DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!

Go down 
+29
Down by the Mersey
sydney_carden
J.B.R.
Sinngh
shuffle
loazis
ThisMachineKillsFascists
C_Miller
verbos
AngryJohnnyN1930
Simon1991
enola
Holland
Mikeyc
Matty-E
joshyboytyler
CluckyB
knuckles
Christophe
TGAFAN25
theworm
simo
DaveSavedTheDay
JJW319
plugga
Bea
IKeeptheDiner
Jay
fullcollapse
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:00 am

I dig Kimmel too but he should seriously re-think some of his concert staff...

I heard drums, and alex's guitar a bit. wwaaaaaay uneven stuff. You could tell Gaslight was kickin ass tho
Back to top Go down
C_Miller
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 am

I do like Kimmel. He seems to be very genuine with guests and when he talks about peoples projects, he actually seems interested rather than a lot of late night people who are just pretending. He's also not afraid to be himself. Just check out anything he's done with the show Lost. You can't fake that. I also like Craig Ferguson to fulfill my love of off beat comedy and I think Jimmy Fallon is relatively talented and has fantastic music taste.

Gaslight tonight seemed to really be playing their hearts out. Brian seems to finally be comfortable on television that is watched by people besides typical Gaslight/punk fans. The sound however was rather weak. Bring It On is a rather nuanced song (perhaps their most nuanced) and that can be marred by bad sound.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 am

AngryJohnnyN1930 wrote:
Texted all my Gasknights (see what I did there) to don their TGA apparel today too, like a holiday. Smile

Hahaha ... Gasknights - LOVE it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:18 am

C_Miller wrote:

Gaslight tonight seemed to really be playing their hearts out. Brian seems to finally be comfortable on television that is watched by people besides typical Gaslight/punk fans. The sound however was rather weak. Bring It On is a rather nuanced song (perhaps their most nuanced) and that can be marred by bad sound.

Agreed. They seemed to be firing on all cylinders but the sound was just shit. I could barely hear what Brian was singing.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 am

I didn't think it sounded all too bad!

Definitely they seemed as comfortable as ever on the national TV stage, I really enjoyed.... My dad did too!
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 am

The sound could have been better, but Gaslight did great. Levine did a good job on the backup vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUejuiPtPY8

Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 am

Wow, Brian played his Tele again! Cool!

Sound was pretty terrible in my opinion. If I didn't know Gaslight before this show and saw this... I wouldn't be too impressed unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
shuffle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:18 am

Besides "Bring It On" they also played "The Backseat" during the ending of the show, and you can watch a video of both performances here, but unfortunately the broadcast ended after only 1:15 of "The Backseat". Hopefully a full video will make it online as a web exclusive or something...
Back to top Go down
http://birdsneedfeet.blogspot.com/
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 am

The show could definitely use some better sound. I know things tend to sound worse on video, but it's not impossible for it to sound fantastic (just look at JBTV!)

Bur regardless, it was great. I loved seeing them. Makes me even more excited for Bamboozle!
Back to top Go down
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Bunny Brian! rabbit
Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Th_bunny
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Bring it on sounded okay, I think it would have been better experienced live since they tried to play it differently from the record the the sound just wasn't their. The backseat sounded incredible for the short time it was played.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:02 pm

LMAO! great to see them on tv again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 pm

It was good. Brian looked so happy at the beginning of BIO, and then went to his great soul-serious.

Backseat was awesome as well, but then was cut off
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Its up on the ABC site:

http://abc.go.com/watch/jimmy-kimmel-live/SH559060/VD55118787/jimmy-kimmel-live-322

skip to the end to actually watch Gaslight.

hopefully more video like the full backseats will surface soon =)
Back to top Go down
sydney_carden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Its up on the ABC site:

http://abc.go.com/watch/jimmy-kimmel-live/SH559060/VD55118787/jimmy-kimmel-live-322

skip to the end to actually watch Gaslight.

hopefully more video like the full backseats will surface soon =)

usa only, crap!
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:41 pm

The youtube link works just fine for none US based fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm

not to be a debbie downer here - gaslight is far and away my favorite band - but i haven't enjoyed any of the tv appearances i've seen of the american slang songs.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:05 am

For all Non-US people .. here's also the video of Backseat (at least partly - how they showed it during the show)

http://theaudioperv.com/2011/03/23/the-gaslight-anthem-bring-it-on-and-the-backseat-322-kimmel/

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:49 am

You've gotta admit, Brian's got that smolder down pretty well...

*swoons*
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 am

Brian sounded so good
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Sounded good to me i enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:22 pm

sydney_carden wrote:

don't you just love those YouTube comments?

Quote :
BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR­RRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNG­GGGGGGGGGGG
MIKEYGRUNGER13 16 minutes ago

The Gaslight? What band is that?
TransistorRevolt1999 2 hours ago

The drummer needs help playing . The song has no direction.
insuranceclaimsconsu 4 hours ago

Bruce what hath thou wrought?
zenguin13 12 hours ago
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm tellin ya, WE all know they sounded great, cuz we're Gasknights. But newbs can't even hear half of whats goin on cuz of the way uneven sound levels going on, on JKL!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:58 am

AngryJohnnyN1930 wrote:
I'm tellin ya, WE all know they sounded great, cuz we're Gasknights. But newbs can't even hear half of whats goin on cuz of the way uneven sound levels going on, on JKL!
they didn't sound great to me... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3