DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brooklyn Bowl

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

Brooklyn Bowl Empty
PostSubject: Brooklyn Bowl   Brooklyn Bowl Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm guessing some of you on the East coast have been to shows at the Brooklyn Bowl. I'm seeing a show there next week and have never been. What time does the crowd generally begin lining up if doors are at 6? Is there a balcony? Is it safe to take the subway back to manhattan after the show? Obviously I'm from out of town. Any guidance is appreciated!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Brooklyn Bowl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn Bowl   Brooklyn Bowl Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Ya take the L train back to manhattan (14th street I believe Its the 1,2, or 3). It was super safe, I've done it multiple times.

Get there at 6 if you want to eat food/drink. Otherwise there is no reason to be there at doors. Get there 45 minutes before the show and you'll have no problem getting up to the front if thats what you want to do.

No balcony unless you want to bowl, which is 40 dollars. Then you have a little step above the rest of the crowd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Brooklyn Bowl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn Bowl   Brooklyn Bowl Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:53 pm

If you're like me and don't like standing around, call ahead to make sure what time the set actually starts. Twice I've had it start later (like half hour to an hour later) than the website said.

I've arrived inside the venue one hour before show start and was literally the only person in the front row. Everyone else was busy bowling/eating/drinking and didn't start piling into the show area til the last minute.

I agree that I think it's safe to take the subway. I am sure plenty of others will be doing the same.

I love that place.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/8339809108/in/set-72157632417789992 Here's a photo of the show area. The stage is actually on the right but you can't see.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/8338734591/in/set-72157632417756824 Here's a photo of what people are doing before show time that I took while I was the lone nerd at the stage Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brooklyn Bowl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brooklyn Bowl   Brooklyn Bowl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn Bowl
Page 1 of 1