DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?

Go down 
+55
mwh
Clementine
GraveRobbers
brianisbae
plugga
amberfoyd
fullcollapse
Gaslight23
broden29
rikerd21
goldlion_
StreetsRunRed
Jack
Bigtittykitty
JerseyDevil
Holland
loazis
joe
Perry
djmayne2001
steph
number the fat cats know
WoodyJoe
stephendgaf
Turn the Casanova On
kieran
scarysmurf
mademoiselle_k
andy.mac
Vibes
lynchyeatspizza
kcdc
massie1903
Daire
Stevearm
Reinvent good times
Asleepontheforestfloor
LBAZ
Chris
ktp
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
brick
Stalls_Standing
Refused
steveguttenberg
ShieldYourEyes
CutTheRope
Scott
geezfools
isthisreal
JoshRaymond
e7c
Forum Owner
xstevenbx
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:33 pm

I booked mine the other day for may 16th, i can't wait, i have ideas for a full Gaslight inspired sleeve
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:36 pm

I already have one, on my right arm (see my icon/avatar thing), and I'm planning another. It'll take over the inside of my left forearm and involve The Hold Steady's "stay positive" logo, a bunch of waves, and some banners with "we sing with our heroes, 33 rounds per minute."

Gaslight is pretty much a lifestyle choice for me by this point. I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:07 am

here i. may seems so far. but that is when i plan on getting my own as well. when i pass my classes that will be my reward even if i dont but i want to!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm getting mine after I graduate Smile hopefully next january in London!
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:14 pm

I'll be 18 in September, so I'm trying to think of something good. I've wanted Stay Hungry on one wrist and Stay Free on the the other for a while, but I feel like I've grown up a bit and would want something deeper. I definitely need some Gaslight ink though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:02 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Gaslight is pretty much a lifestyle choice for me by this point. I'm fine with that.

hahah, same here!!!

I've always been kinda freaked out about getting tattoos, but I think if I ever got one it would probably be Gaslight related.

Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:08 pm

I always said I'd never get tattoos. Then I got one, realized I absolutely love how it feels, got another, and now I've accepted my fate.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
I always said I'd never get tattoos. Then I got one, realized I absolutely love how it feels, got another, and now I've accepted my fate.

same but before i had any for me it was i didnt know if i'd ever get one. and know i know (: 4 and counting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
GraveRobbers
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Gaslight Tat... I've been thinking about this for a while. I definitely want one, it's just finding the right one that gives you that feeling.

I was thinking maybe the brass knuckles that are part of the sideonedummy logo on american slang, and getting american slang written across it in that cursive font.

or

Have a sunrise and having, you were much to much for me: for red in the morning

or

This spanish dancer in those spanish dressers and have senor and the queen written around her.

or

Have this tower falling to pieces and up the middle of the tower have "Lose the tragic"

I know I can't make my mind up, but it's probably gunna be one of those. I'm really liking the last one right now.

Any oppinions.
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:19 pm

GraveRobbers wrote:
Gaslight Tat... I've been thinking about this for a while. I definitely want one, it's just finding the right one that gives you that feeling.

I was thinking maybe the brass knuckles that are part of the sideonedummy logo on american slang, and getting american slang written across it in that cursive font.

or

Have a sunrise and having, you were much to much for me: for red in the morning

or

This spanish dancer in those spanish dressers and have senor and the queen written around her.

or

Have this tower falling to pieces and up the middle of the tower have "Lose the tragic"

I know I can't make my mind up, but it's probably gunna be one of those. I'm really liking the last one right now.

Any oppinions.

I've been tattooed 23 times....don't get a tattoo that says or endorses any brand (i.e. Side 1 Dummy or American slang logo) You'll regret it. I love this band too...but I would never tattoo anything so obvious....go the more obscure route to pay tribute to them. That way you'll always know what it means to you but not be mocked if for some reason the love of Gaslight fizzles out.......I speak from experience.I had the celtic tattoo that Flea from Chili Peppers had on his left peck. Thought I would always love the band, met the band, found out he was a dick, and have since covered that tattoo up........just sayin
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Photo.php?fbid=1479186888980576&set=a.1437282799837652.1073741826

My newest piece. I've got two Stooges pieces, one Ramones piece and a Social D piece, as well as a random work-related chest piece and a little spider on my neck from "Transmetropolitan". Next one is another Social D piece on my chest.
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:29 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1500548456844419&set=pb.100006678362576.-2207520000.1405142685.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xaf1%2Ft31.0-8%2F10498256_1500548456844419_1267640461843833744_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xfp1%2Ft1.0-9%2F1604955_1500548456844419_1267640461843833744_n.jpg&size=1536%2C2048
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:24 am

