DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)

Go down 
+52
loazis
Matty-E
NDTGA
joshyboytyler
DaveSavedTheDay
verbos
Know Your Borders
Midnight Rambler
Mechamunky
J.B.R.
NeverTrustAJunkie
Little Eden
ksupilot
Sinngh
Tobi
steph
Vibes
ktp
enola
JJW319
amberfoyd
CluckyB
QueenOfTheBronx
TGAFAN25
AngryJohnnyN1930
ral
theBasemen
madsmom
Shrewsbury_Stars
JoshRaymond
fullcollapse
Prisoner
simo
thecosmickid
19thirty
Down by the Mersey
Holland
steady now steady now
PFREEZY
IFeelBlue
vamike
Jack
plugga
Mikeyc
Gaslight23
Jaywalk
IKeeptheDiner
steffuhnee
RobertODonnell
Bea
Jay
Christophe
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:43 am

Matty-E wrote:
First post!

I saw them perform this in Melbourne last week and then saw them again at the Soundwave festival. By then I learnt the lyrics and I was probably the only one singing along. haha

PS I'm happy I found a Gaslight forum because they are now my favorite band.

you're very welcome here
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Matty-E
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:01 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Matty-E wrote:
First post!

I saw them perform this in Melbourne last week and then saw them again at the Soundwave festival. By then I learnt the lyrics and I was probably the only one singing along. haha

you're very welcome here

Thanks heaps. It's pretty awesome to talk to some other gaslight fans. I personally know only 2 other fans and another 2 people who have heard of them. All my other friends are into pop and electronic music who will never understand how good The Gaslight Anthem is. Always been put down for my taste in music so it feels good to be welcome here for it (even though it is a forum dedicated to them).
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Matty-E wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
Matty-E wrote:
First post!

you're very welcome here

Thanks heaps. It's pretty awesome to talk to some other gaslight fans. I personally know only 2 other fans and another 2 people who have heard of them. All my other friends are into pop and electronic music who will never understand how good The Gaslight Anthem is. Always been put down for my taste in music so it feels good to be welcome here for it (even though it is a forum dedicated to them).

That's exactly the case with me. I have one friend who likes them but nobody else I know has heard of them or is willing to give them a try. These people really are missing out on REAL music imo.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Brian said that this song was the oddball song from those he has written so far. He also said that Cowgirls was the oddball song from The '59 Sound and for me personally Cowgirls was my least favourite track on that record. What I'm trying to say is that if Biloxi Parish is going to be my least favourite song on the new album it really is going to be mindblowing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:55 pm

i believe he said film noir was the oddball. doesnt really matter though. the song still kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:17 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
i believe he said film noir was the oddball. doesnt really matter though. the song still kicks ass.

Yeah he said both Film Noir and Cowgirls were oddball songs from The '59 Sound but I felt Cowgirls to be more different than the other songs on the record.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:26 am

I wasn't expecting anything Gaslight until well after the Horrible Crowes stuff had been released and then this shows up. Wow.

This song is amazingly awesome and indeed gives me a way different impression than American Slang when I heard it at first. It's hard to explain, but this song actually made my past few weeks. Damn I love these guys.

Back to top Go down
Ghost To Coast
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ghost To Coast

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:42 am

loazis wrote:
I wasn't expecting anything Gaslight until well after the Horrible Crowes stuff had been released and then this shows up. Wow.

This song is amazingly awesome and indeed gives me a way different impression than American Slang when I heard it at first. It's hard to explain, but this song actually made my past few weeks. Damn I love these guys.

Loved American Slang at first, but it's definitely another impression entirely. The progression has been awesome to watch over the last two years or so. While I used to love the obvious nods at their idols on the first two albums by borrowing lyrics (excellently may I add) the steady move away from that gives them more of their own voice at least my opinion and I support that. Recently their Tumbling Dice cover and the revealing of BIloxi Parish give them another famous classic rock comparison to add to Springsteen and the others. I just hope that when they really come on to the scene (I really don't see how they couldn't at this point) people won't cast them into Bruce's shadow and realize that they're their own band. If they weren't from Jersey they wouldn't have to deal with that write off some give them. I mean come on, what decent band out there today wouldn't credit Springsteen with having at least a slight degree of influence. Great music influences everyone, and just because they come from the same place as one of the greatest of all time doesn't mean they are just Springsteen copy-cats as I've seen Gaslight haters claim. They're influenced by what they like and dammit if they like Springsteen they like him.

Long story short, a band that still writes songs in the year 2011 like TGA does is inspiring and gives me hope for the future. Any new material that comes out like this from a band I like instills some kind of feeling, but I don't think I've ever felt like this (in reference to Blioxi Parish). Simply cannot wait to hear what else is out there in the works.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/willrupp
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:28 pm

loazis wrote:

I hear ya....gotta hold onto those little things that keep you goin ;-)
Back to top Go down
dermyod
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: The gaslight anthem Biloxi Parish   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:38 am

sorry if this has already been posted

Back to top Go down
AtTheRiversEdge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: First post & bumping thread   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:09 am

This is my first post. Recently discovered TGA when Triple J played a live set of theirs that they recorded when they toured Australia and have had them on repeat ever since. I have been trying to figure out the lyrics to Biloxi Parish and came across this forum and just wanted to bump the thread with a new youtube clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpWyGhkXLSA

I think the second line of the song as listed in one of the posts here is a bit off, I'm positive it's not 'And if I break the one you rouse, then I know I must be working ' but I cannot work out what it actually is. From the Australian recordings it kind of sounds like 'If I wake up when you rouse...' which makes more sense than 'If I break the one you rouse...'

Anyway just thought I'd throw up the link to this latest clip for you guys to enjoy.

RC
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Welcome, AtTheRiversEdge! Thanks for posting the video -if you want to watch the whole Rock Am Ring performance you can chwck it out in the respective thread in the tour-section of this forum.

Concerning the lyrics there are some suggestions earlier in this thread. Seem pretty accurate to me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 am

They made again some changes on Biloxi:

They completely changed the lyrics in the 3rd verse (first time in Berlin)

And they changed the first line of the 2nd verse to
I've been down Biloxi Parish and that's all the same for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)   New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Song - 'Biloxi Parish' (incl. live video)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6