DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?

Go down 
+55
mwh
Clementine
GraveRobbers
brianisbae
plugga
amberfoyd
fullcollapse
Gaslight23
broden29
rikerd21
goldlion_
StreetsRunRed
Jack
Bigtittykitty
JerseyDevil
Holland
loazis
joe
Perry
djmayne2001
steph
number the fat cats know
WoodyJoe
stephendgaf
Turn the Casanova On
kieran
scarysmurf
mademoiselle_k
andy.mac
Vibes
lynchyeatspizza
kcdc
massie1903
Daire
Stevearm
Reinvent good times
Asleepontheforestfloor
LBAZ
Chris
ktp
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
brick
Stalls_Standing
Refused
steveguttenberg
ShieldYourEyes
CutTheRope
Scott
geezfools
isthisreal
JoshRaymond
e7c
Forum Owner
xstevenbx
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:25 am

sounds great keiran can't wait to see the pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Turn the Casanova On
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Turn the Casanova On

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

It may be cliche, but if I were to get a Gaslight tattoo, it would be "No retreat, no regrets".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 pm

I kinda wanna get a Frank Turner tattoo first and then get a Gaslight Anthem tat
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:32 am

Turn the Casanova On wrote:
It may be cliche, but if I were to get a Gaslight tattoo, it would be "No retreat, no regrets".

I dont think thats a Cliché at all anyway fuck what others think as long as it means something to you thats the important thing IMO other people can think or interperet it how they want its your interpretation that matters.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:36 pm

scarysmurf wrote:

And I have the boat with the waves up to the dolphins on the back of the 7" Sink or Swim demos on my leg.

Pic.
I was thinking of getting that somewhere.
Back to top Go down
WoodyJoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WoodyJoe

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 am

Vibes wrote:

So for me that line is kind of complex. It has the element of dementia to it but at the same time I did love her more than the stars in the sky and this is a way of honoring her wish of never forgetting her. My name did escape her and that was the painful part. Sadly I was a little too young and immature to realize exactly what she was going through so I goofed on her a lot. I was 11 or 12 and didn't really get that she was actually losing her mind and her ability to think. She was a brilliant woman.

I know what you mean. I grandfather had dementia when I was around that age and I hate how immature I was about it, but it devestated me and still sometimes when I think about it it brings tears to my eyes. I've been thinking of a good tattoo to commeorate his life and affect on me and decided to just get his signature done on my wrist.

On the subject of Gaslight tattoos however I would definitely get "No Retreat, No Regrets" or "If you're too tired, go to sleep my brothers I'm alright to drive". The first because in my life I have to constantly tell myself to always look at things through a more positive lens and stop looking at the past so much.
And the second one because without my friends I would not be the person I am today.
Back to top Go down
WoodyJoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WoodyJoe

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 pm

I am now on my way to getting "no retreat" on one wrist and "no regrets" on the other.
I just got a quote today.
I'm looking at $200 all told.
Back to top Go down
number the fat cats know
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:28 am

I'm going to be getting a design from one of their shirts (the winged record for those of you that know it) but I've yet to gather the money.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 pm

WoodyJoe wrote:
I am now on my way to getting "no retreat" on one wrist and "no regrets" on the other.
I just got a quote today.
I'm looking at $200 all told.

i like the idea of that, and i really like wrist tattoos, well most of the time. the only reason ive held off on something like this is that it seems to be a common theme for gaslight-related tattoos. although thats just my personal reasoning, don't mean to make it sound like its a bad idea. it's all about what it means to you, anyways. are you gonna get it in any particularl font/script?
Back to top Go down
WoodyJoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WoodyJoe

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Yeah.
Just a pretty simple cursive-y font he had examples of in his portfolio.
It's easily legible but kind of curly and airy at the same time.
Back to top Go down
djmayne2001
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
djmayne2001

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:15 pm

hey guys,

some really neet tats about. I posted mine on the 'introduce yourself' part of the forum but can't seem to get a unique URL for it to post here. So here it is again and the back story to it just below:

