DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)

Go down 
+31
'49mercury
StitchesOnTheRadio
EveryLittleSecret
mingus
Vibes
Steve70s
rsj
LuceroDiehard
Holland
Camus
njguy99
TGA30
YouCanCallMeSally
Christophe
Jerseyrain
jeffrey2
simo
jonnyz83
plugga
Bea
B701
big blue
enola
steady now steady now
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
eagles1139
TGAforLIFE
Shrewsbury_Stars
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 am

thank you!
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Steve70s wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/cfy49gy

running order:

Intro
Great Expectations
American Slang
Old White Lincoln
Interlude 1
The Navesink Banks
Miles Davis & The Cool
Interlude 2
Boxer
Interlude 3
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
The '59 Sound
Interlude 4
Here's Looking At You, Kid

You're my hero of the day, Steve! Thanks cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 am

enola wrote:
Steve70s wrote:

running order:

Intro
Great Expectations
American Slang
Old White Lincoln
Interlude 1
The Navesink Banks
Miles Davis & The Cool
Interlude 2
Boxer
Interlude 3
The '59 Sound
Interlude 4

You're my hero of the day, Steve! Thanks cheers

no problem
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:50 pm

rsj wrote:
Steve70s wrote:

running order:

Intro
Great Expectations
American Slang
Old White Lincoln
Interlude 1
The Navesink Banks
Miles Davis & The Cool
Interlude 2
Boxer
Interlude 3
The '59 Sound
Interlude 4

Thanks!

Here's a version at 320kbps for those who are interested. I've also kept the interludes at the start of each song within the song itself...

Live At The Press Room.zip (101.86 MB)
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/50283568/file.html

I also made some album art to go with it:

Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 GUH9M

THANKS!!!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 pm

I finally got a chance to listen today - thank you so much for posting it!

A really great set, and Brian seemed to be having a good time. It also answered the important question of just what he was drinking from that Guinness glass!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Haha Brian is getting TORN APART by some people on twitter and punknews.

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:09 pm

What? People on Punknews tearing someone up? That's crazy. Next you'll tell me Blabbermouth kids are insulting every band they post about.

Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 pm

njguy99 wrote:
I finally got a chance to listen today - thank you so much for posting it!

A really great set, and Brian seemed to be having a good time. It also answered the important question of just what he was drinking from that Guinness glass!

Haha he mentioned it was coke during the interview.
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:43 pm

anyone else take a look at the comments on the punknews.com article on the show? Like some of them are REALLY messed up Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Yeah haha, I thought about posting the link here but changed my mind.
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:48 pm

simo wrote:
Yeah haha, I thought about posting the link here but changed my mind.

I mean i read some where guys were saying they hope stuff happens to his wife. WTF thats not right, disagree with what he said or not thats not cool.

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 pm

'49mercury wrote:
anyone else take a look at the comments on the punknews.com article on the show? Like some of them are REALLY messed up Crying or Very sad

I should have stopped reading after the first comment, but I didn't. Crying or Very sad That made me so sad, and so angry! People are rude, judgmental, disrespectful idiots sometimes. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm

I don't get why Punk News doesn't just ignore Brian and Gaslight. Clearly they've had an issue with how "punk" the guys are for awhile now.

It's really messed up, some of the stuff they said. And how they got the idea that he was homophobic from his comments about Morrissey is beyond me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I don't get why Punk News doesn't just ignore Brian and Gaslight. Clearly they've had an issue with how "punk" the guys are for awhile now.

It's really messed up, some of the stuff they said. And how they got the idea that he was homophobic from his comments about Morrissey is beyond me.

hard to ignore a big band like TGA...also part of the reason TGA got 'big' and was added to the fest was because of the constant attention they gave to gaslight from the early days.

as for the people who leave comments....don't judge a site based on the people who leave comments. (I hope no one looks at our forum and reads everything JimmyB says and judges the forum based on that).

there are people on punknews who comment on articles just to start shit. at the end of the day, we have to take it as some random dude on the internet who just published his own opinion cause he/she could..nothing serious.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

hard to ignore a big band like TGA...also part of the reason TGA got 'big' and was added to the fest was because of the constant attention they gave to gaslight from the early days.

as for the people who leave comments....don't judge a site based on the people who leave comments. (I hope no one looks at our forum and reads everything JimmyB says and judges the forum based on that).

there are people on punknews who comment on articles just to start shit. at the end of the day, we have to take it as some random dude on the internet who just published his own opinion cause he/she could..nothing serious.