Find a very good reputable tattoo artist and give him some ideas and I'm sure he can sketch up something original.
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:35 am

If the album is as good as the single, I'm thinking of upside down hearts on my shoulders next to the collarbone piece. GET on one side, HURT on the other
Back to top Go down
MustangSally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MustangSally

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 am

Oh I would love a Gaslight tattoo. I only have one tattoo on my wrist, of a jar. I love drawing jars. Haha. Not sure what I would get but I would probably get it on the side of my neck or something. Mwh I think your idea sounds really good! Your photos aren't showing up though?
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:42 am

I'll try again Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 View.php?pic=2qk0bv8&s=8#

Social D piece I got last week.

So far I've got two Stooges pieces (Gimme Danger on my collarbone and Search & Destroy on my back), a Ramones piece on my chest (Poison Heart, with a heart pierced with syringes, long story), one Gaslight piece on my shoulder (No Retreat No Regrets with a ferries wheel) and two Social Distortion pieces, the one on my sternum and one on my other shoulder (Born To Lose, Destined To Fail with a ball and chain picture).
Back to top Go down
MustangSally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MustangSally

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am

Still can't see it. Maybe it's me....the site doesn't work so great via iPad. 

I like the sound of the "gimme danger" on your collarbone!

I think the get hurt heart would make a great tattoo. 

I've been thinking of getting a little rotary phone because I work in Customer service.
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Clementine wrote:
I've been tattooed 23 times....don't get a tattoo that says or endorses any brand (i.e. Side 1 Dummy or American slang logo) You'll regret it. I love this band too...but I would never tattoo anything so obvious....go the more obscure route to pay tribute to them. That way you'll always know what it means to you but not be mocked if for some reason the love of Gaslight fizzles out.......I speak from experience.I had the celtic tattoo that Flea from Chili Peppers had on his left peck. Thought I would always love the band, met the band, found out he was a dick, and have since covered that tattoo up........just sayin

Heed these words children. I never got one, but I can't even imagine how embarrassed I would be by the tattoos I might've had in mind at 18.
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:26 pm

MustangSally wrote:

I've been thinking of getting a little rotary phone because I work in Customer service.

I got the "Gimme Danger" when my second fiance left me, a little reminder to myself not to bother trying to have a regular domestic life anymore. It hurt like an absolute bastard, ain't gonna lie. Probably the second most painful thing I've ever done, right after my last motorbike accident.

My current semi-girlfriend just got the bottom of her ribs done, apparently that sucks incredibly hard as well.
Back to top Go down
MustangSally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MustangSally

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:47 am

mwh wrote:
MustangSally wrote:

I got the "Gimme Danger" when my second fiance left me, a little reminder to myself not to bother trying to have a regular domestic life anymore. It hurt like an absolute bastard, ain't gonna lie. Probably the second most painful thing I've ever done, right after my last motorbike accident.

My current semi-girlfriend just got the bottom of her ribs done, apparently that sucks incredibly hard as well.

Second fiancé to boot? Domestic life ....no thanks.... I'd rather jump off a cliff. Lol.

....only less painful than a motorbike accident?...yeowch!

Makes sense though since that skin is stretched right thin over the bone...I also heard that the tops of the feet are a doozy.
Back to top Go down
MustangSally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MustangSally

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:50 am

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
Clementine wrote:

Heed these words children.  I never got one, but I can't even imagine how embarrassed I would be by the tattoos I might've had in mind at 18.  

I third that. Best to get down toThe root or essence of what a band makes you feel, because that is a part of who you are, and get a tattoo to represent that. My ex's sister had the most terrible tattoos.....like she raided the sticker stash inside the trapper keeper of a Goth girl. Lol.
Back to top Go down
gchestney
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:59 am

I'm contemplating getting a tattoo after i get married next year. Not fully decided on what it should look like but i'm thinking about having it be designed like a rope with the ends at the top of the arm frayed to look like it's just snapped. It's going to wrap around the wrist and then wrap round the arm to the shoulder. Then along the rope will be selected lyrics from various songs, not just TGA but others too. The lyrics from TGA song i'm looking at using right now are:

STOP PACING AROUND AND WAITING FOR SOME MOMENT THAT MIGHT NEVER ARRIVE (Stay Lucky)
NO RETREAT NO REGRETS (Meet Me By The Rivers Edge)

Gone for lyrics that can eiter be recognised as a lyric from the band or just have it's own meaning away from the music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5