DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause

Go down 
+117
pleasepassthesoup
brunswick18
Shrewsbury_Stars
PPQ
musigny
kappanera
jessie__tje
rated_r_67
DiamondSinatra
bt211
moosicmaniac
HorribleCrowe
racecar
jonester
DeathoftheCool
Tusseto
Christophe
Steve70s
33RPMHero
sinkorswimmydear
saraM87
Commander Vimes
eagles1139
The Last Jukebox Romeo
HolyBreakOfDay
Hanswurst
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Grant Michael
matkins
SinkOrSwim.
B701
VanillaMintFusion
Hirti
Álvaro
ifieverstray
_rebekka_
bringiton_ty
brucesboots
SubconsciousRitual
Rizz
MikeSig
TheEmptyBones
moreblue
holdsteady82
Ghost
NYYFAN523
TGAforLIFE
StitchesOnTheRadio
redheadchick
LuceroDiehard
40 Miler
Camus
Jack
EveryLittleSecret
Casey
Sinngh
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
Paula
kirstyt
Klown
bringiton
riversedge
ktp
Gaslight23
Down by the Mersey
steady now steady now
Jerseyrain
Hoot
Phil Rockabill
drifter69
verbos
Tiffany
enola
Daire
CluckyB
loazis
StopAndSlideToTheRight
rivercities
IAmDisappeared
fullcollapse
thecosmickid
Silver
plugga
Stalls_Standing
brianisbae
J_Schooly
Holland
jeffrey2
Jaywalk
Jeff
mescalero
GraveRobbers
Bea
ozfacter
ExitEnglish
JJW319
simo
thisisjah
Tobi
carryon820
J.B.R.
colmillionaire
ral
PFREEZY
hostutca
thomas94
andy.mac
lynchyeatspizza
Vibes
steph
koolmcr
JoshRaymond
Prisoner
rhg5010
TonyRockyHorror
Jukebox Romeo
121 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:35 am

So I heard the heat was broken at the lanes? That must've made it a little unpleasant. Kinda glad I didn't make the trip, but I'm psyched for Newburgh and Cambridge! For those who went to the lanes, how was it?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:01 am

i'm so happy that I really like Devour. Wish he did a show in his adopted hometown of Santa Barbara  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:00 am

I really like Dave (especially the first album), but his last show in Italy was pretty bad.Few people know him there so the venue was pratically empty and he looked very pissed off, making fun of the local opening acts (actually lame bands to be honest) and saying somthing like "don't know if I'll return".He was a bit rude even when we asked for a quick photo, my friend was trying to tell him about the last time they met and he basically ignored him.But I kinda understand him, I don't know how I would act in that sort of situation(far from home in the middle of a great tour full of sold out shows ending up in front of not more than 40 people) so I don't wanna judge..
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 11:54 am

I think it was an unusual situation for him and definitely not his usual demeanor with fans as far as I know. I've found him to be gracious both times I have met him and seen him interact with people. I hope you have the chance to see him again as I have a feeling it will be different!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:13 pm

kappanera wrote:
I really like Dave (especially the first album), but his last show in Italy was pretty bad.Few people know him there so the venue was pratically empty and he looked very pissed off, making fun of the local opening acts (actually lame bands to be honest) and saying somthing like "don't know if I'll return".He was a bit rude even when we asked for a quick photo, my friend was trying to tell him about the last time they met and he basically ignored him.But I kinda understand him, I don't know how I would act in that sort of situation(far from home in the middle of a great tour full of sold out shows ending up in front of not more than  40 people) so I don't wanna judge..

It's very possible that he was not only pissed the show didn't sell well, but that someone wasn't doing their job properly and that's why it didn't sell well and maybe that put him in an overall bad mood. Like a lousy promoter or something. Then on top of that he probably had more than a few drinks so he let his mouth run. Just a theory though. It really could've been any number of things. Like Marla said, he's usually a pretty nice guy. Sounds like that was just not a good day for him. I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience though, that sucks.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:48 pm

It's understandable, still a pity cause we don't get to see him very often..at least I discovered Northcode which I really enjoyed!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
So I heard the heat was broken at the lanes? That must've made it a little unpleasant. Kinda glad I didn't make the trip, but I'm psyched for Newburgh and Cambridge! For those who went to the lanes, how was it?