True, I should clarify, I mean the people who leave comments, not the site itself. There's always going to be negative comments on any site but that one amazes me for how harsh the viewers are to TGA.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Yeah I try to ignore the commenters on there. Funnily enough I used to write reviews on there once in a while and once I got a fact about Jawbreaker wrong and everybody got really mad at me. That's when I stopped posting on there haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

True, I should clarify, I mean the people who leave comments, not the site itself. There's always going to be negative comments on any site but that one amazes me for how harsh the viewers are to TGA.

Like i said, there are always going to be people who leave comments just to start shit.

also if you guys think these comments are harsh then you should have seen the comments left by people when Against Me signed to Sire back in 08.

now that stuff was mean.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:06 am

That's sick...and not in a good way.

Remember what was said during the interview - something about the Punknews forums going crazy. Well, there ya go...
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 am

njguy99 wrote:

Remember what was said during the interview - something about the Punknews forums going crazy. Well, there ya go...

Most of the comments don't bother me. I think a lot of the vitriol over what Brian said about the Smiths and Replacements is totally understandable.

Brian dissed two bands that have achieved legendary status. He's in a band that's been around for six years. While Brian's comments didn't bother me, I understand Replacement/Smiths/Jawbreaker fans being pissed off. Thus, responses like "Gaslight isn't that good either" are completely in bounds. Not everyone is going to like the same music as me and people saying that Gaslight sucks doesn't affect me one way or the other. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

As to the personal coments (such as those relating to Brian's weight and religion), I just laugh at those. There's lots of idiots on the internet. If you're going to get bent out of shape over all of the stupidity you read, you won't be able to leave the house.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:54 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

Most of the comments don't bother me. I think a lot of the vitriol over what Brian said about the Smiths and Replacements is totally understandable.

Brian dissed two bands that have achieved legendary status. He's in a band that's been around for six years. While Brian's comments didn't bother me, I understand Replacement/Smiths/Jawbreaker fans being pissed off. Thus, responses like "Gaslight isn't that good either" are completely in bounds. Not everyone is going to like the same music as me and people saying that Gaslight sucks doesn't affect me one way or the other. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

As to the personal coments (such as those relating to Brian's weight and religion), I just laugh at those. There's lots of idiots on the internet. If you're going to get bent out of shape over all of the stupidity you read, you won't be able to leave the house.

The personal comments are what got to me so much. No matter how much anyone disagrees with Brian's comments about The Replacements, The Smiths, etc., it does not justify saying that you hope something horribly violent happens to his wife or attacking his religion. I don't understand why people get so up in arms over the fact that Brian is Christian. Those are his personal beliefs that he doesn't force on anyone else, so why should it matter to anyone who believes something different?

Commenting on the music and what Brian said in the interview should be done with respect, even if you don't like what you heard. Attacking someone like so many of the Punknews commenters did is just being a jerk. People need to grow up.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

Attacking someone like so many of the Punknews commenters did is just being a jerk. People need to grow up.

I don't disagree. But these people are never going to grow up. I choose not to let it bother me. I choose instead to laugh at their stupidity (and the fact that they're probably living in their parents' basement).

It's kind of like my reaction to reading comments on FoxNews.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:04 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

Attacking someone like so many of the Punknews commenters did is just being a jerk. People need to grow up.

I don't disagree. But these people are never going to grow up. I choose not to let it bother me. I choose instead to laugh at their stupidity (and the fact that they're probably living in their parents' basement).

It's kind of like my reaction to reading comments on FoxNews.

Well said. Clap
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 am

'49mercury wrote:

how they find time to insult bands on the internet is beyond me, do they not have lives to live? they just look like teenagers dealing with their hormones, very sad!

also I love the smiths and I love Morrissey but you can't deny he's a douchebag. Now COME AT ME SMITHS FANS.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Morrissey? a douchebag NO WAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! I disagree with Brian by the way they should not reform The Smiths it would be crap, on the other hand when i met Johnny Marr one of my first observations that i had was that he was a little old to be wearing skinny jeans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)   Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park: The Press Room solo show (3/31/12)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next