DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)

Go down 
+52
loazis
Matty-E
NDTGA
joshyboytyler
DaveSavedTheDay
verbos
Know Your Borders
Midnight Rambler
Mechamunky
J.B.R.
NeverTrustAJunkie
Little Eden
ksupilot
Sinngh
Tobi
steph
Vibes
ktp
enola
JJW319
amberfoyd
CluckyB
QueenOfTheBronx
TGAFAN25
AngryJohnnyN1930
ral
theBasemen
madsmom
Shrewsbury_Stars
JoshRaymond
fullcollapse
Prisoner
simo
thecosmickid
19thirty
Down by the Mersey
Holland
steady now steady now
PFREEZY
IFeelBlue
vamike
Jack
plugga
Mikeyc
Gaslight23
Jaywalk
IKeeptheDiner
steffuhnee
RobertODonnell
Bea
Jay
Christophe
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:31 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
My true, honest reaction right now is just a series of incomprehensible keyboard smashes. HOLY SHIT.

(!!!!!!!!)

i just need to quote this.
I love these guys!
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:36 pm

I was already having a pretty good start of the day, but this made my day in it's own.
Isn't it beautiful how a new Gaslight tune makes your whole day so damn good?!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:58 pm

The line after Asbury park is about going down to lay on the beach.... That was what I heard the first time around
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Just simply fucking awesome.

Kudos on the video find too. Much love!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Anybody else think this is about Brian missing New Jersey and finding out New York's not all it's cracked up to be?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

My friend Austin told me about this on my birthday. I'd have to say, that's the best present anyone could have given me. Totally made my day.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Wow. Completely phenomenal. Honestly I feel like the studio version is going to have the chance to rival 1930 and TSoJ as "Best Gaslight Song Ever". The only bad part is it'll probably be another 18 months till we get the new album...
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:48 pm

It' s something in between the "Sink or Swim" stuff and the "American Slang" album. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:48 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Anybody else think this is about Brian missing New Jersey and finding out New York's not all it's cracked up to be?

Yeah I'm digging that interpretation.

He's probably using Biloxi as a direct comparison to Asbury Park (as both towns are relatively small but have a good amount of media recognition and place in pop culture because of the personalities that have come out of the cities). Him saying he's been to Biloxi "and it's good enough for me" kind of reinforces that point I guess. Then the direct references Asbury Park and his mother also help too. Whatever it means, it seems like a really really personal song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm

thank you for recording this.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Jay wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Yeah I'm digging that interpretation.

He's probably using Biloxi as a direct comparison to Asbury Park (as both towns are relatively small but have a good amount of media recognition and place in pop culture because of the personalities that have come out of the cities). Him saying he's been to Biloxi "and it's good enough for me" kind of reinforces that point I guess. Then the direct references Asbury Park and his mother also help too. Whatever it means, it seems like a really really personal song.

I'm with you guys on this one.

I am beyond happy to have this song, I can't even put it into better words. So great.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Just had my little girls dancing along to this when I played it the first time. There is a definite groove to this song. Love t.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 pm

gaslight gaslight! a new song! i need to get my ass on here everyday again! awesome song, but of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:20 pm

This song really is amazing. No doubt about it this band is going places Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Much much better quality, someone posted on another site...
Brian says this is the "odd ball" song, like Film Noir Laughing

Last edited by JJW319 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:21 pm

QueenOfTheBronx wrote:
My friend Austin told me about this on my birthday. I'd have to say, that's the best present anyone could have given me. Totally made my day.

Love you girl!

(I'm the Austin btw Smile
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:21 pm

OH MY GOD! I already love Biloxi Parish!
Hearing this turned my pretty awful day to a really good one Smile
I think I will be listening to it for the rest of the day.

I'm so desperate for the album and I'm not sure I can wait another year or even more for it to be released!

Thanks Bea for finding the video and to TheBaseman and Ral for taking the time to transcribe the lyrics. Sounds pretty right to me. And I also hear "formed a band"
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:25 pm

the sooner they make the album the sooner we can see them again! ugh. well hopefully they (thc) come to la too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 pm

hey what's up with that new fox/man (or is it a wolf?) on Benny's drums? who is that?
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:00 pm

I love it, especially the big drum beats! This has made my year so far Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:52 pm

MP3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=989VNKIW
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:59 pm

thank you!!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 pm

wow nice one! love it already! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Bea wrote:
hey what's up with that new fox/man (or is it a wolf?) on Benny's drums? who is that?

looks like it might be from the fantastic mr fox.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 pm

I've been listening to this song more or less on repeat for the past hour and it just simply kicks ass. Can't wait for a studio version/the next gaslight album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next