DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.

Go down 
+16
Izzy Eviel
Daire
acousticbandit
amberfoyd
hynesie
Down by the Mersey
Christophe
whoareyou
J_Schooly
loazis
The Boxer
Luca Chinaski
steady now steady now
Bea
ilockyer
brucesboots
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Empty
PostSubject: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:58 am

Did anybody take note of last night's set list ? Seemed to be pretty much all of Slang and 59 sound.Hope they do swap things about on this tour, still enjoyed the show, even from the seats that i hate, getting to old to stand at all, roll on Wolverhampton and standing.
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:10 am

Great show last night, sound was excellent where I was just about centre and 2/3 of the way back, best show of the few I've seen, just wish I could get to another one on the tour. Setlist, according to the abbreviated and messy notes I made on my blackberry, was:

High Lonesome
Stay Lucky
Bring It On
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
Old Haunts
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis
Cassanova Baby
I Coul'da Been A Contender
Miles Davis and The Cool
Blue Jeans and White T Shirts
Stand By Me/I'da Called You Woody, Joe
Angry Johnny and The Radio with Long May You Run (Stills/Young Band)
Queen of Lower Chelsea
Film Noir
Spirit of Jazz
Senor and the Queen
Great Expectations
59 Sound
We Did It When We Were Young

Encore
She Loves You
American Slang
Boxer
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Here's Lookin' At You, Kid
The Backseat
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:46 am

that's a really long setlist!! how long was the show? around 2h?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:35 am

I had a really happy day at Hammersmith. For one, because I had a ball meeting up once more with some of my friends from this forum, as well as with the band, and two, because Brian played 'Coul'da Been A Contender' for me (I told him before the show that it was my 'signature' song on here ["steady now steady now"]). What more can I say (quite a lot actually, but I need to collect my thoughts first, download the photos, etc.)?!

Great band; great fans; great day!

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:18 am

Best setlist so far. Simply perfect.

High Lonesome, I Coul'da Been A Contender, I'da Called You Woody, Joe, We Did It When We Were Young, She Loves You, The Patient Ferris Wheel... Perfect.

I hope Milan's setlist is the same...
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 am

all action photo (Hammersmith, 2010)

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Hammersmith2010a
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:31 am

I Could'a Been a Contender, Senor & the Queen, and She Loves you?

Just made my morning worse...Damn uni Sad

Literally gutted
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:44 am

The Boxer wrote:
I Could'a Been a Contender, Senor & the Queen, and She Loves you?

and Brian played the harmonica Very Happy

Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:36 am

I am crying inside at missing this now...
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:24 am

Great setlist =))
Back to top Go down
J_Schooly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:45 am

This is the best setlist I've seen all year. Some incredible pairings in there: Old Haunts/Elvis, Chelsea/Film Noir, Spirit of Jazz/Senor, Expectations/59 (have they ever played those back-to-back?), and then surrounding the encore break with WDIWWWY/She Loves You. Wow, looks like a special night.
Back to top Go down
whoareyou
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 am

I liked his Hammersmith 'story'! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whoareyou
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 am

DAILY EXPRESS
Friday October 22,2010
By Rob Garratt
STANDING in an elder’s shadow is a tricky business – as New Jersey rockers the Gaslight Anthem would no doubt attest.

Brimming to the surface of public consciousness last summer following a series of high-profile duets with Bruce Springsteen – including two at Glastonbury – they ran the risk of being buried in comparisons and derisions.

The band didn’t help themselves either, their lyrics littered with Springsteen-lite images of “diamond Sinatras”, “burned out cars” and “high top sneakers”; their anthemic punk rock based on the same seismic, yearning chord cycles.

But now, at last, the quartet seem ready to step out of daddy’s shadow.

Playing to Brixton Academy just four months ago they seemed naïve to the stage, burying their best songs mid-set and encoring with a pub-rock Who cover.

But this week at Hammersmith Apollo they were transformed, stepping from naked adolescence to the full-blown adulthood of stardom.

Owning the stage musically and physically, the boys next door have become larger than life men of myth. Frontman Brian Fallon drawled anecdotes assuredly, laying down his Gibson for the first time to prance about the stage, howling his lyrics in a gritty growl.

The delivery was spot-on, the big-hitters from 2008’s breakthrough The ’59 Sound – Old White Lincoln, Great Expectations and the title track – slabs of pure, youthful adrenalin.

The Gaslight Anthem are a blast, distilling the urgency and imagery of vintage rock'n’roll into a seductive formula.
With their graduation from small town to big time there is a worry that something will be lost in the translation from bedroom biography to anthems for the masses – laid bare when the crowd unite to sing every word of encore Here’s Looking at You Kid, Fallon’s heartfelt look back at lost teenage loves.

But in truth, these songs were always written for the stadium. Now it seems the band behind those songs is ready to take them there.

