DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

Go down 
+93
Rizz
gaslightyay
crutchfield
prettyontheinsidex
Klown
rsj
mirrorenigma
njguy99
bt211
TGAforLIFE
kupe
AngryJohnnyN1930
19thirty
jzancan
Arctander
NeverTrustAJunkie
Vibes
rgillies
TGAFAN25
ral
Tom1911
jeffrey2
AmSlang59
marleyschains
Steve70s
BuddyHolly
nico0493
ThisMachineKillsFascists
eagles1139
Shrewsbury_Stars
HorribleCrowe
thebar1963
Jay
Camus
Don Carlo
gaslightfan89
riversedge
Debonair
SouthJerseyTGA
plugga
J_Bizness
gaslightom
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Paula
TheEmptyBones
Matilda Noir
Jerseyrain
coolia
JimmyB
J.B.R.
nebraska
I am Incinerator
chickenman
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
Harbortown
brucesboots
carryon820
enola
verbos
Labhras
CluckyB
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
The Angry Johnny Revue
loazis
steph
Gaslight23
Reinvent good times
40 Miler
joshyboytyler
theBasemen
borrowedcar
fullcollapse
RobertODonnell
Holland
WILDCARD180
MyFirstSin
PFREEZY
The Boxer
simo
thecosmickid
vamike
LuceroDiehard
mingus
JoshRaymond
Kosburn59
azlisa
JJW319
Bea
IFeelBlue
Ghost
Christophe
steady now steady now
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
gaslightom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gaslightom

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:32 pm

40 songs wow what an album.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:44 pm

gaslightom wrote:
40 songs wow what an album.

During the Revival Tour he said he was aiming to write 40, so they'd have 12 really good ones for the album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm

They should just release four 10 song albums during 2012. One per quarter!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Harbortown wrote:

That would be great! I don't think Brian can write a bad song, so that would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Someone posted on FB that this would be released in Feburary...
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:34 pm

too early I think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Yeah, seems waaaayy too early. Maybe that's when they'll begin recording?? I thought it would be a late Spring/early Summer release?
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:36 am

As I've said before, they seem to be on a similar timeline compared to Slang. Their last show in 2009 (Wellmont) was December 11th, then they went into recording.

Well this last show is December 9th, and then they'll be finishing writing, going into recording.

Slang came out June 14th.. So I'm going to guess a last Spring/Early summer. Probably right around a major festival. Bonnaroo again?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:42 am

SouthJerseyTGA wrote:
As I've said before, they seem to be on a similar timeline compared to Slang. Their last show in 2009 (Wellmont) was December 11th, then they went into recording.

Well this last show is December 9th, and then they'll be finishing writing, going into recording.

Slang came out June 14th.. So I'm going to guess a last Spring/Early summer. Probably right around a major festival. Bonnaroo again?
Brian himself said july/september, most likely july.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm

all I know is that there better be vinyl variants
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:36 pm

I have to wonder, and really my only worry with gaslight leaving side one, but will El jefe still be doing the art work for them. That would be really disappointing if not. I've always felt gaslight and El jefe went hand in hand. I really hope its not like a side one exclusive thing.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Debonair wrote:
I have to wonder, and really my only worry with gaslight leaving side one, but will El jefe still be doing the art work for them. That would be really disappointing if not. I've always felt gaslight and El jefe went hand in hand. I really hope its not like a side one exclusive thing.

Honestly I was actually a little disappointed with both the album design for American Slang and Elsie. The linear notes for T59S were a thing of beauty that would even a Ron Swanson of a man weep. The notes for American Slang and Elsie were just... average... with plenty of annoying typos. When Gaslight's albums so perfect, its a real shame with the corresponding art doesn't quite lineup. I know the guy posts here so I don't wanna be like "HAHA EL JEFE YOU SUCK WHY WERE YOU EVEN BORN" (heck, even if he didn't post here thats a little mean Razz ) but at the same time I'm hoping they'll just get someone even better to do the art.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Typos were a little annoying but, I thought the art work especially on Elsie was amazing. It accomplished what Brian was looking for, that "forever lasting look" I think is how Brian put it in an interview, or along the lines of that. Basically in 20 years it will be in style.

But respect your opinion, and agree to disagree
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:48 pm

Debonair wrote:
i hope they'll still work with him... even if not for the artwork of the album, at least for promotional stuff! he has given Gaslight an image, i mean have you seen his latest poster for the NJ show?? that's pure Gaslight right there, it would be a shame to see that go...
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:30 am

J_Bizness wrote:
Someone posted on FB that this would be released in Feburary...

