DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artist or band you like but...

Go down 
+29
TGAforLIFE
mirrorenigma
HorribleCrowe
Keeb631
MKULTRA
RobertODonnell
Camus
JJW319
NYYFAN523
drifter69
Gaslight23
Ghost
The Angry Johnny Revue
IrishNameAndAnInjury
simo
Velocity
nebraska
plugga
colmillionaire
waltzingseñora
ozfacter
spgilbert
Holland
CharlotteGaslight
Jerseyrain
Harbortown
steph
NeverTrustAJunkie
Phil Rockabill
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Sometimes when I'm home alone I stick on Fall Out Boy' second album and pretend I'm 9 years old again.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:03 pm

I used to be embarrassed that I was a fan of Nickelback, but hell they do no frills hard rock songs and are great live.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:12 pm

Ghost wrote:
I used to be embarrassed that I was a fan of Nickelback, but hell they do no frills hard rock songs and are great live.

We'll both be tarred and feathered!

I'm not really embarrassed that I like Nickelback. Their songs might not be the most thought provoking or deep, but after a long day at work taking care of children and using my upbeat, kid-appropriate nanny talk, blasting Burn it to the Ground is pretty fun!
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:47 pm

plugga wrote:
backstreet boys are AWESOME.
Well my ipod contains full discographies of: lady gaga, beyonce, katy perry and random boyband stuff but I am frankly more ashamed to admit I quite like Hurts. Especially this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1v1pMdIoQ&ob=av2e
Seriously. I like it a lot.

Hurts are brilliant! Smile
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
plugga wrote:
backstreet boys are AWESOME.
Well my ipod contains full discographies of: lady gaga, beyonce, katy perry and random boyband stuff but I am frankly more ashamed to admit I quite like Hurts. Especially this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1v1pMdIoQ&ob=av2e
Seriously. I like it a lot.

Hurts are brilliant! Smile

I think they are a bit too inspired by depeche mode (which I love!) But yeah, their album is great dancing material!
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:36 am

Velocity wrote:
Hootie & the Blowfish. Probably because my mom played their album on repeat in the mid-90s and it grew on me, hah. And Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson and a bit of Coldplay here and there. Viva la Vida is such a fantastic album, no shame.

Slightly more embarrassingly, the first 2 or 3 Good Charlotte albums. They were one of my favorite bands when I was 12, and I'm too nostalgic for my own good.

My god! This band was getting lots of radio airplay back in the mid 90's. I still got the CD....original "pressing".....how much do you think it's worth on ebay? Rolling Eyes Razz

Their 3 biggest hits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aVHLL5egRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoW3bqnr7tw&feature=relmfu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6WQqRDrCo&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 am

Yes, that Pitbull song.
Plus this one haunts me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2up_Eq6r6Ko and CRAP I think I like this one too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LefQdEMJP1I&feature=relmfu What is going on!

Also, flag waving Kid Rock fan here. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT STEPH I SAID IT!! :O I mean, I haven't bought an album in a few years but I saw him again this past summer for the first time in awhile and I liked it. Plus he posted my article link on his site (or his people did) and I appreciated that immensely.

I saw Limp Bizkit more times than I should say in public. To quote myself when I used to drunk defend them: "Look. I know Fred Durst isn't the John Lennon of our time, but dammit if I don't have a great time at their shows."
Back to top Go down
Velocity
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Velocity

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 am

Phil Rockabill wrote:
Velocity wrote:
Hootie & the Blowfish. Probably because my mom played their album on repeat in the mid-90s and it grew on me, hah. And Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson and a bit of Coldplay here and there. Viva la Vida is such a fantastic album, no shame.

Slightly more embarrassingly, the first 2 or 3 Good Charlotte albums. They were one of my favorite bands when I was 12, and I'm too nostalgic for my own good.

My god! This band was getting lots of radio airplay back in the mid 90's. I still got the CD....original "pressing".....how much do you think it's worth on ebay? Rolling Eyes Razz

Their 3 biggest hits:

Bwaha, I see at least five copies of that album in the used section for $4 every time I go to a record store. And I think it's hilarious to see a young(er) Keith Olbermann in the Only Wanna Be With You video!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 am

love kid rock, always been one of my favourite artists and never really been embarrased,when people have not liked him and poked fun i have put his albums on and they became fans. main reason im such a big fan is because as a big fan of all music he creates abit of everything rock,hip hop, metal, country, blues etc. this is class too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9qn-DIeY4
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:54 am

My god there are a lot of Kid Rock fans floating around here.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:32 pm

I'll go on record right now and say that So Hott is one of my favorites by Kid Rock. And yes I loved it when pyro predictably blasted during the chorus at the concert.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 am

I've got disco on my iPod. Plus Backstreet Boys and Lady Gaga. And Robin Sparkles.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:44 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I'm not really embarrassed that I like Nickelback. Their songs might not be the most thought provoking or deep, but after a long day at work taking care of children and using my upbeat, kid-appropriate nanny talk, blasting Burn it to the Ground is pretty fun!

nickelback? NICKELBACK?! Sweet jesus...I'll give you Good Charlotte, hell, I'll even give you Limp Bizkit, but this is too much. For shame, people, for shame. That shit isn't even music, it's like my ears are being raped. They oughta be sentenced to prison for crimes against man. In my mind, there are certain genres of music, rock, punk, etc...nickelback falls under "good ol' fashioned rapin' music". SERIOUSLY what else could they be good for?!

