DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!

Go down 
+29
Down by the Mersey
sydney_carden
J.B.R.
Sinngh
shuffle
loazis
ThisMachineKillsFascists
C_Miller
verbos
AngryJohnnyN1930
Simon1991
enola
Holland
Mikeyc
Matty-E
joshyboytyler
CluckyB
knuckles
Christophe
TGAFAN25
theworm
simo
DaveSavedTheDay
JJW319
plugga
Bea
IKeeptheDiner
Jay
fullcollapse
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 am

I just found this out! No idea how I missed this fact... was anyone else aware? I don't think I've been out of the loop...
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:01 am

First I've heard about.

Sounds great though. Maybe they'll play Biloxi Parish?
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 am

I know bands normally play a 5 or 6 song set for Kimmel. Obviously only one or two make it to air, the rest go online, so if they do we might have a nice cleaner version.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am

bands/musicians/actors don't do promo stuff unless they have something new to promote, right?
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 am

Bea wrote:
bands/musicians/actors don't do promo stuff unless they have something new to promote, right?

This is my thought exactly. It would make no sense for them to not have SOME sort of news for us.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 am

fullcollapse wrote:
Bea wrote:

This is my thought exactly. It would make no sense for them to not have SOME sort of news for us.
an EP this year Very Happy with Biloxi Parish and other 3 or 4 new songs! that would be so awesome...
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:40 am

Bea wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
Bea wrote:

an EP this year Very Happy with Biloxi Parish and other 3 or 4 new songs! that would be so awesome...

I would absolutely die. Just the fact that they're going to play a song or three is enough to make me love life, but then there's the fact that it would be weird if they didn't announce new music/tour dates/etc... I will gladly accept whatever they have for us. And... Biloxi Parish would be SPLENDED.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:03 am

cannot wait, CANNOT WAAAAITTT! I'm dying for some news!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:45 pm

man, they would play a day after I leave LA...I got some shitty luck.

also remember that radio interview Brian did in Australia, he said something like they are only gonna play Biloxi Parish in Australia.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Not to to sure about Biloxi, Brian did say it was kinda a gift to the Aussie folks. Smile
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:28 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Not to to sure about Biloxi, Brian did say it was kinda a gift to the Aussie folks. Smile

To be fair, Brian says a lot of things at shows... He told my last show that they hadn't played Drive in something like 2 years, when they played it like a few months before, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:07 pm

He may have just meant it just wasn't going to be in all of their other shows right now. I doubt he meant they'd play it in Australia and never do anything else with it.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:30 pm

simo wrote:
He may have just meant it just wasn't going to be in all of their other shows right now. I doubt he meant they'd play it in Australia and never do anything else with it.

Yeah, there's really no sense in writing and learning such a solid song, only to play it a couple times and let it fade into obscurity for no apparent reason. He just couldn't say "here's our new single!" so he had to set it up with something.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:35 am

what i got from what Brian said on the interview and the show was that they'll play that song in Australia and then leave it alone until the record comes out (because that song is going on the new record). however, anything can happen and all of that can mean nothing at all, so we'll just have to wait and see...
Back to top Go down
theworm
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
theworm

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 am

i would imagine if they're promoting anything it's record store day and the cover they're doing
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:03 am

theworm wrote:
i would imagine if they're promoting anything it's record store day and the cover they're doing
uh?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Fake problems'?
Back to top Go down
theworm
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
theworm

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Bea wrote:
theworm wrote:
uh?

plugga wrote:
Fake problems'?

yes
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:56 pm

I don't think they'd take a national TV appearance to promote a cover... Sounds unlikely...
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:58 pm

oh right the fake problems split. i just never thought of that as a record store day release... but somehow i don't think that's what they're there for..
Back to top Go down
theworm
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
theworm

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:01 pm

i wasn't necessarily saying they were promoting that, but i couldn't think of anything else they have being release....could be they're still just promoting slang
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 pm

I heard "Bring It On" on the radio in baltimore the other day, and Brian said it was the next single during the acoustic performance in Australia.... Maybe it's Bring It On?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:25 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I heard "Bring It On" on the radio in baltimore the other day, and Brian said it was the next single during the acoustic performance in Australia.... Maybe it's Bring It On?

Yeah definitely I think you're right, I would be surprised if it was anything else.
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:45 pm

just read about it in my new EW (guess little things like that are why i still subscribe to the magazine) while on the crapper today. got kinda excited, had to write myself a note so i for sure remember.

doesn't anyone think that their appearance would have more to do with promoting the band as opposed to a single song?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:29 pm

knuckles wrote:
just read about it in my new EW (guess little things like that are why i still subscribe to the magazine) while on the crapper today. got kinda excited, had to write myself a note so i for sure remember.

doesn't anyone think that their appearance would have more to do with promoting the band as opposed to a single song?

Who knows. I just hoping we get some info about future Gaslight / Horrible Crowes releases. Is it too much to ask for a new Gaslight EP by Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!   Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight on Jimmy Kimmel Live - March 22!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next