Last year i decided i wanted to do a bit of a tour of america so i booked a trip with a company and saved for most of the year to go. Having saved so long i had such great expectations of the trip and boy it didnt disappoint. On the last night we were in Boston and i went to see the Gaslight Anthem. Hearing brian fallon singing Great Expectations kind of bought it all together for me. The trip was amazing and exceeded all my expectations. So this tattoo is kind of a reminder of that moment. Hope you guys like it. Was a bugger to photograph cause its in such an awkward position.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Tattv214
Back to top Go down
http://www.maynem.co.uk
Perry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:15 am

I'm running several ideas for my first tatoo (ever), and the one most promising now is a little 4/4 at the left part of my chest, as a reference to
"And the pounding in the street
Was your heart in four four time"
from High Lonesome, but also as a symbol of how important music is to me.
but as it is my first I will have to give it some time, as I think there are a certain boundary you have to cross.

Also, as the tatoo is a reference to TGA, and I'm no deepdown musical expert, am I very off with 4/4 time (In other words; Are most TGA songs in 4/4 time?) A nice little detail to bring along with the tatoo

Last, First post, been around some time, but just lurking as I never had anything to contribute with. Pleased to meet you
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:25 am

I've recently decided I'm going to get my first tatoo, although it probably won't be until the back end of summer that I get it.

Planning on getting this logo (without the text) (Street Dogs) and have it filled in in plaid (Mighty Mighty Bosstones). I'm toying with getting "Poet of the Deed" (Frank Turner) under it, or a short Gaslight quote. Haven't decided for sure on that just yet!
Back to top Go down
joe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:19 am

now that AS has come out, does anyone have any new ideas for sweet tats?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 am

Daire wrote:
readyornotheretheycomeIT'SZOMBIETIME!
That line would look good written over your chest don't you think? Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:40 pm

yes most if not all of their songs are in 4/4
Back to top Go down
JerseyDevil
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JerseyDevil

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:06 pm

joe wrote:
now that AS has come out, does anyone have any new ideas for sweet tats?

you beat me to posting this haha. I havn't heard as much on the first few listens but I have a feeling "Stay lucky" will be a big one.
Back to top Go down
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:27 pm

What about about a brian tat similar to his joe strummer ?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Holland wrote:
yes most if not all of their songs are in 4/4

Even Cowgirls Get The Blues...
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StreetsRunRed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StreetsRunRed

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:58 pm

I plan on getting No Retreat on one foot and No Regrets on the other. I also might get a matching Gaslight tat with my brother, not sure what yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/tstoothoff
goldlion_
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
goldlion_

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 am

i actually spoke with brian about tattoos at leeds fest in 09 and we compared what tattoos we already had, (yeah i know, amazing right? just had to throw that in there, as it was possibly one of the most amazing moments of my life) but i'd love to get something from 'film noir' , because that song means an awful lot to me, or maybe 'you were the only one who understood me then, and the only one who will' from meet my by the rivers edge, for my mother, because i've been wanting to get one for her for a while. i also really love 'and If you never let me go, well I will never let you down', because the last time i saw the backseat live, it really hit me in a good way. i have so many ideas, but i'm really set on getting some lyrics. we'll see ey! everyone's ideas sound really lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gonnatellmewherethelightis.blogspot.com/
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:09 pm

goldlion, love your ideas!
Back to top Go down
goldlion_
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
goldlion_

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:21 pm

xstevenbx wrote:
goldlion, love your ideas!

why thanks Smile
after posting that today, i've totally decided on 'you were the only one...' etc for my mother, i get real chills when i hear it, started thinking of designs and everything. so excited!
Back to top Go down
http://gonnatellmewherethelightis.blogspot.com/
rikerd21
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rikerd21

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:29 pm

ive got so many ideas but i can never decide i want some lyrics from old haunts or film noir ahhh decisions decisions Razz
Back to top Go down
broden29
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:30 pm

I have "And God help the man who says if you'd have known me when, Old haunts are for forgotten ghosts" wrapping around my arm as part of my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next