DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)

Go down 
+83
miked331
Grant Michael
Jack
RaggedSailsHigh
Labhras
mrklenrd
PC89
riversedge
jzancan
Chris Riot
HorribleCrowe
azlisa
CluckyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
JimmyB
eagles1139
semrad8
brianisbae
CasanovaBaby90
BuddyHolly
stephendgaf
ccr_2108
Mary Ann
norwegianstar
moosicmaniac
Don Carlo
Shorestyle69
JJW319
Holland
Prisoner
thecosmickid
kirstyt
cheddar88
TheOtherNewestOne
Klown
AmSlang59
Jerseyrain
drifter69
chickenman
backseat99
TGAFAN25
steph
Bea
cephcarn4
dmac
mrsincere
bt211
TMulv
DaleCooper
turnitin2004
rivercities
Velocity
EveryLittleSecret
fatbench
big blue
SirBrad
ral
LuceroDiehard
IKeeptheDiner
rumham
No Retreat
prettyontheinsidex
J.B.R.
mercyandaminute
NeverTrustAJunkie
TGAforLIFE
plugga
TGA30
Camus
The Angry Johnny Revue
acousticbandit
YouCanCallMeSally
nyranger66
njguy99
Jules
Shrewsbury_Stars
colmillionaire
'49mercury
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Rizz
Christophe
Debonair
rsj
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:09 pm

anyone know if i would have any luck at the music hall box office? i'm going to be in brooklyn tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DaleCooper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
DaleCooper

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Keep trying if you didn't get one. Sometimes people let their cart expire. I just got one after refreshing for 10 minutes non stop. Nerve racking.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathanhawkins.net

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 pm

shit, one of the cheapest tickets on stubhub is almost 100 bucks.
Back to top Go down
TMulv
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TMulv

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Those that didn't get tickets, were you trying to buy more than one? I got one but my friend tried to get 2 and his sister tried to get 2 and they both were unsuccessful
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Sorry to see so many got shut out today. Tickets already on Stubhub and Ebay. Unreal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Is it too early to ask if anyone has extras? Lol
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 pm

yep tried for two. i always buy an exttra because it seems a friend always needs one on the day of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 pm

i tried to get two tickets at first, then one. no go.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

turnitin2004 wrote:
i was lucky enough to get a pre sale ticket (dont throw anuything at me please) and it appears its a will call only for the pre sale.

does anyone have any experience with concert maps? i've never dealt with them?

whats the deal, i just show up to the venue as the doors open with the email confirmation, and my ID and they give me my ticket somewhere at the venue will call?

thanks for the help!

It's kind of annoying you can't pick the ticket up before doors open... what if i want to be in line early, how is that going to work out?
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:17 pm

chanter wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:
i was lucky enough to get a pre sale ticket (dont throw anuything at me please) and it appears its a will call only for the pre sale.

does anyone have any experience with concert maps? i've never dealt with them?

whats the deal, i just show up to the venue as the doors open with the email confirmation, and my ID and they give me my ticket somewhere at the venue will call?

thanks for the help!

It's kind of annoying you can't pick the ticket up before doors open... what if i want to be in line early, how is that going to work out?

You can probably get in line early and they will have your name on a list and check you off. That's my guess.

I am pretty sure you won't even get a hard copy ticket (which annoys me since I collect them).
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:20 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
i just show up to the venue as the doors open with the email confirmation, and my ID and they give me my ticket somewhere at the venue will call?

Pretty much! Usually ID is enough, but definitely come with a printout of your confirmation to avoid problems. Sometimes you don't get an actual ticket, they just cross your name off a list and let you go in (like Bowery Ballroom for example). Sometimes you can get in a separate line for Will Call then they just let you go in from there, and other times you have to get your ticket at will call and get back in line (which sucks if you go alone to a show). I guess just contact MHOW so you know what to expect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:21 pm

yeah, i give up on ticketmaster. /sigh
Back to top Go down
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:36 pm

To anybody that was successful on ticketmaster:

Was it will-call only on ticketmaster? I was unsuccessful, but I've just purchased some inflated tickets on stubHub. It says that they will be available for download. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but i still don't feel safe that my tickets will be 100% legit.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:37 pm

No ticket for me either Sad . I had no problem getting the ticket window, asked for 1, typed the letters correctly and immediately got the sold out.
I wonder if they may consider adding a second show. There is nothing scheduled for the following Thursday or Friday.
Back to top Go down
Velocity
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Velocity

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:40 pm

No, it wasn't will-call only. You could get the tickets mailed (and I think you were able to print them out, but I didn't pay attention to that because I always get real tickets). The only way you could get will-call was if you ordered internationally (or just from Canada? not sure).
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 pm