Last edited by steph on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:08 am

Ghost wrote:

Shocked this takes the cake, imo.

For me, I'd say Coldplay and Dashboard Confessional. Especially Coldplay. I got a lot of shit from friends for liking them.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 am

steph wrote:
Ghost wrote:

nickelback? NICKELBACK?! Sweet jesus...I'll give you Good Charlotte, hell, I'll even give you Limp Bizkit, but this is too much. For shame, people, for shame. That sht isn't even music, it's like my ears are being raped. They oughta be sentenced to prison for crimes against man. In my mind, there are certain genres of music, rock, punk, etc...nickelback falls under "good ol' fashioned rapin' music". SERIOUSLY what else could they be good for?!

As has been said, yes the lyrics are stupid, but they play riffs loud and if you've had a long hard day and just want to be brainless for awhile blasting out their songs is great.

Quote :

Ghost wrote:

Quote :

this takes the cake, imo.

Ever seen them live? Because they can seriously put on a show.

And btw they are a lot better then Kid Rock & Coldplay Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:57 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Angels and Airwaves

Gah! I love AvA. Wasn't expecting to see them on here but I can see where you come from, their sound(s) aren't easy to love. Certainly took me some time before fully enjoying their albums.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 6:02 am

Ghost wrote:
steph wrote:
Ghost wrote:

nickelback? NICKELBACK?! Sweet jesus...I'll give you Good Charlotte, hell, I'll even give you Limp Bizkit, but this is too much. For shame, people, for shame. That sht isn't even music, it's like my ears are being raped. They oughta be sentenced to prison for crimes against man. In my mind, there are certain genres of music, rock, punk, etc...nickelback falls under "good ol' fashioned rapin' music". SERIOUSLY what else could they be good for?!

As has been said, yes the lyrics are stupid, but they play riffs loud and if you've had a long hard day and just want to be brainless for awhile blasting out their songs is great.

Quote :

Ghost wrote:

Quote :

Coldplay is one of the biggest rock bands in the world, and Chirs Martin in particular is an excellent writer... You even just admitted that Nickelback's lyrics are stupid so how do you listen to them? And yes I used to work at a concert venue and unfortunately had to work one of their concerts. Lots of pyrotechnics, and I could have sworn they just kept playing the same song over and over again...
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 6:26 am

JJW319 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Angels and Airwaves

Gah! I love AvA. Wasn't expecting to see them on here but I can see where you come from, their sound(s) aren't easy to love. Certainly took me some time before fully enjoying their albums.

Got my ticket to see them in April bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Camus wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Angels and Airwaves

I feel bad that after all these years, I still haven't looked into them AT ALL. I've heard one song and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:22 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
steph wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Quote :

Ghost wrote:

Quote :

Coldplay is one of the biggest rock bands in the world, and Chirs Martin in particular is an excellent writer... You even just admitted that Nickelback's lyrics are stupid so how do you listen to them? And yes I used to work at a concert venue and unfortunately had to work one of their concerts. Lots of pyrotechnics, and I could have sworn they just kept playing the same song over and over again...

Nickelback are also one of the biggest rock bands in the world, so that kind of mutes that point. I do admit Nickelbacks lyrics are stupid, but that doesn't mean I can't listen to them...sometimes there is more to music then the words. It's like I have different bands, for different needs. I'm not a massive Nickelback fan or anything, but they do put on a great show and sometimes their no-nonsense rock is a good tonic that's all.

As for Coldplay, some of their songs are good, but I just find them dull as a band, both live and on record. Although their recent trick with the flashing wristbands was one of the coolest things I've seen at a gig. It's all opinion.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:27 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Camus wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Angels and Airwaves

I feel bad that after all these years, I still haven't looked into them AT ALL. I've heard one song and that's it.

If were a blink fan you will probably enjoy them. Just pick a couple of songs and listen - it's all very similar
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Camus wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Camus wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Angels and Airwaves

If were a blink fan you will probably enjoy them. Just pick a couple of songs and listen - it's all very similar

Vocally it's similar. Musically not a whole lot. There's lots of spacey stuff and intricate instrumentals. Songs are very monumental (and long) and arena-esque though.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:18 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Camus wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Camus wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Angels and Airwaves

Vocally it's similar. Musically not a whole lot. There's lots of spacey stuff and intricate instrumentals. Songs are very monumental (and long) and arena-esque though.

Hah, I actually meant pick an AvA song, and those will all be fairly similar to each other, but I can see why you thought otherwise
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:28 pm

^ of the handful of AvA songs i've heard, i've enjoyed the music and thought i might like the song until he starts singing...just cant handle that nasally voice. ruins what might otherwise be an enjoyable band for me.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Camus wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
Camus wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Camus wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Angels and Airwaves

Hah, I actually meant pick an AvA song, and those will all be fairly similar to each other, but I can see why you thought otherwise

Ahh, ok. Yeah, I agree on that part then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artist or band you like but...   Artist or band you like but... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artist or band you like but...
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next