No Feb is far too early as a few others have said I think July is likely.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

That would be great! I don't think Brian can write a bad song, so that would be perfect.

Its a nice thought for all forty to be released. As I said earlier I doubt he'll reach forty songs and as great a songwriter as he is I know he does write a lot a lot of throwaway stuff too so if he does write forty I doubt they would all be good.

On the other hand if this is the way Brians approaching songwriting now then in about 10-15 years time we may have a nice boxed set with all the rarities and unreleased stuff on it so I'm sure we'll hear the ones that didn't make it eventually.

One thing I would like to see this year once theyre on tour for the new album, is a live DVD. Who knows if we'll get it and I know there are a few downloadable Pro shot festival videos out there but a full concert DVD would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:54 am

Jerseyrain wrote:

One thing I would like to see this year once theyre on tour for the new album, is a live DVD. Who knows if we'll get it and I know there are a few downloadable Pro shot festival videos out there but a full concert DVD would be awesome.

I do not object this at all because most certainly i would purchase a live DVD if one ever came out. But I have to say from one angle, there is already hundreds of HD video of them playing live that are fricken free on YouTube. And of full sets too, ive watched aton of themSo in a sense its already out there. So what would truely be the point of the DVD. I mean you can already find most if not all of their live songs online....but yet I would still buy the dvd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:44 am

Debonair wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

I do not object this at all because most certainly i would purchase a live DVD if one ever came out. But I have to say from one angle, there is already hundreds of HD video of them playing live that are fricken free on YouTube. And of full sets too, ive watched aton of themSo in a sense its already out there. So what would truely be the point of the DVD. I mean you can already find most if not all of their live songs online....but yet I would still buy the dvd Very Happy

Ive tended to find that the vast majority of the Gaslight live shows on you tube are from festivals. Ive most downloaded. They are full sets but the band only play 12-13 songs. Im talking a full length show professionally filmed for Gaslight, all 26-27 songs that they play. There aren't many of those Pro Shot in HD on You Tube. I can't think of one off the top of my head actually so if you know of a Pro Shot full length Gaslight gig other than festivals then let me know where it was an I'll have a watch Id much rather lie back in bed watching a full show play out on my tv without having to click through a string of You Tube videos etc. Ithink like both me and you all the fans would buy it.

Anyhow its all dream talk right now, they probably won't even release one, maybe for the reasons you've said but I live in hope...
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Debonair wrote:
Typos were a little annoying but, I thought the art work especially on Elsie was amazing. It accomplished what Brian was looking for, that "forever lasting look" I think is how Brian put it in an interview, or along the lines of that. Basically in 20 years it will be in style.

Elsie's artwork excellent. I love looking at it. It does look like a classic
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:37 pm

from Benny's blog:

"In music news:
Gaslight has been getting together quite often and working on the new record. We're in a great flow right now and I'm getting more and more excited with each song we finish. I'd say we're close to 3/4 through with the meat of the record, and tons more ideas are kicking around. Can't wait to leave town and lay this thing down..."

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:44 pm

[quote="J_Bizness"]
Debonair wrote:

Elsie's artwork excellent. I love looking at it. It does look like a classic[/quote

The artwork itself is fine, its the linear notes that are boring. But eh, complaining about the linear notes on an otherwise fantastic album is like splitting hairs. As long as the music is still good on the 2012 release, I could really care less about the artwork Smile
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:09 pm

I think it will retain it's style in years to come
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:14 am

July 24th please, its my birthday. And just a kickass day for what I honestly think will be their step into semi-mainstream success. They are just too good to keep a secret.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Well updates from the band seem to have dried up a bit recently. I wonder if anyone knows if they have finished writing and when they plan to go into the studio. I know it hasn't been that long since we last heard from them but it seems like ages to me as I cannot stop thinking about the new album lol. I guess I'm just pretty impatient. I'm not good at this waiting part Crying or Very sad

Also wasn't there a section in the latest copy of Alt Press talking about new releases in 2012 featuring Gaslight? I don't think anyone has mentioned anything about the content of that preview on here?
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:54 am

Christophe wrote:
Well updates from the band seem to have dried up a bit recently. I wonder if anyone knows if they have finished writing and when they plan to go into the studio. I know it hasn't been that long since we last heard from them but it seems like ages to me as I cannot stop thinking about the new album lol. I guess I'm just pretty impatient. I'm not good at this waiting part Crying or Very sad
Brian posted breaking news on his twitter a few hours ago: his dog won't bite if you sit real still. that oughta make it for the next three to four weeks, at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next