DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+17
eremitapa
The Angry Johnny Revue
loazis
DeathoftheCool
Holland
mingus
HorribleCrowe
NeverTrustAJunkie
Labhras
Debonair
The Poet Jonah
plugga
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
steph
JimmyB
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Good news everyone....If I ever got challenged to playing Freebird...I can offically play the whole song almost note for note. (Solos excluded)
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:30 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Sometimes I feel like I'm an old lady! It's very scary! Then someone will mistake me for a college student or card me and I feel much better. Most of the time I feel like a housewife of sorts, but I'm not married and the kids aren't technically mine. I have a very weird life!

I know! I am trying to do better with the emails, but I am the worst procrastinator! Luckily my friends and family are very understanding with my...eccentricities. Yeah, let's go with eccentricities. Razz

yeah, it's a little different! (your life)

what's gonna happen with your job and the kids when you get married/have kids of your own/get a different job/move away?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Good news everyone....If I ever got challenged to playing Freebird...I can offically play the whole song almost note for note. (Solos excluded)

good news, jimmyb, i have a very happy tummy right now cause i just fed it a yummy baked potato. with sour cream and mustard and corn and jalapenos! Very Happy

no, but that is good news! now go learn the damn solos!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:32 pm

JimmyB wrote:

I CHALLENGE YOU TO PLAY FREEBIRD AND POST THE RECORDING HERE! I love that song so much. Way to go! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:33 pm

JimmyB wrote:

The solo is the only thing impressive about the song though Mad
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:42 pm

I think I just wrecked my singing voice for the night trying to do "Rocking in the free world" Embarassed Laughing affraid
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:44 pm

steph wrote:
Sometimes I feel like I'm an old lady! It's very scary! Then someone will mistake me for a college student or card me and I feel much better. Most of the time I feel like a housewife of sorts, but I'm not married and the kids aren't technically mine. I have a very weird life!

I know! I am trying to do better with the emails, but I am the worst procrastinator! Luckily my friends and family are very understanding with my...eccentricities. Yeah, let's go with eccentricities. Razz

what's gonna happen with your job and the kids when you get married/have kids of your own/get a different job/move away?

Sigh...I don't really know how my job/life ended up like this. I worked so hard to maintain a professional line that was never to be crossed (I call it the Mommy Line), but it's pretty much been erased. For the first few years it was pretty normal, but when the little one started school, their mom went back to work fulltime (she's a doctor), and the balance of power began to shift. Over the next couple of years, she continued to work more, meaning that I was working more, and I basically became the one in charge. I went from being the nanny/homeschool teacher, to also being the house manager, personal assistant, chauffeur, and essentially, a third parent. I have chaperoned school field trips, taken kids to the doctor/dentist, signed release forms, had impromtu parent/teacher conferences, etc. I taught the kids about stranger danger, 911, inappropriate behavior, death, religion (luckily they have the same beliefs that I do), everything short of where babies come from. In a way, they are my kids, even though they aren't technically mine.

I don't have a formal agreement with them, but I have pretty much committed myself (in my heart and in my head) to working with them for as long as they need me. The kids need me, not just as a physical caretaker, but on an emotional level. Especially the older one. She is extremely emotional and dramatic and no one gets her except for me, because she is a lot like me when I was a kid. It's kind of scary actually. I'm afraid to think of what would happen to her if I wasn't here to help her through life. If and when I am ever lucky enough to get married and have kids, if they still need me, I will still work. There was a time when I thought I might get custody of my nieces and nephew, and I had it all worked out where I would bring them to work with me part of the week, so I would do the same thing if I had children of my own. It would all work out.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Um...the lyrics and the emotion of the song are very impressive, Andrew! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:46 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I think I just wrecked my singing voice for the night trying to do "Rocking in the free world" Embarassed Laughing affraid

That's a good one too! Have you heard Bon Jovi's cover? It's a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Guitar wise Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:51 pm

steph wrote:

Sigh...I don't really know how my job/life ended up like this. I worked so hard to maintain a professional line that was never to be crossed (I call it the Mommy Line), but it's pretty much been erased. For the first few years it was pretty normal, but when the little one started school, their mom went back to work fulltime (she's a doctor), and the balance of power began to shift. Over the next couple of years, she continued to work more, meaning that I was working more, and I basically became the one in charge. I went from being the nanny/homeschool teacher, to also being the house manager, personal assistant, chauffeur, and essentially, a third parent. I have chaperoned school field trips, taken kids to the doctor/dentist, signed release forms, had impromtu parent/teacher conferences, etc. I taught the kids about stranger danger, 911, inappropriate behavior, death, religion (luckily they have the same beliefs that I do), everything short of where babies come from. In a way, they are my kids, even though they aren't technically mine.