It was pretty awesome. It didn't feel like the heat was broken to me, though it was a little chilly. I tack that up to the 10 degree weather outside!

As for the show: Northcote was a great opener, though he had major technical issues (bad cable leading to crazy feedback). But he laughed it off and the crowd seemed to love him for it.

Dave came on with his brother, Tim, on keyboards and backing guitar. Everything was stripped down, and he seemed pretty focused/distant to start the show, but got more relaxed and started talking more as it went on. He ended the encore with Meet Me At The Lanes, forgetting a line (and bursting out laughing). He also changed "If You've Got the Shine" to "If You've Got the Stein-kopf."

Alex Levine, Ian Perkins and - yes - Pete Steinkopf were all there.
Back to top Go down
musigny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:59 pm

weather kept me away from this first show of the devour run, but i plan to catch a bunch more of the remaining shows.

one question i dont see answered anywhere...why is he touring wo a band? the albums are fantastic. well produced w/o being OVERproduced, and the band sounds great!

I love the stripped down versions as well, but could go for an all out rock show also.

thanks
marc
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:01 pm

musigny wrote:
weather kept me away from this first show of the devour run, but i plan to catch a bunch more of the remaining shows.

one question i dont see answered anywhere...why is he touring wo a band?  the albums are fantastic.  well produced w/o being OVERproduced, and the band sounds great!  

I love the stripped down versions as well, but could go for an all out rock show also.

thanks
marc

He said during last night's show that he wants to perform the songs as he envisioned them when he wrote them - simple, spare. But he promised the Philly show to end the tour in April will feature a full band, and that he will bring a full band out on the road next year.
Back to top Go down
Paula
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Paula

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:39 pm

kappanera wrote:
I really like Dave (especially the first album), but his last show in Italy was pretty bad.Few people know him there so the venue was pratically empty and he looked very pissed off, making fun of the local opening acts (actually lame bands to be honest) and saying somthing like "don't know if I'll return".He was a bit rude even when we asked for a quick photo, my friend was trying to tell him about the last time they met and he basically ignored him.But I kinda understand him, I don't know how I would act in that sort of situation(far from home in the middle of a great tour full of sold out shows ending up in front of not more than  40 people) so I don't wanna judge..

I was there and at some other Devour tour shows in Europe before and after. To be honest, that gig in Italy was by far the worst one. The venue was shit and in the middle of nowhere and the few people who were there didn´t show much attention or excitement (with some exceptions). Two full days of travelling across the Alpes and back just to find an audience that doesn´t really appreciate you... I would have been pissed, too.

You have to come over to a show in Germany next time! Smile
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Paula wrote:
kappanera wrote:

I was there and at some other Devour tour shows in Europe before and after. To be honest, that gig in Italy was by far the worst one. The venue was shit and in the middle of nowhere and the few people who were there didn´t show much attention or excitement (with some exceptions). Two full days of travelling across the Alpes and back just to find an audience that doesn´t really appreciate you... I would have been pissed, too.

You have to come over to a show in Germany next time! Smile
I was one of the few guys going crazy in the front Very Happy 

About the full band thing I noticed he didn't actually rearranged the songs, and strumming the electric guitar at full force without at least a drummer felt a little strange to me.The slide guitar was nice but if he wants to play stripped down I'd go just for the acoustic guitar or the piano.
Back to top Go down
Paula
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Paula

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:07 pm

njguy99 wrote:
musigny wrote:

one question i dont see answered anywhere...why is he touring wo a band?  the albums are fantastic.  well produced w/o being OVERproduced, and the band sounds great!  

thanks
marc

He said during last night's show that he wants to perform the songs as he envisioned them when he wrote them - simple, spare. But he promised the Philly show to end the tour in April will feature a full band, and that he will bring a full band out on the road next year.

Full band already at the Philly show in April!?! Damned, I´m really tempted to fly over from Germany for this show! During the European tour a few weeks ago Dave promised to come back to Europe this next summer with a full band.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 pm

According to the club website, the Middle East show in Cambridge tomorrow will be an early show. There is a late show scheduled for 11pm.

It's supposed to snow a little tomorrow but not too bad and not too freezing for a change.

Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
rated_r_67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:56 am

Show last night was fun. First time at the lanes and it's a great little spot for an intimate show. I don't know, maybe it was the cold/weather, but I thought the crowd was a bit dead. Maybe because it was just Dave and no full band? Not sure, but I'd love to hear some of these arrangements with a full band.

Dave did kinda seem a bit uncomfortable at the beginning but warmed up (literally and figuretively) as the show went on. I really thought the Resolutions songs on acoustic guitar shined the most.

The last time I saw Dave he was opening for Gaslight at Irving Plaza, and I thought that was a better, more energetic performance. Some of the Devour songs without full band drag a bit (Fathers Son...to his credit he spiced in Jane & Trusty Chords) Still, last night was a great time. Matt (Northcote) was incredible despite his isssues at the beginning. Got to talk to him for a while and bought his CD after the show. Super cool down to earth dude. A lot of people were waiting around for Dave to come out, but he never did before we left around midnight.

Based on hearing the Philly show will be full band and the fact that I can see Matt perform again, Philly seems like a no brainer in April.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 3:59 am

Just got back from Newburgh, NY. There was a better turnout than I expected. It was at this tiny pub in the middle of f*cking nowhere so it made for a nice intimate atmosphere.

First off, Northcote totally lived up to the high expectations I had after everyone's been raving about him. Dave was great. The crowd seemed a bit low energy but happy to be there? if that makes any sense. There was lots of singing and clapping along though. Dave even turned off his acoustic guitar a few times and stepped back from the mic so the whole room could sing along without being overpowered by him. It was pretty cool.

I got to meet Dave after and of the 3 times I've met him, this was probably the most...relaxed. And I don't mean just me! He seems to have an anxious energy about him most of the time (not in a negative way), but he seemed more chill this time. He's always very nice though and this time proved no different. By the way, he also said he'll have a full band for the Brooklyn show too.

Also, apparently I recorded the majority of Dave's set without even knowing it? There's no video because my phone was in my pocket and I had no idea it was recording, haha. But I have audio! I'll try and upload that soon.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:44 am

I think Newburgh was bigger on singing along than the clapalong part of things. Definitely exceeded my expectations as a crowd Smile I was trying to guess how many people were in there. It had to be 100 tops, right?

I don't have a complaint about the Lanes show!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Does anyone know what the story is with all these candles at the Lanes?
The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Screen11
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:09 am

I got back a little while ago from Dave's show in Cambridge. It was awesome. Possibly the best overall show experience I've had in the last year and I've been lucky enough to see/experience a lot of good shows. 2014 is off to a good start!

Anyway, I went into detail about it and posted a ton of video clips along with a few photos over at rankersandrotters.com. Check it out if you're interested. It's in the "Setlists, photos, videos, Devourtour" and the "Devour US/CAN tour 2013/2014" threads.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Last night absolutely counts among my favorite live music experiences. The vibe was just fantastic, from the moment Dave came out the crowd was into it, singing along. I listen to Devour a lot and the songs sounded awesome live.

I loved Matt/Northcote as well. He seems such a nice guy and his music is great too.

Shelby, it was great to see you and your friend again. And thank you for referencing rankersandrotters, I hadn't known about the site.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 2:57 pm

It was good to see you guys too! And yeah, definitely check it out. We need more Americans on there.
Back to top Go down
Paula
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Paula

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:22 pm

In case you haven´t already heard about it: Dave will play his first online show this Tuesday at StageIt!

https://www.stageit.com/dave_hause/too_many_days_off/36975

Are you in?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:47 am

I got the email that this page was updated hoping it would be about TLO.....UGH SUCH A TEASEEEEEE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Full Band Concert Dresden on Youtube   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 7:08 am

It takes a while but now its online: Dave Hause - Full band concert Dresden video (45 minutes HD) with Chuck Ragan, Northcote, Tim Hause David Hidalgo & Joe Ginsberg
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:32 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:46 pm

http://fergusonaction.com/seasons-greetings/

Dave performing the new song Seasons Greeting From Ferguson for some kinda website supporting that cause.
Pretty quiet on here with the Dave Hause and I think I know the reason, but if theres someone that doesnt know, its probably this great forum where all the magic happens nowdays: http://rankers.canadianforum.net/forum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones/Dave Hause   The Loved Ones/Dave Hause - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Loved Ones/Dave Hause
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next