I took a train at 6 am from Philly up to the Mercury Lounge, waited for the better part of 3 hours, and was able to get 4 tix. There was maybe 5 other ppl in line who all got tix. The box office guy asked everyone how many tix each person was getting at like 1145, and printed them all at 12 on the dot. Someone asked about online tix and the dude at the box office was like "no way, instant sell out"
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:18 pm

EveryLittleSecret wrote:
I took a train at 6 am from Philly up to the Mercury Lounge, waited for the better part of 3 hours, and was able to get 4 tix. There was maybe 5 other ppl in line who all got tix. The box office guy asked everyone how many tix each person was getting at like 1145, and printed them all at 12 on the dot. Someone asked about online tix and the dude at the box office was like "no way, instant sell out"

why was mercury lounge selling tix to this? there all part of the same group that owns a lot of these places i guess.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:20 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
EveryLittleSecret wrote:

why was mercury lounge selling tix to this? there all part of the same group that owns a lot of these places i guess.

Yeah the music hall box office isn't open on Fridays, so I called mercury on wedensday and made sure I could get em
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:21 pm

EveryLittleSecret wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:
EveryLittleSecret wrote:

Yeah the music hall box office isn't open on Fridays, so I called mercury on wedensday and made sure I could get em

Yes, all part of Bowery Presents.

Pretty cool story about getting in line though. Guy must have been able to put a hold on that amount of tickets which is nice to know for the future.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:23 pm

depends how nice the guy is though, otherwise you could end up not getting tix and being upset you couldnt even try online.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:30 pm

EveryLittleSecret wrote:

That is some serious dedication on your part. Bravo.
Back to top Go down
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:43 pm

I was online at noon, and had typed CAPTCHA code in by 12:00:10, and was denied. I had to resort to stub hub because there was no way I was missing this show. There must be a way they can prevent scalpers from exploiting us fans for shows like this. Perhaps go to a lottery system like phish uses, or require that the purchaser of tickets enter the venue with his/her +1, like radiohead at roseland last year. Some sort of hybrid system could be used whereby people enter bids for tickets before they are on sale, let the demand for a show drive up the price of tickets before they even go on sale, this would cut into the profit margin of potential scalpers and the fans who are so determined to not miss a show (i.e. me) will still pay more, but at least our money can be given to the artist and the venue, as opposed to these filthy scalpers. In this proposed system a number of tickets would also be set aside to be awarded at a set lower price, based solely on a lottery so that fans with limited funds still get a fair shot. Lastly, this show could have just as easily sold out at a place like roseland and 6 times as many people could have enjoyed it while still being a very intimate venue.
Back to top Go down
mrsincere
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:47 pm

EveryLittleSecret wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Pretty On The Inside, your name reminds me of Hole.

Anyway, I doubt the non-board members are thinking about being courteous to us, but I see what you mean. No fair monopolizing purchases as fun as that might be.

EXACTLY! the folks on here live and breath TGA, and i think the die hards deserve to be at something this special!

Read this site sometimes and enjoy seeing what you guys write about. But I have to say that this is total nonsense. What is all this "non-board members" "die hards" stuff? You guys are fans of a band. So are a ton of other people. A lot of them aren't going to spend time writing about that band on the internet (on a forum most of them probably don't even know about) no matter how much they dig them or how many times they've seen them or how long they've been into them. Hell, I like a lot of bands. Some of them, I like way too much! But I don't often go wax poetic about them on the internet unless I'm asked to or otherwise have a reason to. Where or how people express their love of a band makes absolutely no difference.

I think it's really cool that so many people love Gaslight. But they don't all need to be in one place. Next time you're at a show, look around and tell me you're not all there for the same exact reason...to rock and roll have a good time. Yowza. Sorry for the essay. Just wanted to step in there. Have fun guys. See you at the show.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Ticket scalping is the problem here. It's disgusting how many tickets are already on stubhub. Id rather pay that kind of money to the band than to someone who's just out to make money. I'm pretty bummed about how this played out, but there's always next time I guess.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:34 pm

prettyontheinsidex wrote:
Ticket scalping is the problem here. It's disgusting how many tickets are already on stubhub. Id rather pay that kind of money to the band than to someone who's just out to make money. I'm pretty bummed about how this played out, but there's always next time I guess.

Gaslights Twitter: Dear ticket buyers, we're trying to find a way to prevent scalpers from buying our tickets & reselling them for more money... We apologize.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)   Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn, NY show (5/16/12)
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next