DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.

Go down 
+16
Izzy Eviel
Daire
acousticbandit
amberfoyd
hynesie
Down by the Mersey
Christophe
whoareyou
J_Schooly
loazis
The Boxer
Luca Chinaski
steady now steady now
Bea
ilockyer
brucesboots
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Izzy Eviel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Did anyone meet the band after the gig? I was waiting around for a while but it was freezing cold & getting late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Izzyeviel
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:45 am

im border-line tearing up/getting chills while watching that video of she loves you.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 3:00 am

Its been great reading all the great reviews and looking at the fantastic photos, Hammersmith did turn out to be the great gig i had hoped for, but now I do worry that the band will get that much bigger our secret will be out, the ride over the last couple of years from the really tiny shows in 2008 to now has been a one off, I cant remember following a band from so early on, telling people I know to check them out, seeing some of them go to buy cds and then go to shows, its been a great story.
The set list and the performance did not let down at all, from the start you could see the band were more polished, more grown up if you like, but without the loss of to much of the rawness that i love about them.
My only regret for the day is being seated, I regret it when ever i sit, the gig is just not the same, no matter who it is.
It was a long day Thursday, we left Warwickshire at about 8 in the morning, parked up at Wembley as I always do, cheap car park, and quick escape back to the M1, tube into Hammersmith and was standing outside the venue by 11, no sign of the band, shot off for lunch and with perfect timing returned to meet Brian, nice chat with him, asked him to play She loves you, he told me he had been working on a new harmonica version,which was awesome.Hang around the most of the day, met Benny and Alex, Benny was his normal chatty self, what a nice guy he is, was really funny watching him draw a doodle on some guys arm, the guy is going to get it tattoed over.
Apart from it being freezing cold it couldnt have been a better day, loved every minute.
I have 4 more shows to look forward to now this tour, lucky not to long to wait to Wolverhampton, then roll on November , Manchester then Dublin in 48 hours will be a challenge, but hey its worth it.
Back to top Go down
whoareyou
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Anyone know of any boots of the show?
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:29 pm

loved that video of she loves you! i had no idea he played harmonica!

I found a review someone wrote along with some photos.

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/music/articles/the-gaslight-anthem-thursday-21st-october-2010-hmv-hammersmith-apollo
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 pm

I think that video of She Loves You just solidified that song as my new TGA favorite.

powerful.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:19 pm

I just wish they had recorded that show, as it was really superb. Musically (or in any other way) the show couldn't be faulted. Brian had mentioned in an interview once that they were looking into making shows available for download. Given hwo historic that venue is, I really really hope that they did in fact record it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:38 pm

that's right, i completelly forgot about their intention to record shows... someone should ask them during this tour
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:45 pm

got to be due a live dvd, Hammersmith would have been perfect, Ive been to a few shows where you can buy live cd staight after the show, think it was the Who, you could order the dvd and it came through the post a couple of weeks later.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm

brucesboots wrote:
got to be due a live dvd, Hammersmith would have been perfect, Ive been to a few shows where you can buy live cd staight after the show, think it was the Who, you could order the dvd and it came through the post a couple of weeks later.
a dvd would be amazing, quite expensive though, i don't think Gaslight is there yet Razz but a cd would be really cool too...
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Frank Turner released a great dvd from Sheppards Bush, Gaslight have to be as big if not bigger than Frank.Cant see how cost would be a problem. Also they must have access to any of the festival recordings.
Ocean Colour Scene at the old o2 Brum a few years ago, had a cd 30 minutes after the gig.Quite a few bands release recordings from every show, The Who, Kiss , I think Pearl Jam to name a few.
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Pearl Jam do indeed release every live gig as a CD (part of the Ten Club fanclub)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 pm

The Boxer wrote:
Pearl Jam do indeed release every live gig as a CD (part of the Ten Club fanclub)

Ten Club is fucking awesome. I wouldn't mind if TGA did something similar.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Yea, I've been really wanting a live DVD and CD for sometime....

I'd but the LE in a heartbeat
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:53 pm

brucesboots wrote:
Frank Turner released a great dvd from Sheppards Bush, Gaslight have to be as big if not bigger than Frank.Cant see how cost would be a problem. Also they must have access to any of the festival recordings.
Ocean Colour Scene at the old o2 Brum a few years ago, had a cd 30 minutes after the gig.Quite a few bands release recordings from every show, The Who, Kiss , I think Pearl Jam to name a few.
yeah i totally agree with you on that. a live dvd would be awesome (i actually asked benny that question during the chat a few months ago and he said that he'd love to do that someday, but not right now). and also having a live cd of the shows. but when i said it was expensive i was refering to what you said: "you could order the dvd and it came through the post a couple of weeks later", and what i understood was a dvd of every show. maybe you meant cd and you wrote dvd instead so that's why the little confusion Wink
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:18 am

the Who released a cd and dvd of every show,I had both come through the letter box from the Birmingham show, price were not to bad, I think about £15 for the cd and £20 for the dvd. Pro quality.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 am

Recording shows in audio form isn't expensive at all. Many bands record every show they play. It's the distribution of a live album that costs money.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:28 am

Bea wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
a dvd would be amazing, quite expensive though, i don't think Gaslight is there yet Razz but a cd would be really cool too...

surely the huge cost is in the marketing, not in actually making a 'press on demand' DVD or CD available to people who watched the show; think of those DVDs you can get after graduation ceremonies
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:25 am

steady now steady now wrote:
surely the huge cost is in the marketing, not in actually making a 'press on demand' DVD or CD available to people who watched the show
that's what i meant
Back to top Go down
whoareyou
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:09 am

Bea wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

surely the huge cost is in the marketing,

Why does it need marketing? Surely if they only press a limited number, like for instance the who did, they could be sold through one online outlet (Encore, in the who's case).

Keep cost to an absolute min.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:09 am

whoareyou wrote:
Bea wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

surely the huge cost is in the marketing,

Why does it need marketing? Surely if they only press a limited number, like for instance the who did, they could be sold through one online outlet (Encore, in the who's case).

Keep cost to an absolute min.

that was my point; ie. 'surely the huge cost is on the marketing', but as no marketing/packaging design etc. is required, it should be cheap to do
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:30 am

the design for cd art/dvd art for the Who, OCS , Kiss was very basic, same design on every show, just the venue and date changed.very cheap.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 pm

more pro photos

http://www.viceland.com/blogs/uk-photos/2010/10/25/the-gaslight-anthem-hammersmith-apollo/
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Love those! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.   Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hammersmith (21 Oct.) set list, pics, reviews, etc.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2