Verdict: 4/5

Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Bea wrote:
that's a really long setlist!! how long was the show? around 2h?

Just short, they started about 9:15 and finished at 11:05. Before the show I did wonder how they were going to go in the bigger venue, particularly given Brian's comments previously about wanting to play there. They completely nailed it. When I saw them at Melkweg in Amsterdam over the summer they were good, but they didn't seem like they'd be able to make the move to the bigger stage. I didn't see Brixton so can't comment. Last night they exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Wow it looked like an awesome show. I've seen a couple of videos of Brian playing the harmonica on Old White Lincoln. Did he do this for any other songs and is this the first time he has used a harmonica on stage with Gaslight?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:54 pm

ilockyer wrote:
Before the show I did wonder how they were going to go in the bigger venue, particularly given Brian's comments previously about wanting to play there. They completely nailed it. When I saw them at Melkweg in Amsterdam over the summer they were good, but they didn't seem like they'd be able to make the move to the bigger stage. I didn't see Brixton so can't comment. Last night they exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations I would imagine.

The new lighting and stage design worked really well in that regard, without being obnoxious. Rather, it contributed to making it a very slick show. So here's another pic, which clearly shows that the set up has been done with great care; ie. the placing of the various crates with lights on top, the lighting stands, the symmetry and the very clean lines, even where the monitor speakers set up is concerned, etc., as well as the use of the lights themselves. It was quite a step up from a few months ago.

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Hammersmith2010b
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Great setlist. Roll on Wolverhampton on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
hynesie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:13 pm

I went 52 hours without sleep, left my house at 3.30 in the morning, spent 4 hours each way on plane train and automobile And nearly wound up stranded in a different country. TOTALLY WORTH IT. Honestly last night was gaslight announcing to the world "WE HAVE ARRIVED", Every second of the gig was perfect, And i can't fault the setlist (Although theres a few songs i'd personally have preferred ) The energy, the sounds and the effects were amazing. Also got to meet Benny afterwards and he really couldn't believe i'd flown over from dublin for the gig. Also got to say hello to brian but considering i had to be at the airport in 4 hours and had no idea how to get there i really had to bail. So despite the lack of sleep, the complete lack of legroom on buses/planes, the fact that london is shit and i nearly died from frostbite those 2 hours mean that i would do it again and again and again and again and again and again and possibly a 7th time. Dublin, Belfast 1 month away. Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:21 pm

some good pro photos here

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/59095/12/The-Gaslight-Anthem-Storm-London-Hammersmith-Apollo
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:49 pm

hynesie wrote:
I went 52 hours without sleep, left my house at 3.30 in the morning, spent 4 hours each way on plane train and automobile And nearly wound up stranded in a different country. TOTALLY WORTH IT. Honestly last night was gaslight announcing to the world "WE HAVE ARRIVED", Every second of the gig was perfect, And i can't fault the setlist (Although theres a few songs i'd personally have preferred ) The energy, the sounds and the effects were amazing. Also got to meet Benny afterwards and he really couldn't believe i'd flown over from dublin for the gig. Also got to say hello to brian but considering i had to be at the airport in 4 hours and had no idea how to get there i really had to bail. So despite the lack of sleep, the complete lack of legroom on buses/planes, the fact that london is shit and i nearly died from frostbite those 2 hours mean that i would do it again and again and again and again and again and again and possibly a 7th time. Dublin, Belfast 1 month away. Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all those amazing reviews and personal opinions are making the wait REALLY hard! now i honestly can't wait to see them live (for the first time), and three weeks seems like the longest time ever!!
Back to top Go down
hynesie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Bea wrote:

all those amazing reviews and personal opinions are making the wait REALLY hard! now i honestly can't wait to see them live (for the first time), and three weeks seems like the longest time ever!!

Trust me, as bad as the wait to see them is, Whats much,much worse is the wait to see them again after you finally get to experience it. It was 1 year 8 months and 16 days for me.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Gaslight at the Hammersmith Apollo in London   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. 3327050_Gaslight_211010_62

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/59095/10/The-Gaslight-Anthem-Storm-London-Hammersmith-Apollo
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:40 pm

I've been very lucky, saw them 3 times on the Feb/Mar 09 tour, the Forum, Glasto/Hyde Park, then a wait until Amsterdam and last night. Really want to see them again already, wish I could make Bristol but it's not to be.

Dublin and Belfast are tempting...
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:45 pm

wow awesome she loves you vid!!!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 pm

ilockyer wrote:
I've been very lucky, saw them 3 times on the Feb/Mar 09 tour, the Forum, Glasto/Hyde Park, then a wait until Amsterdam and last night. Really want to see them again already, wish I could make Bristol but it's not to be.

Dublin and Belfast are tempting...

Let us know if you decide to come over. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next