DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World

Go down 
+13
crutchfield
Jack
Jerseyrain
Christophe
BereasaTGA
brucesboots
Thunder Peel
StitchesOnTheRadio
Anya_TGA
Hanswurst
NeverTrustAJunkie
Vanderlyle Geek
Shrewsbury_Stars
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Empty
PostSubject: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 3:09 pm

These rumours are discussed on this thread on vinyl collective:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/95625-coming-soon-gaslight-anthem-b-sides-lp/
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:44 pm

This and the Live in London DVD news makes me very happy indeed
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:11 pm

I don't get what those prices are. Why would Billy Talent be $5,000 and CHVRCHES be $100K. Whut.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:48 pm

well i'm not that shure if i'd attend a show with jew unless tga is the main act :-/

a B-Sides LP would be cool if there would be at least one unreleased song and our fathers sons - just to have some already known bsides on one vinyl i think i'm not ready to waist another good amount of money into some not-really-needed-tga-package Very Happy

aaaaaand just a question: where does the information of a lp come from?? i've just seen this tour list but nothing which made me think thered be a lp?! scratch
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:26 pm

that would be really amazing!!! I really like B-Sides XD
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Oh good, I was hoping to add to my collection of acoustic B-sides. 4 or 5 versions of American Slang and She Loves You simply isn't enough. Rolling Eyes Sorry, I'm being cranky because I know I have several great acoustic versions of the songs they listed and while more is cool and all, it just seems, unnecessary? Like what Hanswurst said.

It'd be a great idea if we didn't live in the age of bootlegs and audio rips. But hopefully I'm proven wrong and it'll be totally worth it.

And I'm surprised to see that they're gonna tour more before a new album? Don't get me wrong, I never object to shows, I'd just rather see a new album first.

Sorry for all the complaining. Maybe I shouldn't post when I'm grumpy silent
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
well i'm not that shure if i'd attend a show with jew unless tga is the main act :-/

a B-Sides LP would be cool if there would be at least one unreleased song and our fathers sons - just to have some already known bsides on one vinyl i think i'm not ready to waist another good amount of money into some not-really-needed-tga-package Very Happy

aaaaaand just a question: where does the information of a lp come from?? i've just seen this tour list but nothing which made me think thered be a lp?! scratch
The author of the original post on vinyl collective is an editor for Alternative Press magazine. I assume he received some advanced notice of the release.

As for why this release is happening, the answer is pretty simple I think. SideOneDummy lost Gaslight to Mercury and they want to cash in on Gaslight as much as possible. At least this isn't as bad as Gunnar records pressing 3000 versions of Sink or Swim.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:02 am

This is pretty cool if it's true. I've long thought that an album of b-sides and rarities would be a nice treat.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:00 pm

be nice if there was a few nice rare live recordings aswell.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:50 pm

this is up on amazon.uk for end of January release.....must be true
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:28 pm

brucesboots wrote:
this is up on amazon.uk for end of January release.....must be true
I can't wait for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BereasaTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BereasaTGA

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:19 am

isn't a little bit early for them to release a B-sides album? There have only been 4 albums, how many B-sides (not refering to acoustic versions of album songs) there might be?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:18 pm

BereasaTGA wrote:
isn't a little bit early for them to release a B-sides album? There have only been 4 albums, how many B-sides (not refering to acoustic versions of album songs) there might be?
I don't think so, because The Killers released a B-Side album after their second one, so maybe The Gaslight Anthem have some songs which they hadn't put on any album yet and now they want to share those songs with us
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 pm

It would be great if there are one or two songs on here that we haven't heard before. I am kind of hoping there will be a full band version of Teenage Rebellion on this as I am sure in a past interview they had mentioned that they had recorded it. It could just have been a full band demo, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 4:05 pm

The only stuff on here is gonna be from the SideOneDummy years. They are the ones driving this project (just like the Singles Collection box).
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 pm

All the tracks listed there will be what we already have. The acoustic versions will be those from the Australian edition of AS and the others have all been released too... Strange they haven't included Blue Dahlia or Sliver too in that case because Once Upon A Time and She Loves You made it on.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
The only stuff on here is gonna be from the SideOneDummy years. They are the ones driving this project (just like the Singles Collection box).
Yes I suppose that explains no Sliver or blue Dahlia
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Yes I suppose that explains no Sliver or blue Dahlia
Yup, those belong to Mercury.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:05 pm

So basically...we've heard all these songs before. I don't know what they stand to gain from this release. I guess they'll get some sales from completists but it really seems like a pointless endeavor to me.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Jack wrote:
So basically...we've heard all these songs before. I don't know what they stand to gain from this release. I guess they'll get some sales from completists but it really seems like a pointless endeavor to me.
Yup, it's definitely a money grab by SideOne:

The B-Sides features 11 tracks recorded between 2008 and 2011 by The Gaslight Anthem. It includes the studio track “She Loves You,” are acoustic takes on some of the bands’ biggest songs, an inspired version of The Rolling Stones’ “Tumbling Dice,” sparse covers of songs by Fake Problems and Lightning Dust, a ripping live version of “State of Love and Trust” and more!

Track Listing
1. She Loves You
2. The ‘59 Sound (Acoustic)
3. State of Love and Trust (Live)
4. Tumbling Dice
5. The Queen of Lower Chelsea (Acoustic)
6. Songs for Teenagers
7. Great Expectations (Acoustic)
8. Antonia Jane (Acoustic)
9. American Slang (Acoustic)
10. Boxer (Acoustic)
11. Once Upon a Time

Also - comes with digital download.
Back to top Go down
crutchfield
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:43 pm

I'll buy it
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:47 pm

So it's just a 12inch version of the singles collection, minus the actual songs? unless there's some REALLY cool color I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 6:35 pm

The Queen of Lower Chelsea (acoustic) is the only one I'm curious about.
Back to top Go down
Commander Vimes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Commander Vimes

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 pm

That's really disappointing! I had my hopes up for this, especially after the mention of a full band Teenage Rebellion There's an acoustic of The Queen of Lower Chelsea on youtube; it's awful quality though and Brian's vocals aren't great. I think it was on the Australian American Slang.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:13 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
The Queen of Lower Chelsea (acoustic) is the only one I'm curious about.
Assuming they're using the KEXP session that Brian did in 2010 again, you can find it (as well as American Slang, Boxer and Antonia Jane) at http://kexp.org/live/liveperformance.aspx?rId=31566

Re-releasing these tracks on a single LP 6 months after the singles box set seems kinda ridiculous. That said, I'm more inclined to buy this for $15-20 than overpay for the fancy box.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World   New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rumours: Gaslight B-Sides LP and Potential Tour with Jimmy Eat World
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next