he did recently of American folk music. He has a few great songs no doubt and he is a great musician and songwriter. I think I respect him much more than I like his music, his 41 Shots thing in New York was really cool and he seems quite down to earth.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:03 am

if your a Tom Joad man, than you have to see this if you haven't yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-oDAxx8So
Back to top Go down
Over pro

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:42 pm

To be quite honest, in some cases I do agree that he goes a little overboard, but that really isn't the worst thing he could ever do. 'Atlantic City' is one of my favorites also, but, "Nebraska" was just another one of the intricate phases of what is one of the most ever-changing, songwriter's cache of ideas. Some people really like the fact that he goes all-out in his music. I'm one of them that just really enjoys every aspect of it. I really don't care if there's too much synth just as long as it doesn't jar the meaning of the song too badly.
Back to top Go down
AmandaC.
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AmandaC.

PostSubject: Bruce's Answeing Machine Messaege   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:57 pm

WOW! Now I know that, I wonder what Jigsaw's answering machine message would be? Anyway, that was pretty awesome. I wonder how many people would sit through that whole thing and forget to leave their message?..!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:35 am

here's an article asking "Who's the next Springsteen?"

inevitably, TGA feature amongst others

http://www.avclub.com/milwaukee/articles/whos-the-next-bruce-springsteen,35101/
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Anyone have any good live audio of Springsteen? If not could you point me in the right direction to a good Springsteen forum?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:43 pm

There is the live album 'Live 1975-85' which is pretty awesome.

A while ago I remember someone on here mentioning that there was a Springsteen tourist company thing that arranged trips abroad to see Bruce live and was wondering who they where (I seem to remember a record store being involved) as I want to incorporate it into an essay im writing on music and tourism.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Ryan wrote:
Anyone have any good live audio of Springsteen? If not could you point me in the right direction to a good Springsteen forum?

here's my list of some awesome bootlegs (some are soundboards, some are audience tapes, some are matrixes, but they all sound great)

1975-02-05 Main Point
1978 Passaic Night
1988 Stockholm Summer Night (horns!)
1999-10-23 Prodigal Son in the City of Angels
if you're into his folky side, Jazzfest 2006 is pretty awesome. Springsteen singing My City of Ruins to a post-Katrina New Orleans...
2009-11-10 Cleveland Neo (amazing recording, full Born to Run album performed)

if you're cool with lossy files, you can download these at http://btxmp3index.freeforums.org/index.php

if you're one of those audiophiles, you can torrent these in lossless formats at http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/

as far as officially released audio, my favorite is Hammersmith Odeon '75. Live in New York City and Live 75-85 are also very good. all are available through iTunes.

i hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:30 pm

I love Bruce. He's very much a part of my musical blood, in that my dad has played him around the house just about every day since I was an infant. And he really has stuck with me that long. He's a constant influence on my songwriting and arranging, as I think Born to Run's is essentially the perfect rock 'n' roll record in terms of those two qualities. What gets me about Bruce is he basically combined the coolness of Elvis and the songwriting prowess of Dylan into the ultimate rock 'n' roll hero.

All hail the Boss.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 pm

kieran wrote:
A while ago I remember someone on here mentioning that there was a Springsteen tourist company thing that arranged trips abroad to see Bruce live and was wondering who they where (I seem to remember a record store being involved) as I want to incorporate it into an essay im writing on music and tourism.

This probably comes too late, but the store is Badlands in Cheltenham.

www.badlands.co.uk

Their travel site is at

www.badlandstravel.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:25 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
I think Born to Run's is essentially the perfect rock 'n' roll record in terms of those two qualities.

In my opinion it's simply the greatest collection of music of all time. Nothing on that record could be improved.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:30 pm

darkness on the edge of town.
the entire 78 tour.
better than they have ever been.
Back to top Go down
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Ryan wrote:

Audio:
Live In NYC 2000
Hammersmith Odeon London 75'
Live 1975-1985
Also, check out jungleland.it, there's some terrific torrents on there that I think you will definitley enjoy.
As for forums to join, there's Greasy Lake, which I joined once but never went back after a few tries, and the main one, Backstreets. com (BTX), which I think is the main forum and fan base for myself and others. Check it out. Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:43 pm

AmandaC. wrote:
I know I'm new but, I would like to say I'm a HUGE fan of Bruce Springsteen. I think it's cool that the album references him so much, and I think he really appreciates it.

I think that their music has paid the biggest tribute to Bruce more than any other band has.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Bruce Springsteen's Message to Bruce Jackson's Family   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:50 pm

http://vimeo.com/20820728
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Dropkick Murphys and Springsteen Peg O' my Heart (Pro Shot)   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:48 pm

nothing against Bruce but can we have like one general Bruce thread where people can post all the videos and stuff in it...rather than having a new thread for every video.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:55 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
nothing against Bruce but can we have like one general Bruce thread where people can post all the videos and stuff in it...rather than having a new thread for every video.

done; I moved them into an old Springsteen thread

Springsteen posters, please take note
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

Looks like we've got one, OGC.

Huw bout a Dropkick Murphys Thread????????

Bruce was secondary in that video
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:23 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

done; I moved them into an old Springsteen thread

Springsteen posters, please take note

thank you Alexander.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:23 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Looks like we've got one, OGC.

Huw bout a Dropkick Murphys Thread????????

Bruce was secondary in that video
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t941-dropkick-murphys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 2 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next