I don't have a formal agreement with them, but I have pretty much committed myself (in my heart and in my head) to working with them for as long as they need me. The kids need me, not just as a physical caretaker, but on an emotional level. Especially the older one. She is extremely emotional and dramatic and no one gets her except for me, because she is a lot like me when I was a kid. It's kind of scary actually. I'm afraid to think of what would happen to her if I wasn't here to help her through life. If and when I am ever lucky enough to get married and have kids, if they still need me, I will still work. There was a time when I thought I might get custody of my nieces and nephew, and I had it all worked out where I would bring them to work with me part of the week, so I would do the same thing if I had children of my own. It would all work out.

i can see how it would be easy for the "Mommy Line" to slowly get pushed further and further...hard to maintain that professional line when the job you're doing is so personal.
it sounds like the girls would probably be pretty upset if you weren't there every day anymore!
that's cool, though, it seems like it's a good situation for everyone involved! and even though there are undoubtedly some frustrations that come with your job, you still love your job. i think that's better than some crappy retail job!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Guitar wise Razz

Okay, I'll agree with that.

How have you been, Andrew? You haven't been in the Spam thread a whole lot lately! Is the rest of the forum keeping you really busy?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:58 pm

steph wrote:
steph wrote:

i can see how it would be easy for the "Mommy Line" to slowly get pushed further and further...hard to maintain that professional line when the job you're doing is so personal.
it sounds like the girls would probably be pretty upset if you weren't there every day anymore!
that's cool, though, it seems like it's a good situation for everyone involved! and even though there are undoubtedly some frustrations that come with your job, you still love your job. i think that's better than some crappy retail job!

Definitely! I have worked retail before and it was okay, I learned from it, but that's not the kind of job I would ever want to do again.

My job is a lot of fun, unconventional, weird, frustrating, a little insane at times, and hard for other people to understand the complexities of, but I'm all of those things too, so it really is a perfect fit! Razz
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:02 am

Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Guitar wise Razz

How have you been, Andrew? You haven't been in the Spam thread a whole lot lately! Is the rest of the forum keeping you really busy?

I've just Been randomly busy with work, and I had that trip last weekend. Though more recently I've been working on stuff with the forum, I had a major break through on how to code on here, which has kept me up till like 4 am these past few nights.

But believe me I'm here , I read every post, there's just alot going on admin wise Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:02 am

retail sucks Neutral i hate my life when i have a job like that

my dog just carried his tomatoes into my room, set them on the carpet, and just glared at my other dog to let her know that she isn't getting them. Razz dogs are so amusing
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:11 am

Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Guitar wise Razz

I've just Been randomly busy with work, and I had that trip last weekend. Though more recently I've been working on stuff with the forum, I had a major break through on how to code on here, which has kept me up till like 4 am these past few nights.

But believe me I'm here , I read every post, there's just alot going on admin wise Razz

I know you're on here a lot, I just figured you didn't have time to waste slumming in the Spam thread. Razz That's great that you've had some luck with the code for the forum! Do you have any big plans for this place that you can share?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:14 am

steph wrote:
retail sucks Neutral i hate my life when i have a job like that

my dog just carried his tomatoes into my room, set them on the carpet, and just glared at my other dog to let her know that she isn't getting them. Razz dogs are so amusing

Your dogs eat tomatoes?! Scooby won't go anywhere near them. He is the pickiest dog I have ever seen. If it isn't a meat, dairy, or bread product, he doesn't want it. And he won't eat his dog food unless there is some kind of people food on it too. So spoiled!

I'm sure you've said before, but what kinds of dogs do you have?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am

yeah, they do, haha! one day i dropped a cherry tomato on the floor, and one of the dogs got it and seemed to enjoy it, so now we give them two little cherry tomatoes with their dinner. it's like their dessert. it's so funny to see them bite down into and squish, it squeezes tomato juice all over.

Rufus even likes pickles. THAT is weird.

haha, yeah, some dogs can be picky, and some will eat just about anything!

Rufus is a Brussels Griffon/terrier, and Misfit is a Maltese/Pomeranian. and Jello is a Yorkie/Poodle, but he lives far far away with my mom. i gotta take a photo of Rufus and put it on here one day, he is the scruffiest puppy ever and he has a white mohawk. Razz

i'm sort of obsessed with my pups. i'll end up being a Crazy Old Dog Lady, instead of a Crazy Old Cat Lady!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 am

Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Guitar wise Razz

I know you're on here a lot, I just figured you didn't have time to waste slumming in the Spam thread. Razz That's great that you've had some luck with the code for the forum! Do you have any big plans for this place that you can share?

Nothing I can currently speak on, but stuff is coming.

Im working on the structure of the site right now, steady now wants me to wait on the album art work to design stuff around pic and color wise.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:26 am

steph wrote:
yeah, they do, haha! one day i dropped a cherry tomato on the floor, and one of the dogs got it and seemed to enjoy it, so now we give them two little cherry tomatoes with their dinner. it's like their dessert. it's so funny to see them bite down into and squish, it squeezes tomato juice all over.

Rufus even likes pickles. THAT is weird.

haha, yeah, some dogs can be picky, and some will eat just about anything!

Rufus is a Brussels Griffon/terrier, and Misfit is a Maltese/Pomeranian. and Jello is a Yorkie/Poodle, but he lives far far away with my mom. i gotta take a photo of Rufus and put it on here one day, he is the scruffiest puppy ever and he has a white mohawk. Razz

i'm sort of obsessed with my pups. i'll end up being a Crazy Old Dog Lady, instead of a Crazy Old Cat Lady!

Aw, they sound so cute! I would love to see a picture of Rufus and his mohawk! I always say that Scooby has a mullet because the hair on the back of his neck is kind of long and it's really short on top of his head. And he has these funny short blonde eyelashes and very expressive eyebrows. He's so funny!

Pomeranians are adorable! My cousin has one that is just hilarious. She is the little dog surrounded by six big huge dogs and three children, and she runs the house. She is the boss and the big dogs all know that what she says goes. She is 14 (I think) and has slowed down a little, but she still prances around like a puppy. She's a cutie!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:30 am

Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Guitar wise Razz

Nothing I can currently speak on, but stuff is coming.

Im working on the structure of the site right now, steady now wants me to wait on the album art work to design stuff around pic and color wise.

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome! It will be nice to see things changed up a little bit around here, but it makes sense to wait for the artwork on Handwritten to be released before new designs are thrown around. I honestly can't imagine where you would even begin because all of that stuff is foreign to me. Technology and electronics are not my friends! No
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:30 am

Great hike, but god damn my legs are sore. Especially since I had my leg workout at the gym yesterday, haha.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 am

Hey John! Did you hike up the side of a mountain again? Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:34 am

i'll post a photo as soon as i locate the cord that connects my camera to this computer. aww. dogs are the best. i love all dogs. pretty much. there may be an exception or two. there are a couple dogs i take care of on a regular basis that are Shar Peis, they're one of the least attractive dogs i've seen. but they've grown on me...very slowly.
that doesn't surprise me that the Pomeranian is 14, from what i've heard, smaller dogs tend to live a little longer than bigger dogs. although you never know, i read some news story recently about the oldest dog on record, who was somewhere in his 20s. crazy!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:40 am

steph wrote:
i'll post a photo as soon as i locate the cord that connects my camera to this computer. aww. dogs are the best. i love all dogs. pretty much. there may be an exception or two. there are a couple dogs i take care of on a regular basis that are Shar Peis, they're one of the least attractive dogs i've seen. but they've grown on me...very slowly.
that doesn't surprise me that the Pomeranian is 14, from what i've heard, smaller dogs tend to live a little longer than bigger dogs. although you never know, i read some news story recently about the oldest dog on record, who was somewhere in his 20s. crazy!

Wow, that's really unusual! My dad had a dog growing up, I think she was a dauchshund, and she lived to be about 20. The dog I had growing up was a dauchshund/chihuahua mix and she lived 15 years. The next dog I had was a German Shepherd/Pitbull/Akita mix (he was brilliant, he thought like a person and was so, so sweet). We lost him when he was only eight due to a brain tumor. I thought I was going to die when he passed away. Now we have Scooby. He will be 12 in May, but he still acts like he's two most of the time. It's like he doesn't age! He is really healthy and more active than most Chows (he's a Chow/Husky mix), so I'm hoping he will live for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next